Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup Squads
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Tennie
The preliminary world cup squads were released today. It seems that nobody's entirely happy with the lists from the country they've chosen to follow for the tournament.

So who made the biggest mistake(s) in their call up lists? Why? The poll choices offer suggestions that occurred to me at the moment, I'm sure there are others.

EDIT: Edited to include 'Other' option.
X-Offender
It's a tie between Lippi and Maradona for me. But if Lippi has the 'attitude' excuse for not calling Balotelli and Cassano, Maradona has no justification for leaving out Zanetti and Cambiasso.
Dracoris
Bradley....for not giving Davies the chance!
Linkman
Obviously Dunga. Leaving out Dinho to take Kléberson... Ugh!
kurtsimonw
Has to be Maradona. biggrin.gif
arivanjj
Dunga is an absolute idiot. i hate him so much right now :@
dst
It's Maradona. I mean... Dunga left those guys out... but he has other options. Maradona does not.

As for Lippi... I would not take Cassano or Balotelli either. They can be great but they're stupid. They're a problem.

and I would not say no to more fishdoll cookies.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 12 2010, 06:07 AM) *
Has to be Maradona. biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
+1.

Besides Pele is the greatest...Maradona is the greatest cokehead.
dst
Pele is not even better than Garrincha. Maradona is better than both. And Zidane is better than all of them.
Jack Sparrow
And your underwear has holes. Shut up! I kill you!!
CHU-LIP
Domenech - for excluding Benzema & Vieira

You really should mention Nasri...

(And Quaresma is awful anyway.)

Maradona is dummy #1, followed by Domenech, but Lippi is close 3nd... no Ambro, but Gattuso is just 1 of the many examples...

so tough to choose biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 12 2010, 09:31 AM) *
Pele is not even better than Garrincha. Maradona is better than both. And Zidane is better than all of them.

He speaks the truth.
Jack Sparrow
If you disagree with him..he'll divorce you. Both of you can shove it.
han2503
Shame we can't choose more then 1, I'm personally more p!ssed off at Lippi since I'm an Azzurri supporter, but Dunga, Maradona and Domenech come in at a close second.

Del Bosque has a lot of options for the attack, and even if one of his star strikers are injured (Villa/Torres), he can easily play a 1 striker formation with all the talent he has in midfield
Linkman
QUOTE (dst @ May 12 2010, 04:31 AM) *

Oh dear.
Jack Sparrow
Don't worry Link. They're both on reality-altering medication.
TriniKing_CE
Domenech like a <nut also left out Nasri.

EDIT: Oh and Frey as well wink.gif
Dracoris
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cu...n-rejects-squad

This team could be Cup contenders
d'Arc.LP
Right now Dunga is the most STUPID coaches here.
Calling Nilmar, Luis Fabiano or Grafite before Ronaldinho and Pato is classic stupidness and Brazil will pay for Dungas actions.
They have perfect defense but the attack and midfield sucks.
Locke Lamora
Maradona wins this one too easily, he's basically buliding a team around his favourites, no matter how good they are or how they play together... Gutierrez, Teves, Aguero and Messi are all prime examples. Players like Cambiasso and Zanetti are completely overlooked, and i can't for the life of me figure out why.
dst
QUOTE (Linkman @ May 13 2010, 05:44 AM) *
Oh dear.

Who did I forget? Kaladze?
Suhail 3
QUOTE (dst @ May 12 2010, 09:31 AM) *

not one to usually jump on the wagon but so true slow down
Zed.D
As much as I hate Dunga, I too think Maradona wins this by a distance.

At least Dunga's team was winning games with ease (even though I believe at World Cup it'll be a different story and they're bound to fail a la 2006), but Maradona's is a complete joke (despite boasting so many talented players).
Gaz
Has to be Dunga for me. mad.gif
Danny
Only bitter Milan fans would hate Dunga for leaving out Pato and Ron.

Sorry guys, but he's got a successful team going there without them, and they've never really been part of his squad. If he was losing games and not currently the #1 team in the FIFA rankings then yes, you lot would be quite right to dislike him for leaving these two out.

But his team wins, has the winning formula, and while it might not be the attractive sexy Brazil we're used to, it's one which is much better than the one which failed in 2006. And if that doesn't include Pato or Ron, it's a shame, but he's clearly doing something right.

It does also mean that they'll not be in the shop window for other teams to snoop.

EDIT: Who the heck made up these options? Dominech is a dwunk but Benzema is terrible these days and Vieira is a ghost of what he was. And why is Capello a dork for including Carragher - like him or not he is an excellent stopper and good backup material for that team.

I despair smile.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (Danny @ May 17 2010, 03:49 PM) *
EDIT: Who the heck made up these options? Dominech is a dwunk but Benzema is terrible these days and Vieira is a ghost of what he was. And why is Capello a dork for including Carragher - like him or not he is an excellent stopper and good backup material for that team.

I despair smile.gif

cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif Danny, you are a MEANIEHEAD! No haggis for you!
kurtsimonw
Carragher is terrible. He's never been great and he can't keep up anymore. He's a big reason why Liverpool had a poor season.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ May 17 2010, 09:49 PM) *
Only bitter Milan fans would hate Dunga for leaving out Pato and Ron.

Sorry guys, but he's got a successful team going there without them, and they've never really been part of his squad. If he was losing games and not currently the #1 team in the FIFA rankings then yes, you lot would be quite right to dislike him for leaving these two out.

But his team wins, has the winning formula, and while it might not be the attractive sexy Brazil we're used to, it's one which is much better than the one which failed in 2006. And if that doesn't include Pato or Ron, it's a shame, but he's clearly doing something right.

True. I still think Dunga should have called Pato, though. Having only Nilmar and Grafite as backup strikers is not very reassuring.
Fillipo Simone
Dunga IMO
CHU-LIP
that Cameroon one... he really changed his team to something awful weird

(although this is not about WC SQUADS... oh well)
Zed.D
QUOTE (Danny @ May 17 2010, 11:19 PM) *
But his team wins, has the winning formula, and while it might not be the attractive sexy Brazil we're used to, it's one which is much better than the one which failed in 2006.

Way too soon to say Brazil are going to do better in this World Cup than they did in the last one.
samira
I understand not including Bojan , he's pretty young and played U21 and he will probably play more WC in the future.
Sven Göran is saying he might not let Drogba play at all.
CHU-LIP
Bojan not being picked is deserved. With David Silva, Mata, Pedro, etc. enough better wingers... while Bojan is far from a starter at Barça...

Personally I am most sad with leaving out Pato and Ambrosini... Ambrosini because he is a personal favourite of my, and Pato because he is one of the biggest prospects world wide and could have started his attempt on Ronaldo's WC scorer record (like Higuaín is doing now).
samira
Of coures , Spain is just full of footballplayers that is on their prime.
So Bojan not playing is not suprising.
Pato is the one Im most chocking about, he is a good winger.
Lippi loves juve players or what ? Italy is not going to win WC this year , Im 100% on that.
Fillipo Simone
Lippi never had the taste for Ambrosini; he always left him out. Wether he likes Juve players or not...I don't think it's gone that far.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.