Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [RW] Other Leagues
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Tennie
Rest of the world stuff here!
kurtsimonw
The Henry-Angel partnership made it's MLS debut last night in a 2-2 draw.

Angel scored twice, both Henry assists. Know your place Thierry.
Linkman
Internacional just lost 2-1 to Sao Paulo and made it to the Libertadores final on away goals.

Oh and Santos won the Brazilian Cup, with their stellar team, including up and coming superstars Neymar, Ganso, André, and Robinho.
Fishdoll
I am an amused fish.

Watching the LA Galaxy-Real Madrid friendly. It's halftime and the score is LA 2 - 0 Real.

Comic defending at a goalmouth scramble for the first goal. For the second, Drenthe decided to do a Nigel De Jong impression inside the penalty box right before halftime. Donovan converted the penalty.

(The commentators - same idiots who did the pbp for the Milan game yesterday - have been fawning like you wouldn't believe over Real. They were insistent that 'it's just a friendly' and 'Drenthe didn't mean it', etc etc. Drenthe got a yellow but really...should've been a straight red).

EDIT: So more of the A team has come on for Real in the second half. Higuain equalized (in the 50th and just now)pretty easily. It's now the 61st and this sleepy fish is going to bed.
Dracoris
Beautiful third goal from Madrid. They don't need VDV!
Fillipo Simone
Why don't we open up a french league topic as well? The league get's more and more interesting as time goes by?
Fishdoll
Go for it. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
So that's 9 games played for Celtic/Rangers, 9 wins. They should just play each other every week and have a 2 team mini league between them, it'd be more interesting that way.
Linkman
I just don't get why there's 10 more teams.

I mean none of them have ever won anything.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Linkman @ Sep 21 2010, 05:17 AM) *
I just don't get why there's 10 more teams.

I mean none of them have ever won anything.

Wouldn't go that far. Aberdeen was a pretty good team back then.
kurtsimonw
Hearts are fairly respectable, I recall them finishing 2nd and winning the Scottish FA Cup in recent years. But the domination of the 2 Glasgow sides is just ridiculous, nearly 100 league titles between them, crazy.
kurtsimonw
BBC: River Plate could be Champions AND Relegated

What a totally strange league system to have, relegation decided by average points over the past 6 years? The cynic in me says it's just a fail safe in case a top club has a horrible season.
Linkman
Hmm. The Argentine first division has really gone down the crapper =/.
vahid
PSV Eindhoven 10 - 0Feyenoord Rotterdam

WHAT THE HELL?
X-Offender
QUOTE (vahid @ Oct 24 2010, 04:41 PM) *
PSV Eindhoven 10 - 0Feyenoord Rotterdam

WHAT THE HELL?

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! blink.gif
Fillipo Simone
What ever happened to Feyenoord, who not so long ago was a respectable club?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 24 2010, 05:42 PM) *
What ever happened to Feyenoord, who not so long ago was a respectable club?

They are (sort of) broke. They have been pretty awful some time now.
X-Offender
I knew Feyenoord have been poor for a few years now, but 10 goals is just... too much!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Oct 24 2010, 06:25 PM) *
They are (sort of) broke. They have been pretty awful some time now.

I see. I've looked at the line-up...gee, de Cler is the only player I know, he was once with Ajax. The others...totally unknown to me. What can all happen in just a few years.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 24 2010, 07:23 PM) *
I knew Feyenoord have been poor for a few years now, but 10 goals is just... too much!

Well.. they played w/10 players after the 1-0.. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 24 2010, 07:25 PM) *
I see. I've looked at the line-up...gee, de Cler is the only player I know, he was once with Ajax. The others...totally unknown to me. What can all happen in just a few years.

And De Cler is pretty awful nowadays..
kurtsimonw
Celtic beat Aberdeen 9-0 with 10 men, 2 players got hat-tricks. Aberdeen also had 10 men and this was their record defeat.
kurtsimonw

"Wah, wah, we want to cause controversy" What a lovely bunch, they were at it last year as well.

Oh well, Rule Britannia, Northern Ireland is ours, boo hoo.
Locke Lamora
Suddenly, choosing a team in the SPL became much, much easier:

Jack Sparrow
I don't get it. Honestly. What does Rangers have to do with Afghanistan,Iraq and Ireland?
kurtsimonw
They don't, but Rangers fans don't disrespect those that fought and died for our country, a small section of Celtic fans do. It's called being a retard I think. Those signs wouldn't even be wrote in English if it weren't for those dying at war.
Jack Sparrow
So the Celtic placards were directed against which team?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 9 2010, 01:53 PM) *

Does it matter? It's stupid either way.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 9 2010, 10:53 AM) *

They weren't directed at a team, they were directed to insult those that've died fighting for Great Britain.

Celtic have come out and said they're banning anyone involved.
Jack Sparrow
Hmm....weird!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 9 2010, 11:53 AM) *

You do know it's the week leading up to Remembrance Day, right? The Rangers picture I posted shows a Rangers scarf with an embroidered poppy... not shocking to see this from Celtic though, they've been sucking up to just about every murderous thug there is over the last few years.
Jack Sparrow
I didn't know that bit about Remembrance day. I know about the day...not really when the date is and all. Thanks. It makes sense now.
kurtsimonw
NY have released their all-time top scorer so they can try and get a fancy name instead. Err.. Ok.
kurtsimonw
JPA has gone to LA.

Angel. Beckham. Donovan. Awesome.
kurtsimonw
Samaras beat Rangers 2-0 at the weekend. Though I don't actually care, the club is far from the one I liked the past decade.
Danny
I'd have contributed much more to this thread had I been, pardon the pun, on the ball. I will now reply to some mystified posts to clarify a few things.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 8 2010, 10:09 PM) *

"Wah, wah, we want to cause controversy" What a lovely bunch, they were at it last year as well.

Oh well, Rule Britannia, Northern Ireland is ours, boo hoo.

It's a sect, an extreme sect of their support called the Green Brigade which of course has been granted its own entire section in the ground. So thick though that they couldn't even spell 'bloodstained' correctly.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 9 2010, 06:21 AM) *
I don't get it. Honestly. What does Rangers have to do with Afghanistan,Iraq and Ireland?

Afghani and Iraq, nothing. There's a sort of pro Israeli thing because Celtic have some bizarre affinity with Palestine. I think the Rangers thing goes back to some Israeli players we've had in the past like Bonni Ginzburg and Avi Cohen. So Celtic naturally take up the political opposite and leap on the bandwagon.

As for Ireland, Rangers are traditionally protestant to Celtic's catholic. This originated from the Irish catholics creating Celtic in Glasgow during the time of the potato famine, and the protestants attaching themselves to Rangers to counterbalance. And since then political and sectarian divisions such as the conflict in northern Ireland where Celtic's republican arm wants Northern Ireland to be part of Ireland and not Britain.

So Celtic fans are considered republican and pro IRA, and totally anti British army - which is why their extreme arm slagged off Remembrance as it honours the soldiers from the British army who have lost their lives or been injured.

The whole thing is quite poisonous. I accept Rangers have a problem with bigotry in our support, but Celtic glorify terrorism and are quite vile in their behaviour. A minority of them interrupted a minute's silence to commemorate the deaths of 66 Rangers fans during the Ibrox disaster 40 years ago.

Hope this ramble made some sort of sense.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 4 2011, 02:11 PM) *
Samaras beat Rangers 2-0 at the weekend. Though I don't actually care, the club is far from the one I liked the past decade.

It's actually the same tbh. It's just getting more press now. The ugly side of the Scottish game has been highlighted more in the past 10 years than it used to be.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 5 2011, 02:57 AM) *
Afghani and Iraq, nothing. There's a sort of pro Israeli thing because Celtic have some bizarre affinity with Palestine. I think the Rangers thing goes back to some Israeli players we've had in the past like Bonni Ginzburg and Avi Cohen. So Celtic naturally take up the political opposite and leap on the bandwagon.

Don't they (Celtic) have some Israeli player right now in their team?
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 5 2011, 04:27 AM) *

As for Ireland, Rangers are traditionally protestant to Celtic's catholic. This originated from the Irish catholics creating Celtic in Glasgow during the time of the potato famine, and the protestants attaching themselves to Rangers to counterbalance. And since then political and sectarian divisions such as the conflict in northern Ireland where Celtic's republican arm wants Northern Ireland to be part of Ireland and not Britain.

So Celtic fans are considered republican and pro IRA, and totally anti British army - which is why their extreme arm slagged off Remembrance as it honours the soldiers from the British army who have lost their lives or been injured.

The whole thing is quite poisonous. I accept Rangers have a problem with bigotry in our support, but Celtic glorify terrorism and are quite vile in their behaviour. A minority of them interrupted a minute's silence to commemorate the deaths of 66 Rangers fans during the Ibrox disaster 40 years ago.

Hope this ramble made some sort of sense.

Thanks a million. Now watch me show off at the sports bar!! smoke.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 5 2011, 12:07 AM) *
Don't they (Celtic) have some Israeli player right now in their team?

They've signed so many players in the past season I literally couldn't tell you who plays for them any more. A quick check on Wikipedia confirmed my suspicions about a guy called Kayal though - he's the Israeli you mentioned.

Yes, the bizarre politicial alliances aren't exactly held consistently. It's more a convenience thing - if this Kayal guy played for us he'd get booed.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 5 2011, 05:20 AM) *
Thanks a million. Now watch me show off at the sports bar!! smoke.gif

Better take a printed copy tongue.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 5 2011, 03:35 PM) *
They've signed so many players in the past season I literally couldn't tell you who plays for them any more. A quick check on Wikipedia confirmed my suspicions about a guy called Kayal though - he's the Israeli you mentioned.

Yes, the bizarre politicial alliances aren't exactly held consistently. It's more a convenience thing - if this Kayal guy played for us he'd get booed.

Yeah, that's the guy. He played pretty good in the last game vs your team.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 5 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Yeah, that's the guy. He played pretty good in the last game vs your team.

We were hideous. The Eastbourne Zimmer Pub Select XI could have beaten us that day.
kurtsimonw
It's a circus!
dst
ahaha! I had not seen that... oh the beauty of the Greek football leagues! I should be going to the circ... err... the stadium more often!
kurtsimonw
Guarin vs Maritimo

How much movement on the ball!?
dst
WOW!!!... how is this... I mean... come on man... for ****'s sake... he should ask them to terminate his contract... this is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in football, it does not get more embarrassing!
Fillipo Simone
Don't tell me this was Galinovic?
kurtsimonw
Why were they defending so deep as well? Crazy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.