Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [CL] Champions League 2010-11
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Tennie
Champions League talk here.
Fishdoll
The first leg of third qualifying round games going on today. Of note to Milan fans -- Dinamo Kiev is currently leading Gent 2-0, with the second goal having been scored by Andriy Shevchenko.

TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 27 2010, 02:49 PM) *
the second goal having been scored by Andriy Shevchenko.

cool.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 27 2010, 06:59 PM) *
cool.gif

I'm glad for him smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 27 2010, 07:49 PM) *
The first leg of third qualifying round games going on today. Of note to Milan fans -- Dinamo Kiev is currently leading Gent 2-0, with the second goal having been scored by Andriy Shevchenko.

Sheva cry.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 27 2010, 07:49 PM) *
the second goal having been scored by Andriy Shevchenko.

Sign him up!

Still, Celtic went out of the CL tonight - brilliant!
MizNelson
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 4 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Celtic went out of the CL tonight - brilliant!

What, already?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 4 2010, 10:45 PM) *
What, already?

Yeah, out in qualifying, lost to Braga 4-2 on aggregate.

Dinamo Zagreb & Fenerbahce also went out tonight, and Ajax - just got through on away goals a large thanks to Suarez - again.
Fishdoll
For those keeping track, Dynamo Kiev also went through. Shevchenko supplied two assists (3 total Dynamo goals scored) today. (per uefa.com)

Oddly (or not), this fish is no longer angry with Shevchenko. It's good to see him doing well.
Locke Lamora
Rosenborg faced Sweden's AIK over two legs, in a Scandinavian derby... and of course, the Norwegians came out on top with a 4-1 aggregate score.
Fishdoll
Here's the draw for the play off round of this year's CL (from uefa.com)

Champions Route
FC Salzburg (AUT) - Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)
Rosenborg BK (NOR) - FC København (DEN)
FC Basel 1893 (SUI) - FC Sheriff (MDA)
AC Sparta Praha (CZE) - MŠK Žilina (SVK)
FK Partizan (SRB) - RSC Anderlecht (BEL)

League Route
BSC Young Boys (SUI) - Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)
SC Braga (POR) - Sevilla FC (ESP)
SV Werder Bremen (GER) - UC Sampdoria (ITA)
FC Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS) - AJ Auxerre (FRA)
FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) - AFC Ajax (NED)

Samp could've gotten an easier draw than Bremen.
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 4 2010, 10:41 PM) *
Sign him up!

Still, Celtic went out of the CL tonight - brilliant!

A fellow Rangers fan, or do you just plain hate Celtic?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 6 2010, 06:30 PM) *
A fellow Rangers fan, or do you just plain hate Celtic?

laugh.gif I just find it funny due to the fact at the time they complained about getting Arsenal and showed no respect to other teams last season qualifying presuming they'd beat them, now they go out from a fairly minnow team!
Locke Lamora
So, the first legs of today's CL qualification ties are underway, and happily so. At half time, these two scores stand out:

Rosenborg 1-0 FC København
Young Boys (!!!) 3-1 Tottenham.

Oh Spurs, Spurs... you are a unique little something aren't you?
kurtsimonw
Young Boys needed to win by 3 in my opinion, so to only win by 1 and give up 2 away goals is a terrible score. Spurs will go through comfortable, unfortunately.
Danny
I think my dream CL group would see Milan and Rangers paired together in the same group for the first time since the competition began in '92, and both going through to the next stage.

I would, however, be a Rangers fan during the matches between the two so I'd keep a very low profile on here during those matches biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 9 2010, 10:19 PM) *
laugh.gif I just find it funny due to the fact at the time they complained about getting Arsenal and showed no respect to other teams last season qualifying presuming they'd beat them, now they go out from a fairly minnow team!

They're an extremely undignified lot. Always have been. I just Utrecht can turn their Europa league tie around in the second leg.
Tennie
Pazzo is having a good day today.

HT Samp 2-0 Bremen, both goals by Pazzini. smile.gif

EDIT: Cassano decided to play too. Outrageous backheel goal to make it 3-0. Aiee. But Rosenberg scores in added time so we go to extra time, I believe.
Dracoris
Poor Samp
Jack Bauer
That's disappointing- I wanted Sampdoria to go through. Braga beating Sevilla 3:4 away is pretty surprising. So there will be 3 Spanish and 3 Italian clubs in the group stage.
Tennie
Bah.

Bit of a surprise Sevilla getting knocked out by Braga though.
X-Offender
Boy I feel sorry for Sampdoria, they were so close. Werder played superbly from second half and up though, so I guess they deserved to pass overall.
amancik
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 25 2010, 05:30 AM) *
That's disappointing- I wanted Sampdoria to go through. Braga beating Sevilla 3:4 away is pretty surprising. So there will be 3 Spanish and 3 Italian clubs in the group stage.

If Spurs can't make it through, we'll have 4 biggest footballing nations with only 3 representatives for this year's Champions League. Spain, Italy, England and Germany.
LaPalma
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 25 2010, 12:27 AM) *
Boy I feel sorry for Sampdoria, they were so close. Werder played superbly from second half and up though, so I guess they deserved to pass overall.

I think Werder played horrible football for the entire first AND second half. Rosenberg just got lucky. But in extra time Samp had no power left.

QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 25 2010, 05:31 AM) *
If Spurs can't make it through, we'll have 4 biggest footballing nations with only 3 representatives for this year's Champions League. Spain, Italy, England and Germany.

Well, Germany can't have more than 3 clubs in the CL, so three is as much as it gets.
amancik
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 25 2010, 04:33 PM) *
Well, Germany can't have more than 3 clubs in the CL, so three is as much as it gets.

I know, I'm just saying.
d'Arc.LP
CHL draw, watch online here : link
Tennie
Or free on uefa.com too. smile.gif

EDIT: Now that's nto fair. Two years in a row?
elcordobez
MADRID AGAIN WTF!!!
daj0
HMPF... again.. well, we will have to beat them again then!!
Jack Bauer
mad.gif
Tennie
I might actually cheer for inert to beat Bremen. To avenge Samp.
Jack Bauer
Hope to avoid Schalke from pot3.
Tennie
so how much did United pay for that draw? oy.

EDIT: And Barca.
elcordobez
Barca getting a lightweight group again.
Jack Bauer
Ajax!!
elcordobez
Group G

Madrid
Milan
Ajax
Auxerre
daj0
Milan
Real
Ajax
Auxerre

Very tough group...
Jack Bauer
Auxerre is the fourth team.

A very tough group.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (elcordobez @ Aug 26 2010, 07:46 PM) *
Group G

Madrid
Milan
Ajax
Auxerre

We finish top of this group devilsmiley.gif
Dracoris
How typical. Man U and Barca get free passes again while we have to fight to the death with teams who could all potentially be group leaders, minus Auxierre(sp?)
X-Offender
I'd say we got the toughest group of all... and we'll win it!!! devilsmiley.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 26 2010, 05:04 PM) *
I'd say we got the toughest group of all... and we'll win it!!! devilsmiley.gif

Hell yeah devilsmiley.gif
I_Rossoneri
Definite group of death yet again, but I didn't expect anything less really. And surprise surprise barca get yet another 'easy' group rolleyes.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Why are people moaning about United's draw, Valencia won't be pushovers even though they've lost their stars, Rangers won't be that easy, at least away. The Turkish champions, away - Turkey, you're saying that's going to be easy?! Chelsea and Arsenal by far got the better draws out of the English teams, yet again, as usual.

We without doubt have the group of death. Then I'd probably say Inter's after that. Everyone in Group B must be laughing that is some low-quality CL group.
Jack Bauer
This draw should encourage Milan even more to get the Ibra deal done.
ForzaMaldini
Fantastic draw biggrin.gif

I live near Amsterdam so soon as i know the shedule i will book a Ajax - Milan biggrin.gif
X-Offender
Do we know anything about the schedule yet? I'd prefer us play the first match at home.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 26 2010, 06:37 PM) *
Do we know anything about the schedule yet? I'd prefer us play the first match at home.

And to play Real in 3d and 4th game smile.gif
Warchant
with ibra...we have a good chance

without...i don't like our chances
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Warchant @ Aug 26 2010, 12:49 PM) *
with ibra...we have a good chance

without...i don't like our chances

+1

we have the group of death.

All teams are scary sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.