Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amelia
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2
Tennie
A.C. MILAN COMUNICATO UFFICIALE
23/06/2010
A.C. Milan comunica di aver acquisito, in prestito con diritto di riscatto della compartecipazione, dal Genoa MARCO AMELIA e di avere ceduto, a titolo definitivo, a FC Juventus MARCO STORARI.

[Milan has signed Marco Amelia on a loan-with-option deal. And they've also sold Storari to the gobbi.]

Welcome to Marco Amelia!
X-Offender
Welcome!
Jack Sparrow
He was supposed to be the next big thing. I wish someone, would actually fulfill their potential here. Kaka seemed ages ago!
Zed.D
Welcome Amelia!!
d'Arc.LP
Welcome Amelia. Bench is waiting for you tongue.gif
Blackmaster
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 23 2010, 02:49 PM) *

Hahahahaha.. you're right. biggrin.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 23 2010, 06:49 AM) *

Ouch. biggrin.gif
X-Offender
I have a feeling he'll be our starting goalie.
il_diavolo_mtl
he finished really strong in the latter part of the year...
MizNelson
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 23 2010, 02:08 PM) *
I have a feeling he'll be our starting goalie.

I can see it now.

Abbiati will wind up sidelined due to a hangnail, Amelia will take his place and Abi will in turn demand to be loaned to Fenerbahce.
TriniKing_CE
Welcome to Amelia.

Hopefully he will re-discover the form he once had two years or so ago.

I also think he will be our starter, once he puts in an acceptable performance or two in preseason.
Suhail 3
great signing tbh he has potential smile.gif and in the perfect age for a goalie 28 years old

hopefully once he s a starter for milan he can start for the Italian NT
MizNelson
Not really on topic but I'd like to keep the GK discussion going.

Anyway, from the "No sh-t, Di©k Tracy?" department, Abbiati's agent has been quoted today as saying that Abi won't be leaving Milan. Gee, you think, especially with Dida and Storari conveniently out of the way?

(Link from Goal.com, who are trying to look more urbane nowadays by no longer having their headlines in all caps.)
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 24 2010, 07:31 PM) *
Abbiati's agent has been quoted today as saying that Abi won't be leaving Milan. Gee, you think, especially with Dida and Storari conveniently out of the way?

Do you want me to act surprised?
samira
not any news but Amelia is pretty good, he migth be a starter some day.
CrazyMilanFan
welcome and best of luck
MizNelson
QUOTE (Goal.com)
Ronaldinho Will Be Key Next Season - Milan Goalkeeper Marco Amelia

Milan goalkeeper Marco Amelia has told the club to keep Ronaldinho, so assured is he that the Brazilian will transport them to success next season.

The Brazilian has been tipped to leave San Siro, with Los Angeles Galaxy the latest club rumoured to be keen on him.

Amelia though has underscored the importance of keeping him at the club.

"Who will be the key player for the 2010-11 season? Ronaldinho," Amelia told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"It's a shame he is not playing for the national team because he is a great player."

Amelia signed a one-season loan deal with the option to join on a co-ownership next year. And he is confident of surpassing expectations.

"Milan is the chance of a lifetime for me. They said it's down to me to show that I can play for Milan, and there is no better motivation for me," he concluded.

Wow, Amelia's really trying his darnedest to get in good with management. Let's hope he backs up his words, because on his worst day he's a bigger whiner than Abbiati.
samira
I think he will do a good job.
Welcome and may it be a great season for him !
Protagonist
Welcome smile.gif You have, in all honesty, never been the ideal replacement for Nelson Dida. But I have confidence that you will do good as Abiatti's understudy
ForzaMaldini
Zamparini: "Amelia has a temper"

thumbup.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ Jul 1 2010, 02:40 AM) *
Zamparini: "Amelia has a temper"

thumbup.gif

Which is a lot like saying Materazzi has a lot of tattoos.
MizNelson
What number will Amelia be wearing this season?
vahid
^^^
According to Wikipedia #1
X-Offender
The numbers have already been decided if you've followed the recent games. Among the various novelties, Amelia will be wearing #1, Zambrotta has switched to #19 and Abbiati to #32.
Linkman
I hope that means Amelia is our first keeper.
MizNelson
Pfft. NOBODY should wear #1 on Milan for a long time.
Bluesummers
why not, its not like we have any number 1 Hall of famers in the last 10 years that we can say that about tongue.gif

*hides*
MizNelson
You can NEVER hide from me, Blue...I can always sic han's penguins on you. biggrin.gif
han2503
They will kick your @ss blue tongue.gif
MizNelson
So, it looks like The Banana will be subbing for Abi for awhile. Wouldn't it be a riot if Amelia played well enough to keep his place when Abi came back?

Linkman
Nothing Abi hasn't experienced before.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Linkman @ Oct 5 2010, 06:38 PM) *
Nothing Abi hasn't experienced before.

My point exactly.
Linkman
Yes but you like a tad too giddy about it.

I don't think Abbi is any sort of genius goalkeeper, but he's still a Milan player. We shouldn't wish injuries nor bad spells on him.
MizNelson
This is why I hate the Internet.

I didn't mean it in a ha-ha way. I just meant that the irony would be too much, considering that he lost his place to Dida in the past two seasons due to injury, and now he's in danger of doing likewise to Amelia should the latter play well.
Zed.D
I'm glad Amelia will get a chance to prove himself...
William405
Amelia is abi with hair.Seriously they look much alike in a very weird way.
X-Offender
It's not a sure thing yet. Abbiati could make it in time for Chievo or at least Real Madrid. I still want Amelia to be given a chance though.
Linkman
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Oct 6 2010, 01:26 AM) *
This is why I hate the Internet.

I didn't mean it in a ha-ha way. I just meant that the irony would be too much, considering that he lost his place to Dida in the past two seasons due to injury, and now he's in danger of doing likewise to Amelia should the latter play well.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.
Fillipo Simone
Amelia had a good start with Milan against Real. Let's see how long Abbiati will be gone.
acid911
Agreed. Job well done soldier! king.gif I was afraid he may lose it, such a big occasion, first action with the defense and all. But job very well done indeed. I wasn't too impressed when he saved the penalty against us (his Palermo days), and his celebration, but that's bygone.

Good going by the management to snatch him, makes up for the Storari loss.
MizNelson
Let's not put the cart before the horse just yet, guys, as it was just his first game.
acid911
Agreed, Miz, but even you will admit that he did well. smile.gif Point is that it was a good start, to build on. He may go up or down, but first match as Milan keeper that too in the CL, plus in the most intimidating stadium environment, along with a shaky defense and team members who for the most part had their shoulder down. That say a lot.

And speaking of lots, it could have been a lot, lot worse. Maybe a freak goal or stupid mistake. 6/10 at least.
CHU-LIP
I guess it is safe to say we should sign him at the end of this season whether he stays backup or not. With Abbiati and Amelia we have two good goalkeepers, and the latter is obvious younger. (Roma, from what I have seen, is good also, by the way.)

He still has a way to go to earn a starting spot which isn't because of himself, no, because Abbiati is preforming.
Zed.D
And speaking of lots, it could have been a lot, lot worse. Maybe a freak goal or stupid mistake. 6/10 at least.

He was flawless and did make some good saves. I rated him 4.5/5 last night, so I stand by it. 9/10 from me.

That said, Abbiati has been solid so when he's free of injury he should be back between the posts. but I wouldn't mind a rotation sometimes.
Jack Sparrow
Was possibly the only bright spot for me in yesterday's team.
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 20 2010, 01:56 PM) *
but I wouldn't mind a rotation sometimes.

I wouldn't mind a rotation in the CL. smile.gif Let him have the CL starts, while Abbiati should continue on in Serie A. That way both keepers will have the desired rest, as well as stay warm - in case one gets injured and the other has to take up both duties. Both are at the same level, so no harm whatsoever in keeping Amelia for Champions League clashes.
Jack Bauer
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=43197

Amelia is out for a month. We might see Roma in the next few games if Abbiati fails to recover.
X-Offender
Abbiati should be back for Cesena.
il_diavolo_mtl
oh god roma... he was great in france though
CHU-LIP
The little Roma played for Milan (friendlies), he did very well. I've got faith in him (which is based on little).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.