Full Version: Cassano
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
han2503
Welcome to Milan.

Hopefully no trouble comes along with him
Fishdoll
For the penguins:

And there's a whole box of them for whoever can keep Cassano taking his happy pills.
TriniKing_CE
X-Offender
He looks great in our suit.
Jack Sparrow
He looks like a kid, picked off the playground! smile.gif
Protagonist
He looks tamed. There was never a question about his talent, the major question was about his attitude.

He scored two times already, with both Allegri and the senior players applauding his efforts in training. I hope that he is certainly tamed, as this is certainly his last chance to prove himself at the highest level.

And welcome FantAntonio
ForzaMaldini
Such a big fan of the guy biggrin.gif Welcome!

Some quotes of FanAntonio:
“What is truly important is being happy now. I know I haven’t given 100 per cent physically or mentally to this game. At best, I gave 50 per cent. Maybe a tiny bit more in the good years. But so what? Thanks to my talent, I live like a king, I play football and I have a great time. If I had wanted to give 100 per cent, I would have stayed at Real Madrid, sacrificed lots of things, done my very best and I probably would have succeeded. Instead, I’m here at Sampdoria and I love it.”

This one I like:
It’s hard to tell if he will. He already has a plan for life after football. “I plan to get fat,” he writes. “I mean really, really fat. Even now, when I don’t play for a month, I’ll put on a dozen pounds. I plan on eating. A lot. I plan on eating everything.”

He ends his book by comparing his talent to a Ferrari. To get the best out of such a car, you need to be on the open road, pushing the engine to its limit, roaring along at 150mph. “I’d be driving my Ferrari through the centre of town in third gear, window down, arm out, smiling happily,” he writes.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 31 2010, 07:16 AM) *
He looks like a kid, picked off the playground! smile.gif

Exactly. smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 31 2010, 12:50 AM) *
He looks great in our suit.

Like everyone in it wink.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Protagonist @ Dec 31 2010, 05:44 AM) *
He scored two times already, with both Allegri and the senior players applauding his efforts in training.

It's early.

So, Ibra, Robinho, and now Cassano. Nice to see we're now a refuge for head cases.
X-Offender
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 1 2011, 10:55 AM) *
So, Ibra, Robinho, and now Cassano. Nice to see we're now a refuge for head cases.

World-class head cases. king.gif
dst
It will be a miracle if this idiot actually manages to control himself even a little.
amancik
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 2 2011, 03:37 AM) *
It will be a miracle if this idiot actually manages to control himself even a little.

Then let's hope for that miracle shall we...
Brian Birkin
I believe in FantAntonio potential in Milan. I thought like this, what a player has done in clubs before he comes to Milan, is irrelevant, because when he enters Milanello, he enters a new world.
Grande Milan has a way of merging players into a team.

Also, who is betting on that we will win Champions this season? It is now that Grande Milan often starts raising the level.
Liput_lo
Can he (cassono) play in Champions League? if not why?
Rossoneri7
Am I the only one feeling pain in my stomach ?

Why is it that we have a roster being filled by nut cases ?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Liput_lo @ Jan 3 2011, 08:08 AM) *
Can he (cassono) play in Champions League? if not why?

Nope, because he played the preliminary round with Sampdoria.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 3 2011, 01:28 PM) *
Nope, because he played the preliminary round with Sampdoria.

mad.gif angry.gif realmad.gif Yeah, and also because the idiots at FIFA decided that the new rule change (that takes effect this season, and the one I posted about in the other thread) only affects players who played in the 3rd qualifying round of UEFA championships. For some stupid reason it is not for players who played for teams who played in the 4th round (like Sampdoria).

So yeah, he is not eligible after all. sleep.gif Pathetic really, who is the schmuck that decides such things!
Brian Birkin
3 Gennaio 12.41 Milan confirms Cassano is official. On a note, Cassano has taken the 99 maglia.
Jack Bauer
Antonio can also play in the Champions League

http://www.football-italia.net/jan06q.html
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 6 2011, 01:26 PM) *

Just saw that as well...

“Cassano is not in shape yet, as he has only been training with us for a week. The important thing is that he carries on training. Antonio can also play in the Champions League and we have many games ahead of us, so it’s crucial to have a wide range of stars to choose from.”

biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif
CrazyMilanFan
man these UEFA rules ae complex anyway it is good that he can play in UCL
Rivaldo
35 minutes at the pitch, 3 assists. I adore Cassano!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Jan 9 2011, 09:32 PM) *
35 minutes at the pitch, 3 assists. I adore Cassano!

Nice to hear from you Rivaldo smile.gif

Agree, Cassano has been nothing but amazing.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 10 2011, 03:00 AM) *
Nice to hear from you Rivaldo

Double that. Rivaldo! devil.gif Nice to have you here in the forums again!
X-Offender
And what amazing assists they were! king.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 11 2011, 07:47 PM) *
And what amazing assists they were! king.gif

+1
Bluesummers
Gotta love a free cassano <3
Ry4n
Grande Cassano i will see you soon at the San Siro Habibi !!!!!!!
MizNelson
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 1 2011, 09:53 AM) *
World-class head cases. king.gif

You actually consider Robinho world class? That's frightening.
X-Offender
What's scary is you replying to posts two weeks late.
ForzaMaldini
Official presentation:
http://www.video.mediaset.it/video/sportme...#tc-s1-c1-o1-p1

I would like to thank Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani who gambled on me in a moment of difficulty.

“I am pretty sure this will be the last club of my career. I am at the peak.

“I have made many mistakes but I have no regrets. Now it's time for me to change. I want to win and do things right.

“Lots of teams wanted me, but as soon as I knew Milan wanted to sign me, I said to myself: 'Let's go there'.

“Rino Gattuso told me that everything is perfect here. You have everything to do well. If I don't manage to succeed here, I should be locked up in a madhouse.

“I am a second striker, but I am at the service of the Coach. I am open to playing in any role in attack. All I want is to win.

“I would like to once again thank Sampdoria because I was very loved there.”
acid911
Mmm, nice LCD. cool.gif Even the small display on the front of the table is looking good!
anano1214
Antonio Cassano: Only Barcelona's Lionel Messi Is Better Than Milan's Alexandre Pato

Pato almost like Messi, Cassano says...

Milan attacker Antonio Cassano believes that only Barcelona forward Lionel Messi is better than Alexandre Pato.

Speaking to Il Corriere dello Sport ahead of Monday's game against Napoli, Cassano said, "Pato is the strongest of all, I told him this.

"Only one player is greater than him, Messi. Both would compliment each other and it would be exceptional to see them in the same team."

Former Blaugrana hitman Zlatan Ibrahimovic will go head-to-head with Edinson Cavani, Serie A's top scorer thus far on 20 goals compared to Ibra's 13.

"Ibrahimovic - Cavani, the strongest? Let's not joke. What question is this? Cavani is a good player, but Ibrahimovic is from another category," added Cassano.

"As for Napoli, Walter Mazzarri believes they can win the Scudetto, but maybe he doesn't know Milan are stronger."

Goal.com/en
acid911
Gee, those are some very sweeping statements from Cassano. ohmy.gif Unsurprising, but really, big claims!
X-Offender
Cassano is the man!!! king.gif
han2503
Hopefully he doesn't get pie on his face come Monday and he delivers
MizNelson
Antonio Cassano: Only Barcelona's Lionel Messi Is Better Than Milan's Alexandre Pato

Seriously?

This is Oscars-red carpet-fake-interview-caliber material here.
kurtsimonw
When I read the first few words of that I swore it was going to say "Antonio Cassano: Only Barcelona's Lionel Messi is better than me".
X-Offender
I think MizNelson posts here only to criticize people and things. biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 27 2011, 12:33 PM) *

+1... Whoops. I forgot. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Bluesummers
lolol hes better than pato lmfao
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 15 2011, 11:29 PM) *
What's scary is you replying to posts two weeks late.

How does 6 weeks late grab you smile.gif

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 27 2011, 08:34 AM) *
When I read the first few words of that I swore it was going to say "Antonio Cassano: Only Barcelona's Lionel Messi is better than me".

I love Cassano, I think he's great tbh. I also think Messi is way over rated. Iniesta and Xavi should get the real credit, particularly Iniesta.

But even I would say that maybe Cassano isn't quite as good as Messi. Although he is outrageously talented.

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Feb 27 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Seriously?

This is Oscars-red carpet-fake-interview-caliber material here.

Every word is true. I swear...

Edit: Posts merged - MAB.
Rossoneri7
Cassano admits to having struggled with problems in the past.

"There were times when my mind just wouldn't grow up. There were those who tried to fix things like Fabio Capello," he added.

"There was nothing to do though. Now I have Massimiliano Allegri, he is great and he knows how to take me."

huh.gif
X-Offender
biggrin.gif
arivanjj
“Now I am expecting a child and it’s an uphill struggle, as soon my kid will know all the dumb things I did! It will be tough being credible at that point... but I’ll manage it." laugh.gif

“Just two things really count: the first is education and the second having a ball between your feet. The boy is showing positive signs already, as he constantly kicks in his mother’s tummy. Both right and left footed.”
milanbuf88
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 2 2011, 07:44 PM) *
“Now I am expecting a child and it’s an uphill struggle, as soon my kid will know all the dumb things I did! It will be tough being credible at that point... but I’ll manage it." laugh.gif

“Just two things really count: the first is education and the second having a ball between your feet. The boy is showing positive signs already, as he constantly kicks in his mother’s tummy. Both right and left footed.”

Cassano is straight up nuts but I'm impressed with the amount of maturity he has shown so far with Milan both on and off the pitch. He has slotted into the role that has been asked of him being a killer creative sub with the ability to start when needed. Also he seems to have a refreshing and humorous perspective about his past problems. Who knows maybe having a kid was the kick in the *** he needed. Either way I hope he keeps his head on straight for the rest of this scudetto run.
Jack Sparrow
Yeah I have to agree there. I think for the first time he's got a good mix of people around him. All champions, but both people who are immensely talented as well as those who've worked hard for their success.

The fact that this is HIS last chance also helps. If he can't make it here, he might as well give up and go back to Bari.
MizNelson
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 27 2011, 04:33 AM) *

Dracoris
Haha, love it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.