Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zlatan and Robinho
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
Inspirational signings, without doubt. Strasser, Amelia, Yepes, Sokratis, Boateng - all evidence of a real overhaul at the Meazza.

First day's performance - impressive.

Is this a sign of a real wind of change - or are we being seduced by superficial changes which won't affect our real fortunes?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 2 2010, 03:27 PM) *
Inspirational signings, without doubt. Strasser, Amelia, Yepes, Sokratis, Boateng - all evidence of a real overhaul at the Meazza.

First day's performance - impressive.

Is this a sign of a real wind of change - or are we being seduced by superficial changes which won't affect our real fortunes?

I think it's the latter. We'll probably have some short term success, but imo both signings smell of Silvio once again buying the fans with something superficial in order to increase his own personal image
X-Offender
We'll be serious contenders for both Serie A and Champions League. Even Mourinho admitted such. tongue.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 2 2010, 07:27 AM) *

Impossible to tell after just one game. And we were playing bottom-of-the-barrel Lecce, whom we should have no problem with, in all honesty.
han2503
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 2 2010, 05:03 PM) *
Impossible to tell after just one game. And we were playing bottom-of-the-barrel Lecce, whom we should have no problem with, in all honesty.

Well given the way we can play when we're really sucking, we could have easily drawn it, no matter how bad Lecce are.

The most encouraging aspect is the way we played. Last season we won the first game, but we were scrappy, just barely holding on against Siena
Jack Bauer
We'll be fine short term (this season and probably the next) but Silvio will have to spend much more in the next few years as the old guard of Ambro, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Zanbro, Pippo, Seedorf won't be playing forever.
Boban10
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 2 2010, 05:03 PM) *

Absolutely, but, i was impressed with the way we went about our game. Seemed confident, players looked comfortable in their positions and what they had been asked to do. I dont remember seeing any nervousness at all, back line seemed solid, midfield were mobile and the goals were really good. I feel we did well and went about the job at hand with the proper attitude.

And san siro was louder than i remember at any time last year. smile.gif (granted ibra was in the stands, but still).

I am always optimistic, but more so this season.

Dracoris
Honestly, short-term is absolutely what this team needs. With the youth system in place right now, if R.I.P (smile.gif) + Robinho can take care of business for about three years, our incredible youth can come in and take over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.