Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New manager, a few new players?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
In a nutshell what are your expectations this season - challenge for a CL spot, win the league, win the CL, perform credibly in the CL?

What do you expect of your Milan this season in light of some of the changes made?
Dracoris
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 8 2010, 03:10 PM) *
In a nutshell what are your expectations this season - challenge for a CL spot, win the league, win the CL, perform credibly in the CL?

What do you expect of your Milan this season in light of some of the changes made?

I'll wait til the transfer season is up before I make my final guess, but if the season started tomorrow:

4th in the League
2nd in CL group, out in the first knockout round.
d'Arc.LP
2nd in Serie A
1st in the CL groups, out in second knockout round.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Aug 8 2010, 09:11 PM) *
I'll wait til the transfer season is up before I make my final guess, but if the season started tomorrow:

4th in the League
2nd in CL group, out in the first knockout round.

This.

Though 3rd/4th in the league and 1st/2nd in CL group will be a close call.
han2503
3rd in the league.
CL hinges on how we do in the group. If we get a tough group and get in 2nd place again, expect another last 16 KO, if we get an easy group and some lucky draws, we might be able to wing a quarter final appearance
CHU-LIP
Our goal should be winning the Scudetto, but that is not my expectation [unfortunality]. CL we won't win. CL spot we will get next season, else we should be IMMENSE ashamed. Top 3 in Serie A, I expect.
Jack Sparrow
Pretty much. For me a good season, would be a top 3 finish and a quarter final.
CHU-LIP
A good season for me is winning the Scudetto (and/or CL), everything else will feel like awful to me.
MizNelson
Unfortunately, I can't picture us winning the CL with this unit anytime soon.
Rossoneri7
Champions League is in a distant memory now. I doubt we will be able to rampage it as we did before. The league is a different story, if we have a healthy team throughout the season; we have a good chance at winning it.

So .. Assuming this is the team; 1st/2nd in Serie A and we wont pass the Champions League group stages, unless its an easy group, then we are knocked out of the early stages when we meet a more equipped team.
X-Offender
4th spot in Serie A and first knock-out round in CL.
Zed.D
It all depends on injuries... let's just hope they don't strike us like they did last season and we have a good chance of finishing in the CL zone!
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 11 2010, 10:11 AM) *
It all depends on injuries... let's just hope they don't strike us like they did last season and we have a good chance of finishing in the CL zone!

With the age of most of our first team players being what it is, it would be a big surprise if the majority of our squad remains healthy throughout the season
il_diavolo_mtl
transition year with a good coach, i say we finish 5th and either finish 2-3rd in CL group
il_diavolo_mtl
Napoli , palermo, Genoa, inter, juventus, fiorentina, Roma can all finish ahead of us, as a Serie A fan i can't wait to see the season play through. also i'll be rooting for my isolani and my grifoni smile.gif have more talent then us at this point in their first team squads
Jack Sparrow
^^^

Booo! dry.gif
Bluesummers
The only thing I expect to happen this season is that Galliani will violate Allegri over and over again.
Danny
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 13 2010, 07:54 AM) *
The only thing I expect to happen this season is that Galliani will violate Allegri over and over again.

king.gif

Ah the beauty of the language gap.
kurtsimonw
biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
huh.gif explanation please....
Danny
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 13 2010, 08:08 PM) *
huh.gif explanation please....

To violate, in English, is a sexual term which means to ravage someone physically whether they want it or not. Sort of. Makes sense to us.
MizNelson
I thought of the exact same thing when I read that post. smile.gif
Rossoneri7
biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 19 2010, 07:45 AM) *
To violate, in England, is a sexual term which means to ravage someone physically whether they want it or not. Sort of. Makes sense to us.

yeah thats what i meant. Allegri is hot and galliani is horny; its only naturall.....
MizNelson
Here's a badly-written piece written by a betting site, of all things. I love reading articles like this in which little research seems to have come into play. (Some particular annoyances bolded by yours truly.)

Part 1: Predicting the Starting 11 for AC Milan

If there is one club that comes even close to the reputation of being called the “best club in the history of the game,” it is definitely AC Milan.

Milan was founded in 1899 by Herbert Kilpin and 5 other English men. Milan is one of those clubs that have spent most of their history in the Italian Serie A while it has only been a part of Serie B for two years which was back in the 1980s. The club has been so successful that it has won 18 titles recognized by UEFA and FIFA. Boca Juniors is the only club other than Ac Milan that has won 18 titles.

Milan has won four world titles, which exceeds the amount of Boca Juniors or any other club in the world and it is a world record itself. On the other hand, they have won 7 UEFA Champions Leagues. Only the Spanish Club Real Madrid exceeds this amount as they have won the same cup 9 times. They have also won the European Super Cup for a record number of 5 times and they have been the winners of the Cup Winners’ Cup twice.
In the domestic League, AC Milan are the third most successful club as their local rivals Inter Milan recently broke through and won 18 titles while AC Milan have won only 17. At number 1 it is Juventus who have won 27 Serie A titles, more than any other Italian team in the world. There is only one competition that Milan has never won even though they have been a part of it and that is the Europa League. Milan’s home ground is the same as Inter Milan as they both share it and the match between the two sides is a thriller. The ground is called San Siro and it is the biggest ground in Italy at the moment. With the Italian Prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, the owner of the club; the club is one of the wealthiest clubs in Italy and the World.

After the “amazing” managerial era of Carlos Ancelloti back in 2001; Milan became a great club and even won the Champions League once. AC Milan had great players back then and players that could do wonders when they were given the ball but after he left, in 2009, the club totally changed. Leonardo took over the post as a manager and totally failed to deliver as the team did not even win a single title during that season. Soon, he left the club and Massimiliano Allegri took his place. Even though Leonardo was the coach who helped his team throughout the Champions League and helped his team grasp a win against the amazing Spanish team Real Madrid, he still didn’t manage to win a single title throughout the season as Inter Milan were crowned champions under Jose Mourinho.

This time around, Allegri has taken over AC Milan and with a few key players already out of the squad and a few coming of age; it is going to be difficult for Allegri to rebuild a good team. Below is the 11 man squad that Allergi might play during his reign as manager with AC Milan:

Marco Amelia:
The goalkeeper who is on loan from Genoa has been handed with the number 1 jersey. He started his career with the Italian team Roma and has spent a lot of time on loan and this time, is going to be a part of AC Milan. AC Milan has always been criticized for their goalkeepers. Dida and Abbiati have always failed to impress throughout their time even though Dida was the goalkeeper for Brazil. This time he is not going to be a part of the squad and Marco Amelia is going to take his place between the two poles. Last year, it was Abbiati and Dida’s mistakes that led to Milan’s failure and Allergi was clever enough to realize this fact therefore he got Amelia on loan to help Milan win a few trophies. Marco Amelia, the current number 1 is the best choice for AC Milan and is definitely going to feature in the starting 11.

(bettor.com)

1. What four world titles have we won, exactly?
2. Carlos Ancelloti. 'Nuff said. (Psst...we won the CL twice with him.)
3. So he says that Leo failed to deliver and later praises him for beating Real. M'kay.
4. I think I'm suffering an Allergi from reading this.
5. Dida and Abi...I won't even go there.
6. He apparently believes we're trying to win "a few trophies" by signing Amelia, while ignoring the fact that Abi is our current #1.
7. Lastly, Milan have indeed always been criticized for our GKs. Lorenzo Buffon, Seba Rossi, Giovanni Galli, Villiam Vecchi...all bums, the lot of 'em.
Zed.D
Carlos Ancelotti...

Shouldn't this be in the Comedy thread?
X-Offender
Considering our signing campaign is now over, these would be my choices for starting line-up and bench.

STARTING LINE UP

Abbiati
Zambrotta - Nesta - T. Silva - Antonini
Boateng - Pirlo - Ambrosini
Pato - Ibrahimovic - Ronaldinho

BENCH

Amelia
Bonera
Sokratis
Abate
Flamini
Seedorf
Borriello

It might be the hype of Ibra's signing, but I can honestly say this is our most promising squad since 2005. It's obviously not better than Inter's, but it's close enough to fight them for the title. Opinions?
Tennie
Looks pretty good to me, X-Off. Only question I'd have at this point would be the goalkeeper. All 3 looked good in preseason (so I'm not sure any one of them has a huge advantage). And the bench you've suggested isn't as scarily weak as it has seemed in past years (or maybe I'm just feeling optimistic).
CHU-LIP
Agreed, X-Offender. That seems to be our best starting eleven, and let's hope it's enough to win the Scudetto. Inter lost Mourinho, so that is the needed help also. We gained a better coach, a better central defense depth, Boateng and Zlatan.

Though I would rather see a winger like Verdi, Odu or maybe Merkel (even though he is not really that) on the bench than let's say Abate (I don't like him as winger, and Bonera is the fullback backup already).
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 28 2010, 11:18 PM) *
Inter lost Mourinho...

And Balotelli, might I add.
Tennie
And gained Rafa Benitez. smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 28 2010, 05:30 PM) *
And gained Rafa Benitez. smile.gif

Ahaha +1 laugh.gif
han2503
Well having a Pato-Ibra-Dinho attacking line will give us a lot of options, and I don't really want to see it being static like it was under Leo. All of the attackers are versatile so they can constantly rotate positions, it will keep opposing defenses guessing and they will be difficuilt to mark, unlike last season, were it was cut out Dinho and Pato and we're done for
TriniKing_CE
I can't help but feel like smiling biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.