Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan before Christmas
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
So, let's see..
acid911
Definitely the first option. sleep.gif Allegri does not inspire as much confidence in me than the team players, and frankly we have been here because of the guys. The coach seems like a slow learner, and is still finding his feet, I guess.
X-Offender
Unsure. I think Allegri has done a very good job in compacting the team and benching certain "zombies" like Ronaldinho and Seedorf. However, he has major flaws. He isn't capable of reading the game in process and make the adequate changes to affect the result. He's fixated on playing Gattuso and Ambrosini in every single game, disregarding their old ages. He doesn't have a back-up plan. As soon as the opponent manages to block our game and/or one of our key players gets injured, we're left in the mercy of fate. And most of all, he still has a small-club coach mentality. But it's too soon to write him off. He deserves at least one season before leaving room for judgments.
acid911
Exactly, we haven't been able to win one league game this season (if my memory serves me right) when we went 0-1 down. That is not a good sign. sad.gif Only against RM in the CL at San Siro did we manage to score a goal after being conceding, and well we all know how that ended.

The thing with Leo (or any other coach for that matter) was that he was at least able to make changes during a game, one that could and did affect the outcome. This guy does not. biggrin.gif He waits and waits for something to magically pop up, and seems to only analyzes the mistakes after the match ends. Or at least, I think he does. I dread to think if we ever go 0-2 down again (a repeat of Casena), what will Allegri do. Champion teams don't do that, they fight back. Here the plan seems to be to score early and then take hold of the match. We don't score early, and our goose is cooked it seems. Neither the coach nor the team knows what to do after conceding.
Fillipo Simone
Hmhm...Pippo...
acid911
Yeah, but we lost him at the worse possible time. sad.gif For this reason along I was so against loaning Paloschi out. Sure he may learn a thing or two at a small club, but then again, what he would have experienced here with the first team would have been worth much more than that - staying and learning from champions, plus be on standby in case of troubling times such as this.

He hasn't had it good in Parma too, quality performance here and a bad injury there, really.
Dracoris
Despite Allegri.

I'm not saying he can't get better. But at this point in time, he's not the guy I want on our sidelines. The players have earned us first place. Allegri's faults have shown up in the Champs league where we were only able to beat Auxerre.
kurtsimonw
I actually like Allegri.

I think it's unfair how people seem to see him, it's like the opposite of how people see the England team in that anytime we do something good - it's the players. Anytime something goes wrong - it's Allergi's fault.
Bluesummers
I think there should be an option

5) Allegri is lucky that Ibra is on the field or otherwise he'd have been sacked in october.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Dec 21 2010, 10:03 AM) *
I think there should be an option

5) Allegri is lucky that Ibra is on the field or otherwise he'd have been sacked in october.

Option 1 covers that.
dst
Allegri has not been harming us and he has not done anything great either. We're where we are because of certain players. A better coach would not have done much better. You guys think Allegri's holding is back but, in my view, you're wrong, this is certainly not a great team.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 21 2010, 12:50 PM) *
Allegri has not been harming us and he has not done anything great either. We're where we are because of certain players. A better coach would not have done much better. You guys think Allegri's holding is back but, in my view, you're wrong, this is certainly not a great team.

Not a great team at all dry.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 21 2010, 11:53 AM) *
Not a great team at all dry.gif

You've seen great so I'm really surprised you'd use the word for this team. It's lightly used anywhere really so we tend to forget what great really is.
Fillipo Simone
Do you think we can become great?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 21 2010, 10:32 AM) *
You've seen great so I'm really surprised you'd use the word for this team. It's lightly used anywhere really so we tend to forget what great really is.

It depends on the use of the word. This team is certainly great compared to having players like Emerson, Brocchi and Kaladze!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 21 2010, 01:32 PM) *

Actually I agree with you, I don't consider this team to be great.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 21 2010, 12:52 PM) *
Do you think we can become great?

Not with our midfield and fullbacks.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 21 2010, 12:58 PM) *
It depends on the use of the word. This team is certainly great compared to having players like Emerson, Brocchi and Kaladze!

Emerson is great.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 21 2010, 01:06 PM) *
Actually I agree with you, I don't consider this team to be great.

Now I'm confused! tongue.gif
Bluesummers
I guess its the same thing when Ancelotti got hired.

For those of you guys who were around at that time, was Carlo treated similarily to how allegri is now in his first year?
Fillipo Simone
No, it was a totally different situation. Milan was wondering from Zaccheroni to Maldini, and then when everything seemed set for Terim to take over at Milan he failed too and a new special situation broke out. Then, if I'm not wrong, we had a caretaker and after Ancelotti signed everyone was thrilled to have a proper coach and no one really expected anything but end the season with a decent finish and prepare the team for future goals.

I'd say Allegri bears more pressure on his sholders.
Danny
Amazing to look back at opinion 6 months ago. It was very different to what it is now. Seems to happen quite a lot around here...
X-Offender
I still stick to my initial opinion. Allegri is a good coach, but he has much to improve, especially in the European scene.
Dracoris
I think its fair to say Allegri built upon his mistakes and the purchase of Markie V has really helped him tactically find a solution for this team. And its only normal for people to celebrate after winning the league, giving an appearance of changed opinion.

I, along with X-off, still believe he has a long way to go.
Danny
Can't quite understand the opinion that he's got a long way to go. He just won the league in his first season by quite a distance. Ok, so the CL didn't work out, but only because of one bad off night at the Siro V Spurs.
Dracoris
QUOTE (Danny @ May 19 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Can't quite understand the opinion that he's got a long way to go. He just won the league in his first season by quite a distance. Ok, so the CL didn't work out, but only because of one bad off night at the Siro V Spurs.

A great coach shouldn't have an off night at home for such a massive game. That, to me, shows a need of improvement.

One thing Allegri does well though, is win the small games. i.e. The brescia's and bari's of the league.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Dracoris @ May 19 2011, 08:59 PM) *
A great coach shouldn't have an off night at home for such a massive game. That, to me, shows a need of improvement.

1. It was only his fisrt season in the european competitions, so of course mistakes here and there are expected. He will get better.

2. Our midfield was filled with injuries with many key players unavailable.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ May 19 2011, 06:19 PM) *
1. It was only his fisrt season in the european competitions, so of course mistakes here and there are expected. He will get better.

2. Our midfield was filled with injuries with many key players unavailable.

We performed badly in the groups as well. Next season if we want to go anywhere in Europe then we need to win our group, simple. Not winning the group means a hard KO tie, sure this season we were lucky with Spurs but that's usually the exception rather then the rule. Even if we managed to botch the Spurs game as well rolleyes.gif

Also, I really do think, that injuries or not, we should have gotten through. The way we played at home cost us the tie imo. But we played the perfect away game, so I'm hoping allegri has learnt some thing from this season's run in the CL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.