Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Milan New Boy Zlatan Ibrahimovic Blasts 'Small-Time Coach' Pep Guardiola After Barcelona Exit
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
abanovac
New AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has hit out at former coach Pep Guardiola after his exit from Barcelona, claiming that the Spaniard was the only person who wanted him to leave Camp Nou.

The 28-year-old joined Milan this week after a spell in Catalonia in which he never managed to hit the heights his pedigree promised.

"In my book, a great coach solves his problems. A small-time coach runs from them," Ibrahimovic told reporters, as quoted by the Press Association.

"There was only one person (on the Barcelona team) who wanted to get rid of me.

"I have never had problems with any coach before during my career. But suddenly I had a thousand problems and I had no communication with 'the Philosopher'. No communication whatsoever. I don't know what his problem was."

And the Swede insists that he was simply left with no option but to find a new club.

"I couldn't take it. I had no choice but to find a new place of work and I was lucky to go to a club like Milan," he added.

"I am 28 years old and cannot afford to lose a year sitting on the bench and watching the weather."
acid911
Well I will reserve the final verdict until we hear Pep's side of the story. smile.gif Maybe they both had communication problems, I seriously can't think what could have happened in 6 months after Ibra's arrival (keeping in mind they haven't been talking for half an year).
abanovac
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 3 2010, 03:48 AM) *
Well I will reserve the final verdict until we hear Pep's side of the story. smile.gif Maybe they both had communication problems, I seriously can't think what could have happened in 6 months after Ibra's arrival (keeping in mind they haven't been talking for half an year).

other players have come out from Barcelona such as Seydou Keita and stated that they do not communicate with Pep apart from the bare minimum that is necesairy to get by. this was also on goal.com but i couldnt find the exact article.
acid911
QUOTE (abanovac @ Sep 3 2010, 11:34 AM) *
other players have come out from Barcelona such as Seydou Keita and stated that they do not communicate with Pep apart from the bare minimum that is necesairy to get by. this was also on goal.com but i couldnt find the exact article.

Oh, didn't know that. ohmy.gif If so, then it makes sense, this is no way for a coach to communicate with players!
kurtsimonw
It was mentioned a few times during the Sky Sports commentary in Barca's season opener as well. Apparently if Zlatan walked into a room, Pep would just walk out and ignore him. I do like Guardiola, but that's not a good attitude from a coach to have.

(Sky Sports generally do tend to favour Barca too, so it's not like there's a bias involved here)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.