Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Van Bommel
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Milan Are Brilliant
Hopefully, nothing more than back up..!

At least Gattuso has someone to fight with now.
X-Offender
In terms of performance, I'd choose van Bommel over Gattuso any day.
Milan Are Brilliant
I didn't use to mind him but in recent years, especially throughout last summers World Cup I just thought he was an extremely dirty player (worse than De Jong) and so arrogant at the same time.

Hopefully he won't play more than a handful of games.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 25 2011, 03:34 PM) *
Hopefully, nothing more than back up..!

Why's that? He should be a starter. Like it or not, but he's better than both Ambrosini and Gattuso.
X-Offender
Better than Gattuso but I don't think he's better than Ambrosini.
William405
I think resting Ambrosini and playing him would be the perfect solution.Ambrosni's been playing piss poor lately,his passes were pretty bad,and he wasn't that good at defending either.I say rotate Van Bommel,Gattuso,Ambrosini and we'll get great performances from all of them.

I don't know where Flamini comes in here,and Strasser.It depends though,we might need one destroyer and a modern Dm in the formation.So Flamini or Strasser maybe useful.I think we should try and cash in Flamini,if it's possible and reinforce other areas.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 25 2011, 04:33 PM) *
I think we should try and cash in Flamini,if it's possible and reinforce other areas.

No way!!! Flamini should be a regular starter.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 25 2011, 04:49 PM) *
No way!!! Flamini should be a regular starter.

I agree. Well, unless he shows not to, but I think our best midfield might be Pirlo, Van Bommel, Flamini. Flamini at least got pace and so, unlike Ambrosini and Gattuso. Now with Van Bommel, there's not really a need to play Ambrosini.
William405
I'm just saying if it's possible to get 7-10 million for him,then I'd sell him and buy a fullback.

il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 25 2011, 09:23 AM) *
Better than Gattuso but I don't think he's better than Ambrosini.

MVB2 is WAY better then ambro and rino.
Jack Bauer
Raiola decided to make life easier for himself and move most of his clients to one place?

Anyway, I hate him and hope it's only till the end of the season in order to help us with injuries.
Danny
I think this is a pretty good signing tbh.
amancik
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 26 2011, 04:27 AM) *
I think this is a pretty good signing tbh.

+1

His reputation aside, he's a rather good defensive midfielder.
Danny
QUOTE (amancik @ Jan 25 2011, 08:45 PM) *
+1

His reputation aside, he's a rather good defensive midfielder.

tbh I didn't realise he was 33 - thought he was a bit younger. Still, a decent player to have in the squad.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 25 2011, 11:04 PM) *
tbh I didn't realise he was 33 - thought he was a bit younger. Still, a decent player to have in the squad.

We've signed him for only 6 months, so it's all good.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 25 2011, 05:07 PM) *

I didn't even realize that clubs do that blink.gif
acid911
And that too for free. rolleyes.gif Or so I've heard. Either way, I've got a feeling he'll see a lot of action on the pitch!
kurtsimonw
Hopefully he comes on in the 90th minute of a game we're winning easily, gets sent off and banned from Italian football.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 25 2011, 05:53 PM) *
And that too for free. rolleyes.gif Or so I've heard. Either way, I've got a feeling he'll see a lot of action on the pitch!

Yup it was on a free, cuz his contract was up in Summer with Bayern.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 25 2011, 06:01 PM) *
Hopefully he comes on in the 90th minute of a game we're winning easily, gets sent off and banned from Italian football.

laugh.gif somehow I doubt the bolded part

But the rest certainly sounds more than likely.
Boban10
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 25 2011, 10:01 PM) *

Hahaha, yep have to agree, i fear we have recruited one too many nutjobs!! I hope i am wrong.
X-Offender
By the way, it's van Bommel, not Van Bommel. The first letter in "van" in Dutch is not written in capitals. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 26 2011, 12:50 AM) *
By the way, it's van Bommel, not Van Bommel. The first letter in "van" in Dutch is not written in capitals. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

In your sentence it's Van Bommel. When ''van'' is the first word it becomes a capital. So it's true, it's Mark van Bommel, but it's Van Bommel.

edit: I now see ''Mark Van Bommel'' under the thread title. I guess you meant that?
Fishdoll
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jan 25 2011, 11:17 AM) *
MVB2 .

You should spend an eternity in the piranha tank for using that term. This thug in no way compares with Marco van Basten.

And for the record, I don't think he is in any way an improvement on what Milan already has. I see this as us doing a deal with Mino, nothing more, perhaps for future favors as regards Balotelli.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 26 2011, 01:03 AM) *
I will correct you. smile.gif In your sentence it's Van Bommel. When ''van'' is the first word it becomes a capital. So it's true, it's Mark van Bommel, but it's Van Bommel.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification.
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jan 26 2011, 03:13 AM) *
But the rest certainly sounds more than likely.

What, you agree with this: "Hopefully we're winning easily, gets sent off." laugh.gif tongue.gif That's what's left if we take out the bolded part that you have doubts on. And oh yeah, Bayern terminated his contract. I can find no faults with the deal, it's the player and his personality that has members divided it seems.

Anyway, welcome, Senior Bommel. devil.gif No matter who sings on to wear the red and black jersey, a proper welcome is warranted. I believe we'll be seeing him for the next 6 months, or 1.5 years (if he does well here). And if we have to win the Scudetto, I hope everyone does well.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 25 2011, 08:06 PM) *
What, you agree with this: "Hopefully we're winning easily, (and he) gets sent off." laugh.gif tongue.gif That's what's left if we take out the bolded part that you have doubts on. And oh yeah, Bayern terminated his contract. I can find no faults with the deal, it's the player and his personality that has members divided it seems.

Anyway, welcome, Senior Bommel. devil.gif No matter who sings on to wear the red and black jersey, a proper welcome is warranted. I believe we'll be seeing him for the next 6 months, or 1.5 years (if he does well here). And if we have to win the Scudetto, I hope everyone does well.

I knew someone was gonna get technical with it... laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jan 26 2011, 05:12 AM) *
I knew someone was gonna get technical with it...

Hehe, yeah. innocent.gif biggrin.gif If it has got something to do with the English language and proper grammar, I'm your man. Besides, the forum is awfully quite today, reminds me of a sad western movie.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 26 2011, 03:37 AM) *

..and this is the only reason I could sleep at night. I hope he is one of those players who grow on you as they play for your team.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 26 2011, 08:43 AM) *
I hope he is one of those players who grow on you as they play for your team.

I've got a feeling he will be. biggrin.gif This if Milan, after all, a unique atmosphere for all types of players.
MizNelson
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 25 2011, 09:00 PM) *
This if Milan, after all, a unique atmosphere for all types of players.

Doesn't seem that way nowadays, at least from my perspective.
Jack Sparrow
I'm disagreeing with you. You look at our team and it looked like we were the Expendables. Ibra coming in, then Robinho, then Boateng, then Cassano, now Bommel. All of them great players(ok KPB I thought was to put more bodies in it) but absolute time bombs.

And now when I see them play, all of our 'mercenaries' almost seem like they're eager to unite under a flag. Like they want to start a new life.

Now of course this could just be because things are going well. At the first sign of trouble things could explode...but I don't want to cross that bridge till I come to it.
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 26 2011, 12:05 PM) *
Doesn't seem that way nowadays, at least from my perspective.

Na, I see it too. sad.gif I'd have swore by the family atmosphere in say 2005, but I have doubts creeping in my brain now, surely the feeling is not as strong. But we are still better than what 90% of the clubs in top flight world football. Maybe even more. That will stay as long as B&G are here, I reckon.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 26 2011, 12:11 PM) *
Now of course this could just be because things are going well. At the first sign of trouble things could explode...but I don't want to cross that bridge till I come to it.

This. wink.gif This here is the universal truth, I know for a fact that things will explode once the results go wrong. We have one too many egotistic personalities in here. Another reason for this calmness (as of yet) is that we have a brand new coach. And oh, R80 is out of the dressing room.

As far as the players go, we have everything set to kablooie! Anything can trigger a war of words and fists, particularly now that we have a larger squad (in terms of numbers) as well.
Jack Sparrow
Puts why Seedorf, Rino, Ambro et al stay here in perspective doesn't it. biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 26 2011, 12:58 PM) *
Puts why Seedorf, Rino, Ambro et al stay here in perspective doesn't it.

Quite. laugh.gif But the sad part is that all three will be going out in a few years at the same time, with Pirlo following. It remains to be seen where the next crux of our team will come from, the youth team most probably. But for a little while, we will have a weird dressing room, surely.

First Paolo, and then our elite midfield and even Nesta will be heading toward the west. sad.gif Milan surely will be very different then, I can't get myself to imagine how the club will look. These guys have been here for a whole lot of time.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 26 2011, 08:58 AM) *
Puts why Seedorf, Rino, Ambro et al stay here in perspective doesn't it. biggrin.gif

Indeed.

Honestly, this may be a good transfer season all in all. But this summer we need to concetrate on different types of players. We need someone like Paloschi (but I have a feeling he's a part of the possible Criscito deal), or like Giuseppe Rossi. We need a player who's still not past his peak, and who really wants to play for Milan.
ForzaMaldini
@ the people who hopes he wont play a lot:
It's clear you didn't watch the WC and Bayern the recent years.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ Jan 27 2011, 03:15 PM) *

Good player, no doubt about that, but the guy is the epitome of a tw@t.
Jack Sparrow
+1.

Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ Jan 27 2011, 02:15 PM) *

The problem is I did watch them. On paper he doesn't seem that bad, then you watch a game and realise exactly what Locke said above.
Protagonist
You guys should see how sad the Bayern forums are, they lost their captain. I share their sentiments when I think of Shevcheno's move away from us.

I am no Van Bommel fan, then again I was no Ibra fan to begin with, but times change I guess.

It is my opinion that Van Bommel is not a flashy midfielder, he is more of a midfield general. Like Gattuso or Seedorf, someone who holds the weight of the midfield.

Yet I beg to question why a 33 year old ? Even if it is a 6 months contract, why not get Lazzari or Montolivio, who in my opinion would jump in a heart beat at the prospect of playing for us.
X-Offender
I don't think Lazzari is Milan quality and Montolivo is way too overrated. I'd rather have van Bommel for six months and Ganso in June.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 28 2011, 12:18 AM) *
I don't think Lazzari is Milan quality and Montolivo is way too overrated. I'd rather have van Bommel for six months and Ganso in June.

A.M.E.N. to that. wink.gif Ganso will add the needed creativity and Bommel if he stays a couple of years the firepower. We just need some quality guys in the flanks and the team is as close to being complete as it can be. Of course, then the need for a world class CB in the coming years will come up too.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 27 2011, 03:18 PM) *
I'd rather have van Bommel for six months and Ganso in June.

+1

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 27 2011, 04:09 PM) *
A.M.E.N. to that. wink.gif Ganso will add the needed creativity and Bommel if he stays a couple of years the firepower. We just need some quality guys in the flanks and the team is as close to being complete as it can be. Of course, then the need for a world class CB in the coming years will come up too.

+1
Fishdoll
1 league game, 1 red card. Raise a fin if you are surprised.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jan 30 2011, 12:46 AM) *

I don't blame him in this one though. It was totally unfair.
amancik
I think the second yellow was a bit harsh.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jan 29 2011, 11:46 PM) *

C'mon Fish, stop being such a stereotype. His red card was totally unfair.
KillerMax
It was not totally unfair! His second yellow was unjustified, yes, but his first tackle could have warranted a red card alone. He is one nasty player.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 30 2011, 12:26 AM) *
It was not totally unfair! His second yellow was unjustified, yes, but his first tackle could have warranted a red card alone. He is one nasty player.

If the same criteria would have been applied to all 22 players, the game would have had 2 or even 3 more red cards.

And well, it's not totally unfair, okay. It's just unfair devilsmiley.gif wink.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 30 2011, 01:26 AM) *

Oh come on, his first tackle was a yellow at best. Stop being so harsh on him. He didn't have a nasty game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.