Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boateng
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Tennie
Welcome to Kevin Prince Boateng!
Rossoneri7
I expect a lot from him ... Would it be wrong to call him a utility player ?

Welcome Prince devilsmiley.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 28 2010, 09:51 PM) *
I expect a lot from him ...

Same here. Welcome aboard! 96.gif
TriniKing_CE
Not to be forgotten in the Ibrahimovic hype.

Welcome to Prince Boateng - may you have a successful season with us and have the pleasure of signing on!
amancik
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 29 2010, 03:51 AM) *
I expect a lot from him ... Would it be wrong to call him a utility player ?

Welcome Prince devilsmiley.gif

Me too, I think he did rather well against Barcelona.
Blackmaster
I didn't expect that he'll play that good against Barcelona. I thought he's not a good player, in the wc I didn't like him and I've heard romours saying that he's very bad in Portsmouth.

Welcome Price, I wish you good luck in Milan.
Milan Are Brilliant
No, no he was good at Pompey him and O'hara were there main players last season in my opinion.

He's a good signing, I don't think he will set the world alight but certainly a player who is good to have as an option.
han2503
Got to hand it to the guy, he looks like he's been playing with the team for a while. And has some nice moves also

Boateng vs Lecce
Jack Sparrow
Yes. I'm curious to see how useful he is in our system. In theory he should help us transition from defence to offence much faster...as well as be important in a sole striker setup, should we choose to play that 4-5-1 or variant type of formation...not outside the realms of possibility with Ibra in and Pato's injury concerns.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 30 2010, 12:17 PM) *
Yes. I'm curious to see how useful he is in our system. In theory he should help us transition from defence to offence much faster...as well as be important in a sole striker setup, should we choose to play that 4-5-1 or variant type of formation...not outside the realms of possibility with Ibra in and Pato's injury concerns.

Also I think this will give us chances to rest Pirlo. We don't have to play the DM now if we want to rest Pirlo, Boateng and Seedorf can be the ones to push forward and then the DM to complete a still very strong midfield, plus it would make for a very powerful midfield.

Imo our midfield would still need one more player in order to be complete, not just the starting 3, but enable us to compete in all 3 competitions. Aquilani would have been a perfect player, especially considering Juve swiped him on loan.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2010, 01:10 PM) *
Got to hand it to the guy, he looks like he's been playing with the team for a while. And has some nice moves also

Boateng vs Lecce

The "no-look" pass for Dinho was class.
Zed.D
I'm really happy with his signing. we needed a player with his passion and athleticism.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2010, 09:07 AM) *
The "no-look" pass for Dinho was class.

+1 When I saw that during the match I was like... huh.gif wtf!? Seriously?! thumbup.gif
amancik
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 30 2010, 10:43 PM) *
+1 When I saw that during the match I was like... huh.gif wtf!? Seriously?! thumbup.gif

Didn't see that coming did ya? Pffft! I totally expected it.
TriniKing_CE
Just learn't that we actually acquired Prince on a co-own deal rather than a loan...

Links:

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=127464

http://www.legaseriea.it/it/serie-a-tim/ca...sferimento/1716
han2503
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 2 2010, 08:57 PM) *
Just learn't that we actually acquired Prince on a co-own deal rather than a loan...

Links:

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=127464

http://www.legaseriea.it/it/serie-a-tim/ca...sferimento/1716

Ah, so we'll probably pay them the half of his contract if he does well
abanovac
Boateng showed lots of promise against Lecce. Lets hope he can back that up with more good performances
TriniKing_CE
Boateng pleased with Euro debut
Wednesday 15 September, 2010

Kevin Prince Boateng was pleased with his impressive Champions League debut for Milan after coming off the bench.

“It was difficult for me, as I came in and couldn’t warm up properly. This is football, it happens, and I think I did well,” said the Ghanaian.

He was on the sidelines for the first 15 minutes, but had to quickly make his way on to the pitch after Massimo Ambrosini’s injury.

“I just tried to do my best and help the team, as we lost at the weekend and had to show the fans we could get results and play good football.

“There’s a lot of competition for places in midfield, so all I can do is keep working and hope for the weekend.”

Link: http://football-italia.net/sep15aa.html
Linkman
Yes he was erratic, yes he occasionally was out of position...

He still gave speed and movement to our midfield. Keep working KPB, soon enough you'll be a mainstay in midfield.
Jack Sparrow
Athletic player with strength and technique. Reminds me of Zee without the supercomputer inside his head. But we need to really start resting and rotating our players.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 17 2010, 10:46 AM) *
Athletic player with strength and technique. Reminds me of Zee without the supercomputer inside his head. But we need to really start resting and rotating our players.

True. A strong mid is what will see us through the season, and I'd much rather have at least 4 top performing midfielders than 2. Early days, I know, but Boateng has shown the potential. smile.gif Even though he's probably dead tired after the long and taxing EPL season, the World Cup, and even a few trips to Africa with the NT. Good on you, KPB!
William405
http://www.football-italia.net/blogs/al170.html

I...I wuv him.

Seriously,great signing.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 16 2010, 12:43 PM) *
Seriously,great signing.

No doubt. I was thinking during the World Cup that he can help us, but he has done better than expected.
X-Offender
I'm pretty positive Genoa signed Boateng for the sole purpose of handing him over to us. We didn't want to spend the €5 million of his price tag, so we asked Preziosi to do that for us. Of course, we'll have to pay him next summer in order to make him a definite buy.
acid911
Exactly. A financial gain for Genoa, but a footballing loss. wink.gif I am sure both clubs had mutual understanding in this matter, so it is a win-win for all parties involved.
Dracoris
I mean, he's been good, better than expected, but I'd hardly rate him as high as Ibra. Football Italia made him out to be the next coming of Zidane. Lets see how he plays against a big team like Roma, and then we'll talk.
William405
“He seemed very calm to me. Let’s face it, we are not lacking in players with a ‘difficult’ character in this team. I’m a bit of a weird guy too, but it’s important to have personality.”

Lol'ed
Brian Birkin
Boateng is important player i believe, he goes with heart and grinta always, fighting player.
ForzaMaldini
We might miss him for a while as his injury seems to be serieus sad.gif
Jack Bauer
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=42117

His injury is less serious than what was expected at first.
ForzaMaldini
Boateng is suffering from an insertional adductor tendinopathy, the player will continue to have treatment

What the hell is a 'insertional adductor tendinopathy'?
Fishdoll
Pulled muscle in his thigh, I suspect.
Jack Sparrow
^^^

laugh.gif I don't know...but that line seems to come straight out of a sitcom. I still hate your scales though! dry.gif
X-Offender
I heard on QSVS that Boateng could be out for another month. Hope it's not true. sad.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 25 2011, 05:06 PM) *
I heard on QSVS that Boateng could be out for another month. Hope it's not true. sad.gif

*sigh*

...No wonder we opted to get Van Bommel.
Jack Sparrow
Holy ****! I forgive Fester.
acid911
Nice to see this post of yours (the forgiving Fester one) was after your previous post (the player growing one). In any case, we needed someone to stay at the top of the pile. smile.gif And I love this January transfer window, pretty much the best one since we nabbed R99 in 2007.
William405
Kevin-Prince Boateng is expected to start against Juventus this evening and promised a spectacular goal celebration for Milan.

“If I score the goal that wins us the Scudetto, then prepare yourselves: I’m going to dance on the pitch like Michael Jackson!”

The Ghana international also has other plans to mark his time spent at Milan, especially as he is still co-owned by Genoa.

“I hope to stay here, even if 50 per cent of my contract is with Genoa. Scudetto, Champions League, Coppa Italia: why set limits?

“If I do well and get to stay at Milan, then I’ll tattoo the club logo on my left arm.”

Football-italia.net

About his dancing,yeah,not too excited to see it xD.
X-Offender
I love this guy! king.gif
rip
not so good news about baoteng. dry.gif

link
Milan Are Brilliant
Was he consuming alcohol or is that just an assumption? Loads of players over here go out and stay on OJ.
X-Offender
QUOTE (rip @ Mar 23 2011, 11:55 AM) *
not so good news about baoteng. dry.gif

link

Merkel's agent denied such rumors. And there was no fuss about it from the major Italian sport press. Probably just made-up BS.
11 ~ тäнvä
Yeah, looks like it was a fake written by an online newspaper... I would like to punch those journalists in the face dry.gif
Dracoris
The guy has a wife and kid, I'd hope he wouldn't be out partying til 3am on any night.
William405
Kevin-Prince Boateng has promised to do the moonwalk if Milan end up winning the Scudetto this season.

The 24-year-old Ghana international has emerged as a key player in Milan's title challenge.

“If we were to win the Scudetto, I would dance the moonwalk dressed as Michael Jackson, hopefully directly on the pitch,” Boateng told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I have never won anything important in my career. The Scudetto would be a great conquest.”

Asked if Milan are capable of doing the double, Boateng said: “Absolutely yes. They are both realisable objectives.

“For character alone I want to win any game in any competition.”

Typical Boateng <3

Also,some blog on football-italia:

Blog: Prince Charming

Milan were rumoured to be losing out on one of their players of the season, as confusion set in as to Kevin Prince Boateng’s future. Rob Paton reports

Kevin Prince Boateng’s debut season in Serie A has seen his stock rise, but as the campaign ends, doubts have crept in about where his future lays.

His impact this season has surpassed expectations, and Massimiliano Allegri’s tactical adjustments – and their success – owe a lot to the German-born midfielder. Starting the term predominantly with cameos from the bench, the work-rate and energy in his performances has seen him earn an increased involvement in first-team activity.

The former Tottenham man’s versatility, combined with a willingness to run down defenders, track back into defence, and offer consistent support as an over-lapping runner in attack, has seen him used in a number of roles on the pitch. These have varied from central midfield with more defensive responsibilities, to wing-based support in attack, to deployment as a central trequartista, either alongside a teammate between midfield and attack, or with the core attacking role just to himself.

Although only registering three goals and two assists from 22 League appearances so far, his effect on the team’s style of play is significant, and the team average a goal every 50 minutes with Boateng on the pitch.

Such has been his influence, interest has risen of his future. The confusion that surrounded his initial transfer last August has threatened to resurface amid contrasting reports of what will happen this summer.

Newspapers in Genoa believe there is an agreement that guarantees his return to Marassi this summer, but both Enrico Preziosi and Adriano Galliani have denied this, Galliani saying: “There is a gentleman’s agreement and we expect it to be upheld, and for the player to remain with Milan.”

The renewed uncertainty however, perhaps comes with side issues to consider. Speaking of the club’s intentions to balance the books in light of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations, Galliani’s primary focus is clear: “We must of course reduce the overheads, because the 1 January 2012 falls, with regards to the European trophies, on the first three years of Financial Fair Play. In view of this, for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014, we can lose a maximum of €45m.”

Significant then are Milan’s posted losses this week for 2010 of €69.8m – an increase of €60m from the 12 months prior. So too are delays over Andrea Pirlo and Alessandro Nesta signing reduced deals, Ronaldinho’s departure to save on an €8m salary, and Mark Van Bommel’s cut-price contract – all signs the club are taking measures to save on running costs. Given the club have committed €24m to secure Zlatan Ibrahimovic in 2011, concern has naturally turned to Boateng’s future.

The two clubs are set for a busy summer of negotiations as it is – Boateng’s name alongside the likes of Alberto Paloschi, Marco Amelia and Giacomo Beretta on a long list of players on loan or co-ownership agreements between the parties. The clubs remain on good terms, with even Marco Borriello and Miguel Veloso rumoured in recent weeks to be involved in future cross-table talks between Galliani and Preziosi.

However, Boateng remains the primary discussion, and fans can take heart that despite a challenging summer in store for Galliani that raises doubts over a few other rumoured directions in the market, that the cost of a Prince is not distracting him from securing one of Milan’s most consistent players.
dst
Oh Paolo, the circus is in town... rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 22 2011, 06:58 PM) *
Oh Paolo, the circus is in town... rolleyes.gif

huh.gif
acid911
Paolo = God. wink.gif At least to dst and a few other followers of the religion of Maldini.
Fillipo Simone
rolleyes.gif I never get why players make such commitments..."if we win this..." It's so annoying!
William405
Really?I find it funny ;p
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.