Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SP] La Liga 2010-11
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Tennie
Viva Espana!
Jack Sparrow
Barcelona Face €552 Million Gross Debt - Vice-President Of Finance Javier Faus

As reported by Sport, Barcelona vice-president of finance Javier Faus has reported that the Catalan club suffered €77.1 million in losses last season, compared to a net profit of €11.1m the season before.

The difference in accounts thus represents a gulf of more than €88m, despite Barca's recent extension of credit from a conglomerate of Spanish banks, including banking heavyweights Banco Santander and La Caixa.

In total, Barcelona's debt is thus estimated at a net amount of €442m, while the gross figure could be in the €552m range.

In addition, Faus explained that the numbers presented by Barcelona's last board of directors "do not reflect the club's real image", but also ruled out the possibility that the previous board had taken deliberate action to deceive in the presentation of their budgetary figures. It remains to be seen if and how Barcelona's financial hurdles will impact the club's transfer market aspirations, particularly with respect to the signing of Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas.

goal.com

This is not funny anymore. Something has to give. They win the national title and walk off with a 77 million loss??!
Fishdoll
I looked.

More than 1/2 of the current operating loss for Barca is due to tv and marketing ocmpanies not paying the club what they're owed, so a lot of the 77MM can be wiped pretty easily.

Not sure where the 442MM debt figure comes from -- some of it is, I believe, capital debt for renovation of Camp Nou. That's a little bit different than just being in debt.

And for what it's worth, the prior regime (Laporta) didn't actually release full financials. So the profit figure from last year isn't necessarily accurate. It's my impression that Laporta and his group weren't very good managers of $$$ and the new regime is at least being honest about it.

(And goal as usual is sensationalizing everying. I really dislike that website).
samira
Sevilla - Barcelona 2-1 Ibra 1-0 first half then Kanoute and Fabiano stepped up!
Lovely, I love to see Barcelona lose 96.gif

3-1 biggrin.gif
Fishdoll
Well, it was more Sevilla 3 - 1 Barca youth squad +3. None of the Barca guys who played in the world cup for Spain were fielded and Messi only came on partway through the second half. Maxwell was fielded as a winger, ffs. smile.gif I wouldn't be too cheerful just yet, Samira. The second leg is at Camp Nou and it'll be a radically different Barcelona squad.
Bluesummers
MOURINHO MOURINHO MOURINHO MOURINHO! F@CK BARCA!@
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 15 2010, 04:51 AM) *
Well, it was more Sevilla 3 - 1 Barca youth squad +3. None of the Barca guys who played in the world cup for Spain were fielded and Messi only came on partway through the second half. Maxwell was fielded as a winger, ffs. smile.gif I wouldn't be too cheerful just yet, Samira. The second leg is at Camp Nou and it'll be a radically different Barcelona squad.

You're totally sounding like a Barca fan (:
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 16 2010, 08:59 AM) *

And you seem happy about that. sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
Notice the smiley is inverted. That means this!
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 16 2010, 11:17 AM) *

Wtf...

And people expect people to know that???? Smiley language is too complicated for me. Once I got accused of something by using a typical smiley. F*** people who put meanings into smileys!
Fishdoll
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 16 2010, 03:59 AM) *

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 16 2010, 05:03 AM) *

So sorry. Didn't know I wasn't permitted to say anything positive about any club other than Milan.
Zed.D
Take it easy Piranha! I didn't mean it in a bad way at all... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 16 2010, 01:47 PM) *

I inverted it because I wanted a smiley, but not this> smile.gif smiley!

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 16 2010, 12:33 PM) *

Um... no. but I'm not unhappy about it either. it was just an observation.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 16 2010, 04:11 PM) *
Wtf...

And people expect people to know that???? Smiley language is too complicated for me. Once I got accused of something by using a typical smiley. F*** people who put meanings into smileys!

Dude...I was only lying. Read the avtar and weep. smoke.gif

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 16 2010, 04:23 PM) *
So sorry. Didn't know I wasn't permitted to say anything positive about any club other than Milan.

No you're not. I sentence you to be burnt on the stake for heresy. Ooh...I wanted to do this for so long. devil.gif Grilled Sushi Rice for the win!!! yahoo.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 16 2010, 10:53 AM) *

You should be sorry. Thank you for that. I cannot stand Barça, nor Spanish NT. Puyol, Iniesta, ... urgh..... hopefully Mourinho deals with these scum.
Fishdoll
I'd rather never watch football again than ever support anything connected with that miserable creature.
samira
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 15 2010, 01:21 AM) *

that's the sad part sad.gif
I know in Saturday tongue.gif
Fishdoll
Second leg of the Spanish Supercup was yesterday. Barcelona started most of their regular 11.

FT Barca 4-0 Sevilla (Messi hat trick, Konko own goal).

Fishdoll
Poor heartbroken Pique managed to stifle his sorrow enough to play today. FT Racing 0-3 Barca (Messi, Villa, Iniesta).
Jack Bauer
Madrid couldn't beat Mallorca cool.gif This turned to be a very good evening.
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 29 2010, 08:37 PM) *
Poor heartbroken Pique managed to stifle his sorrow enough to play today. FT Racing 0-3 Barca (Messi, Villa, Iniesta).

So what's with the whole Pique-Ibra deal? I've been reading on forums and people making jibes at them being heart broken. Have I missed something epic happening? huh.gif
Fishdoll
You missed this, han. Came out last spring:

acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2010, 03:25 AM) *
So what's with the whole Pique-Ibra deal? I've been reading on forums and people making jibes at them being heart broken. Have I missed something epic happening?

Behold:

Fishdoll
I like acid's version better. It has captions. smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 30 2010, 03:50 AM) *
I like acid's version better. It has captions.

Yeah, that's why I posted it. tongue.gif At first when I saw your image, I thought what the hell, it says everything. But the captions on this one was too good to pass. Having said that, I still can't believe Han missed the episode as it happened. I mean, I of all people, caught the story the same day the picture came out.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 30 2010, 12:44 AM) *
Behold:

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 29 2010, 11:40 PM) *
You missed this, han. Came out last spring:

laugh.gif

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 29 2010, 11:44 PM) *
Behold:

I have seen the pic before but totally forgot about it since in my mind which doesn't really like going to those types of conclusions, they're obviously about to engage in a 'man hug'. Only people/fish like acid and Peixinho would come up with that conclusion because of their dirty minds
Fishdoll
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2010, 07:32 AM) *
Only people/fish like acid and Peixinho would come up with that conclusion because of their dirty minds

cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif You are a meaniehead!
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 30 2010, 12:44 PM) *
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif You are a meaniehead!

It was the penguins

hemademe.gif
Fishdoll
Hah. See if I share Jack's rum with THEM again!
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2010, 04:02 PM) *
I have seen the pic before but totally forgot about it since in my mind which doesn't really like going to those types of conclusions, they're obviously about to engage in a 'man hug'. Only people/fish like acid and Peixinho would come up with that conclusion because of their dirty minds

To be honest, I can't imagine where during a man hug such a picture can be taken...

You're so naive! tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2010, 04:32 PM) *
Only people/fish like acid and Peixinho would come up with that conclusion because of their dirty minds

You my friends are a hipocrate. Of the highest order, I may add. dry.gif Dirty minds, bah! See Zed.D got it, he's either very smart, or a straight shooter. Probably both. And you are just one clever little bird.

Tennie
(Is the hippo a friend of Pola?)
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 30 2010, 06:01 PM) *
(Is the hippo a friend of Pola?)

You got that one right. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Pola like keeping influential friends at hand in case of penguin trouble!
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 30 2010, 01:51 PM) *
To be honest, I can't imagine where during a man hug such a picture can be taken...

You're so naive! tongue.gif

The part where the 2 people taking part in the man hug grab each other's hand and are about to bumb opposite shoulders rolleyes.gif It's pretty obvious

QUOTE (acid)
You my friends are a hipocrate

Don't you mean my friend, not friends, I am only one person after all wink.gif tongue.gif

@ the fish, me and the penguins are Vodka people/animals, we don't need your rum tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2010, 06:12 PM) *
Don't you mean my friend, not friends, I am only one person after all

laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif You caught me there!
kurtsimonw
Barca 0-2 Hercules.

Madrid 3 points tonight please.
vahid
Barcelona 0 - 2 Hercules

Valdez twice.
acid911
Heaven! sleepysmiley03.gif And agreed, Kurt, nothing less than 3 will do for Madrid.
han2503
Hopefully Madrid slip up again. Highly unlikely though happy.gif
kurtsimonw
Carvalho gives Madrid the win. Should have been about 5-0.
Jack Bauer
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 13 2010, 06:39 PM) *

Fillipo Simone
Gee, how much the Primera and Real gained with Mourinho. The bore-factor jumped for 200%.

I really hate this man and all his game-play brings into football.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 25 2010, 07:20 PM) *
Gee, how much the Primera and Real gained with Mourinho. The bore-factor jumped for 200%.

I really hate this man and all his game-play brings into football.

I wonder how the Real fans take to him. Capello brought them the title, but they didn't like him because of his boring, defensive tactics, Mourinho brings the exact same thing to the table
kurtsimonw
If it were a few years ago, I think Jose would probably be disliked too, but the club just wants to start winning again. Mourinho is also helped by the fact he's a funny, media-friendly guy, Capello and Del Bosque are boring people.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2010, 10:53 PM) *
If it were a few years ago, I think Jose would probably be disliked too, but the club just wants to start winning again. Mourinho is also helped by the fact he's a funny, media-friendly guy, Capello and Del Bosque are boring people.

Being serious about your work does not mean you're boring. Mourinho funny? He only likes to take swipes at people, I mean if you call that funny...
Protagonist
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 26 2010, 12:53 AM) *

Mourinho is anything but funny, the fact that he has won so much in less than a decade is substantial. Nevertheless, he is not a character I would consider to be amusing, others might disagree as he does have a strong fan base.

In terms of class, he doesn't have any. Hence, I cant really acknowledge why his name is being paired with Capello. Sure they share the tactically oriented gameplay; where they respectively produce a team that goes by the book with respect to tactics. But on the most part, they are completely different in their approach.

Fans at Madrid are enthusiastic about Mourinho, but they also shared the same sentiments when Capello started with them. The problem is not in media frenzy or his clown-esque status, the problem is he doesn't bring with him the total football or freeflowing gameplay that you would expect under Arsene Wenger for example. He will definitely bring in results, I expect that from him, yet he wont last long as he will most likely be booed at whenever he plays 'on the defense'. Considering the squad he has, you would expect total fooball, but that is something mourinho wont consider simply because it doesn't guarantee a consistent run for a title.
Bluesummers
Capello and mourinho are completely different coaches.

Capello brings about him order, discpline and dicatorship. He doesn't develop a close relationship with the players or anyone for that matter. He's simply their to do his job and thats what he wants to be judged on.

In some places that works, fair enough. However, in some places like Madrid that isn't enough. If you are only interested in your job then you better bring about results in a fashionable way and capello did anything but that. He had alot of 1-0s and was knocked out of the CL early on.

Furthermore, at the end of the day madrid is madrid. They are arrogant and they want to have the best of everything. While capello is very well noted in Italy and some countries in europe for being a top notch coach, many countries will argue that there are better.

Mourinho is known worldwide as one of the best coaches in the world if not the best. That brings to madrid that arrogancy they desire. Thats why pellegrini was sacked, not because he did a poor job of coaching. Its that he was ridciulued falsely by the media in several occassions and that led to the people losing faith in him.

Mourinho is an expert in dealing with the media. So even if he has bad results, he can always defer the attention somewhere else and his status won't go down.

----

Now in terms of actual ability. Mourinho is by far the best coach on this planet. You can call his style boring or whatever you want but he is the complete package.

1) Discipline
2) Systems
3) Relationship
4) Media
5) Results

Furthermore,

Fabio has a 57% winning record in 573 games; mourinho has a 67% winning record in 463 games..

This alone speaks volumes! 67% is the best in the world. Better than ferguson, wenger, you name it.

CAPELLO:

As a coach

Milan

Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96
Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994
UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94
European Super Cup (1): 1994
Coppa Italia Primavera (1): 1984–85

Roma

Serie A (1): 2000–01
Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001

Juventus

Serie A (1): 2004–05, 2005–06 (both revoked)
Real Madrid
La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

Individual

Serie A Coach of the Year: 2005
BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award: 2009

Mourinho:

Porto (2002–2004)

2003 Portuguese Liga
2003 Portuguese Cup
2003 UEFA Cup
2003 Portuguese Super Cup
2004 Portugese Liga
2004 UEFA Champions League

Chelsea (2004–2007)

2005 FA Premier League
2005 League Cup
2005 FA Community Shield
2006 FA Premier League
2007 League Cup
2007 FA Cup

Internazionale (2008–2010)

2008 Supercoppa Italiana
2009 Serie A
2010 Serie A
2010 Coppa Italia
2010 UEFA Champions League
The Treble (League, Cup and European trophy)
2002–03 with Porto: League, Cup and UEFA Cup
2009–10 with Internazionale: League, Cup and UEFA Champions League

Individual

UEFA Manager of the Year (2): 2002–03, 2003–04
Portuguese Liga Manager of the Year (2): 2002–03, 2003–04
Premier League Manager of the Year (2): 2004–05, 2005–06
Premier League Manager of the Month (3): November 2004, January 2005, March 2007
Serie A Manager of the Year (1): 2009
IFFHS World Manager of the Year (2): 2004, 2005
UEFA Champions League Manager of the Year (2): 2002–03, 2003–04
UEFA Team of the Year Coach of the Year (3): 2003, 2004, 2005
BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award (1): 2005
Onze d'Or Coach of the Year (1): 2005
Premier League Manager of the Month (3): November 2004, January 2005, March 2007
World Soccer Magazine World Manager of the Year (2): 2004, 2005
International Sports Press Association Best Manager in the World (1): 2010 [64]

There really is no comparison. If he wins the La Liga he'll be the first coach to have won it in all 3 big leagues.

though saying all this...I rank capello quite highly as well. He is no doubt in the top 5.
kurtsimonw
I agree that Jose won't last long in Spain, but I don't think he wants to. He'll win the title there and it's job done for him. The only other jobs I can see him taking in the future are the English and Portugese National Teams and United when Fergie calls it quits.
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2010, 10:58 AM) *
Capello and mourinho are completely different coaches.

Capello brings about him order, discpline and dicatorship. He doesn't develop a close relationship with the players or anyone for that matter. He's simply their to do his job and thats what he wants to be judged on.

In some places that works, fair enough. However, in some places like Madrid that isn't enough. If you are only interested in your job then you better bring about results in a fashionable way and capello did anything but that. He had alot of 1-0s and was knocked out of the CL early on.

Furthermore, at the end of the day madrid is madrid. They are arrogant and they want to have the best of everything. While capello is very well noted in Italy and some countries in europe for being a top notch coach, many countries will argue that there are better.

Mourinho is known worldwide as one of the best coaches in the world if not the best. That brings to madrid that arrogancy they desire. Thats why pellegrini was sacked, not because he did a poor job of coaching. Its that he was ridciulued falsely by the media in several occassions and that led to the people losing faith in him.

Mourinho is an expert in dealing with the media. So even if he has bad results, he can always defer the attention somewhere else and his status won't go down.

Now in terms of actual ability. Mourinho is by far the best coach on this planet. You can call his style boring or whatever you want but he is the complete package.

1) Discipline
2) Systems
3) Relationship
4) Media
5) Results

Furthermore,

Fabio has a 57% winning record in 573 games; mourinho has a 67% winning record in 463 games..

This alone speaks volumes! 67% is the best in the world. Better than ferguson, wenger, you name it.

There really is no comparison. If he wins the La Liga he'll be the first coach to have won it in all 3 big leagues.

though saying all this...I rank capello quite highly as well. He is no doubt in the top 5.

biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Blue I noticed that you put a number to Cappello's achievements, while with Mourinho you split them one by one biggrin.gif Was that to make his rep sheet seem longer then Capello's? biggrin.gif

Imo, at the heart of the matter, both are the same type of coach, they'll get you the results you want, but they don't do it in style.

I think the Real fans are going along with the hype machine that is Mourinho for now, if for some reason the results don't come and the team is not playing that free flowing football the Real fans expect from their team, they will start getting on his back, I mean these are the same fans who were starting to turn on Zidane before he adjusted to the league, and booed Ronaldo as he was awarded the Golden Ball... Something tells me Mourinho won't be immune if he doesn't deliver what they expect, which is imo both the CL and the league. And we all know that Mourinho won't have the easy ride he had while with Inter in Spain.

Fact is Capello always delivered a big title wherever he went, whether that is Roma, Juve, Milan or Real
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.