Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan coach wants more from pair
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News
Warchant
AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri is demanding more from Brazilian pair Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato for next season.

Allegri is delighted to have both players in his squad despite reports linking the two Rossoneri stars with a move away from the San Siro this summer.

Ronaldinho was linked to Flamengo while Pato has been a reported target of Chelsea for some time.

"There's no doubt about the technical quality of Ronaldinho," said Allegri. "He is an extraordinary player that has world class quality.

"But in today's football you need more than that.

"We need to construct a balanced group and the strength of a team is for all the players to work for the group in order to obtain a good result.

"Ronaldinho has so much quality that he can make a difference.

"The team needs to play for him but at the same time he needs to play for the team.

"He is a very important player and I expect a lot from him."

The 30-year-old struck 12 goals in 36 Serie A appearances for Milan last season, while Pato was hindered by injury woes but still managed to find the net 12 times in 20 league appearances.

"Pato is 20 years old," said Allegri. "He is an extraordinary talent who has a lot of room for improvement.

"He has an incredible physical and technical quality that not even he knows about.

"But at 20, he needs to mature as a person even if from a football standpoint he is a phenomenon."
Jack Sparrow
Man! You got to get with the program. We already posted that. You don't visit often enough!

sad.gif You don't love me anymore! cry.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 22 2010, 10:05 AM) *

You're just NOW figuring that out?
Jack Sparrow
Shut up! I want to hear it from him! mad.gif

tongue.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 22 2010, 12:05 PM) *
Man! You got to get with the program. We already posted that. You don't visit often enough!

lol, where?
Jack Sparrow
Deficon's thread
Warchant
ah, gotcha, my apologies biggrin.gif
jbryant1
Problem is if you are an opposite team its so obvious with what you do to Milan. The only players that can create anything are Pato, Ronaldinho, and Pirlo. So you shut them down each game. Ronaldinho is the only proven creative force on this team, double man him and the offense will probably do nothing. Pato is a box striker that needs support without that support hes a lone wolf up there with little help. Take out the piece and the whole puzzle falls.

The issue is not to expect more from Pato and Ronaldinho. The issue is that this is a team environment and if you dont have the supporting cast, then Pato and Ronaldinho will do nothing this season.
CHU-LIP
Instead of reinforcing the team which is required just ask two players to do better, lol. What a bs.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 28 2010, 10:01 AM) *
Instead of reinforcing the team which is required just ask two players to do better, lol. What a bs.

Another interview that has Silvio+Galliani written all over it...
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 28 2010, 02:59 PM) *
Anothing interview that has Silvio+Galliani written all over it...

Yep. sad.gif
d'Arc.LP
2 Formations that Allegri has in mind :

source : acmilan-news.com
CHU-LIP
IMO they are the same... except for Rino instead of Flamini.....
d'Arc.LP
And Pirlo's position too. I like second one cos' Pirlo is more advanced. I'd like to see how it would work if Ronaldinho and Pato exchange their positions. rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Zambrotta instead of Antonini? Blasphemy!
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 28 2010, 07:37 PM) *
And Pirlo's position too. I like second one cos' Pirlo is more advanced. I'd like to see how it would work if Ronaldinho and Pato exchange their positions. rolleyes.gif

On paper you see that difference, but in the first one you got Ambrosini and Flamini which gives Pirlo also the oppurtinity to move forward. I don't think on the field you will see much difference. I also hope to see Ronaldinho and Pato moving sides, along with Borriello. Movement up front is nice. Pato one time left, then right, then in the middle, same goes for Borriello, and Ronaldinho either left or right, and maybe behind the attack also.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 28 2010, 09:10 PM) *
Zambrotta instead of Antonini? Blasphemy!

True, Antonini needs to play as left back.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 28 2010, 08:24 PM) *
On paper you see that difference, but in the first one you got Ambrosini and Flamini which gives Pirlo also the oppurtinity to move forward. I don't think on the field you will see much difference. I also hope to see Ronaldinho and Pato moving sides. , along with Borriello. Movement up front is nice. Pato one time left, then right, then in the middle, same goes for Borriello, and Ronaldinho either left or right, and maybe behind the attack also.

Agreed there, this is where a more versatile striker would come in handy, Boriello won't do much on the wings so him switching places with the other 2 doesn't make any sense while Pato and Dinho would keep their marker on their toes unlike last season where both were very static thus easily marked out.

Most importantly I want to see Pirlo moved forward. Ambro and Flamini need to sit in front of the defence and allow Pirlo to play ahead of them. That is what they're for, Pirlo is not there to do the dirty work. It's like getting Picasso to paint your bathroom walls, it's a sin!
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 29 2010, 05:04 AM) *
Agreed there, this is where a more versatile striker would come in handy, Boriello won't do much on the wings so him switching places with the other 2 doesn't make any sense while Pato and Dinho would keep their marker on their toes unlike last season where both were very static thus easily marked out.

Most importantly I want to see Pirlo moved forward. Ambro and Flamini need to sit in front of the defence and allow Pirlo to play ahead of them. That is what they're for, Pirlo is not there to do the dirty work. It's like getting Picasso to paint your bathroom walls, it's a sin!

You stole my lines. dry.gif

The point is not placing Pirlo forward or backward. He's a metronome. The idea is to give Pirlo a free role like he was in Italy-06. So that he can move about, make himself available for a pass etc. This when combined with R80's own genuinely golden playmaking skills and movement, could make us a really formidable opponent. It's a parallel to how strong Barca are with both Xavi and Iniesta.

I'm still not worried about this team. biggrin.gif

We just need Pirlo to be freed and Nesta to be fit. We're scudetto challenger. smoke.gif
d'Arc.LP
Calm down Jack. Recently you've been smoking to much. biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 29 2010, 06:51 AM) *
You stole my lines. dry.gif

The point is not placing Pirlo forward or backward. He's a metronome. The idea is to give Pirlo a free role like he was in Italy-06. So that he can move about, make himself available for a pass etc. This when combined with R80's own genuinely golden playmaking skills and movement, could make us a really formidable opponent. It's a parallel to how strong Barca are with both Xavi and Iniesta.

I'm still not worried about this team. biggrin.gif

We just need Pirlo to be freed and Nesta to be fit. We're scudetto challenger. smoke.gif

I think you're becoming as dilusional as Silvio, you need to stop popping so much of his little blue pills, it's not healthy wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Right. Red pills from now on then!

Bluesummers
I hope allegri has controls, here's how rafa reacts to....

When things don't go his way.... laugh.gif

Jack Sparrow
He's just stating 'facts'. But yeah..he really is funny on the sidelines with his gestures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.