Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why don't milan assign
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
soccerinmablood
Why don't milan assign 2, 3, 4 n 6 numbers to any player in current squad do they think that any player rite now in the squad does'nt match the calibre of the ex-milan player to whom these number belongs 2 - Cafu, 3 - Maldini, 4 - Kaladze n 6 - Costacurtta... I think they should give 2 to Oddo, 3 to Zambrotta, 4 to Bonera n 6 to Yeppes...

Please don't change the font size - default is fine
han2503
QUOTE (soccerinmablood @ Nov 25 2010, 10:50 AM) *
Why don't milan assign 2, 3, 4 n 6 numbers to any player in current squad do they think that any player rite now in the squad does'nt match the calibre of the ex-milan player to whom these number belongs 2 - Cafu, 3 - Maldini, 4 - Kaladze n 6 - Costacurtta... I think they should give 2 to Oddo, 3 to Zambrotta, 4 to Bonera n 6 to Yeppes...

3 and 6 are retired numbers so no one can wear them unless one of the Maldini kids makes it through then he can wear the 3. Also Costacurta never wore 6, that was Baresi's number.
amancik
Plus our current players aren't worthy enough to touch those numbers.
han2503
QUOTE (amancik @ Nov 25 2010, 11:33 AM) *
Plus our current players aren't worthy enough to touch those numbers.

The 4 which was previously occupied by Kaladze can be filled by anyone without any problems of being worthy of it...

CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 25 2010, 12:42 PM) *
The 4 which was previously occupied by Kaladze can be filled by anyone without any problems of being worthy of it...

Unless T.Silva wants to keep #33, he is the one who deserves #4.

Thiago Silva 96.gif
X-Offender
#4 would be perfect for Thiago. Enough with the silly large numbers, like #70 or #80, they look awful.
soccerinmablood
i think they should give thiago silva number 31 number of ac milan ex-defender jaap stam forza milan...

X-Offender
QUOTE (soccerinmablood @ Nov 25 2010, 08:02 PM) *
i think they should give thiago silva number 31 number of ac milan ex-defender jaap stam forza milan...

I think not. wink.gif
Bluesummers
Silva's fav number is 3; he's always worn 3. He wears 33 now because he can't wear 3.
Danny
QUOTE (soccerinmablood @ Nov 25 2010, 07:02 PM) *

biggrin.gif Ah the old moderator's red pen.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Nov 26 2010, 02:06 AM) *
Silva's fav number is 3; he's always worn 3. He wears 33 now because he can't wear 3.

Kinda a shame Silva cannot wear #3 now. Baresi and Maldini were special, but Silva would not have been a bad new #3. We better get a good replacement for Nesta who can wear #4 then.
Fishdoll
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 4 2010, 11:25 AM) *
Kinda a shame Silva cannot wear #3 now. Baresi and Maldini were special, but Silva would not have been a bad new #3.

I can't believe you actually said this.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 4 2010, 05:25 PM) *
Kinda a shame Silva cannot wear #3 now. Baresi and Maldini were special, but Silva would not have been a bad new #3. We better get a good replacement for Nesta who can wear #4 then.

You want to give Maldini's retired shirt over to Silva????

He's good but not that good, and certainly won't ever take legendary status at the club like Paolo has
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 15 2010, 10:39 PM) *
You want to give Maldini's retired shirt over to Silva????

He's good but not that good, and certainly won't ever take legendary status at the club like Paolo has

No. You don't understand. (I'm feeling like that Italian guy talking to someone from Malta.)

Just saying that if we didn't had retired numbers, Silva would have been a very good new #3.

Actually, Thiago Silva has got it all to become our next legend. Of course no one will become as legendary as Paolo Maldini.
X-Offender
Retiring shirt numbers is bullsh*t.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2010, 12:48 AM) *
Retiring shirt numbers is bullsh*t.

It kinda is, yeah. I think I agree with you on this.

No surprise coming from you, the one hating #33, #80, etc. tongue.gif
Fishdoll
I for one am glad the club disagrees with the august opinions of X-Offender and Chu-Lip in the cases of Baresi and Maldini.
Bluesummers
These guys served over 20 year careers in milan and rightfully deserve to have their numbers retired. I hope Zanetti also has his number retired as these players deserve to rewarded for their unmatched loyalty.

TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Dec 15 2010, 10:27 PM) *
These guys served over 20 year careers in milan and rightfully deserve to have their numbers retired. I hope Zanetti also has his number retired as these players deserve to rewarded for their unmatched loyalty.

+1

And let's not forget Del Piero.

*...Hey look the fish is back* cool.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Dec 16 2010, 03:33 AM) *
I for one am glad the club disagrees with the august opinions of X-Offender and Chu-Lip in the cases of Baresi and Maldini.

+1. Some larger than life players deserve that honor. It's not like we are retiring shirts for every good player we had.
Fillipo Simone
Exactly. It's those special two how won't be surpassed in a million years.

It's not a big deal anyway for Thiago, he'd just get under emense pressure with that number on his shirt.

As for the #4, I'd make a Albertini and assign it to one of the midfielders, maybe Flamini.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Dec 16 2010, 04:27 AM) *

I'm sure both X-Offender and I weren't talking about wether they deserved it or not. I believe there are better ways to show respect than by retiring numbers.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 16 2010, 12:52 PM) *
I'm sure both X-Offender and I weren't talking about wether they deserved it or not. I believe there are better ways to show respect than by retiring numbers.

Precisely.
Dracoris
Nah, its like winning the Medal of Honor. Its an eternal achievement at a club and these guys deservedly earned it. AC Milan is forever changed because of guys like Baresi and Maldini so they deserve an honor of that stature.

How else would you honor someone of that nature, just out of curiosity?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 16 2010, 01:52 PM) *

Yes, and Milan shows them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.