Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tickets for Il Derby Della Madonnina reserved
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News
Brian Birkin
I have read in Swedish news, that Swedish will be banned from buying tickets to the big match. This is because, Milan wants only people with real heart and passion to be present. 280 000 of the Cuore Rossonero ? card holders are reserved for the tickets. I am not sure if this goes for people other than Swedish.
Milan Are Brilliant
Can see why they do it. Too many foreigners go to just watch Milan - Inter. I'd be pi$$ed if I went regularly though not a season ticket holder and my potential ticket went to a foreigner interested in only this one fixture, twice a year. If the foreigner has clear previous purchase history then I think they should be exempt but they need proof on file. The San Siro doesn't sell out with Italians week-in, week-out so it would be just as bad if they were only turning up for this game.

Man if I was over in Italy or had the time to travel weekly to Italy and back I'd go every week. As long as it's Milan I don't care. In all honesty when I'm over in foreign countries I go to football grounds because it's football and for the experience. I can go to a conference game over here (4 leagues below the Premiership) and thoroughly enjoy the game. I don't get peoples mentality of oh it has to be a massive game ala Milan Derby or Madrid-Barca to go, clearly part-time football fans.
kurtsimonw
I fail to see how that is legal given that Sweden are in the EU. unsure.gif
servbot
After reading this and the other thread about getting tickets to the derby, although it seems very strange to me, I wish that US teams had systems like that. It's always impossible to get tickets to big games without paying exorbitant rates to scalpers, and there are always loads of people that buy tickets that aren't really fans. I don't think it would be legal here though. sad.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (servbot @ Mar 17 2011, 04:46 PM) *
After reading this and the other thread about getting tickets to the derby, although it seems very strange to me, I wish that US teams had systems like that. It's always impossible to get tickets to big games without paying exorbitant rates to scalpers, and there are always loads of people that buy tickets that aren't really fans. I don't think it would be legal here though. sad.gif

I don't think they should denote by country. IF the foreign individual has proof of regular, recent purchase history they should have access to tickets. That seems unfair because as I said the San Siro doesn't sell out every game and it's not always pure Italians. So the Italian people that don't turn up every game could just turn up for that one, it's kind of the same principle unless we're going for something for the Italian people. Though that's going down a dangerous road as you will rapidly alienate a large international fan-base by doing stuff like that.
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Mar 17 2011, 09:52 PM) *
I don't think they should denote by country. IF the foreign individual has proof of regular, recent purchase history they should have access to tickets. That seems unfair because as I said the San Siro doesn't sell out every game and it's not always pure Italians. So the Italian people that don't turn up every game could just turn up for that one, it's kind of the same principle unless we're going for something for the Italian people. Though that's going down a dangerous road as you will rapidly alienate a large international fan-base by doing stuff like that.

200% Agreed. Well put. innocent.gif Striking the right balance is what matters here.
Brian Birkin
http://www.acmilan.com/it/news/breaking_news_show/6984

I see the point with it, I think some people outside Milano are "plastic supporters" that do not have grinta. Of course, San Siro is now filled with Milanisti from inside Milano. If Cuore Rossonero is available to people in Italia, I know there is people outside that are Milanisti.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.