Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to Calciopoli II
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Fishdoll
(from football italia)

FIGC officially re-opens Calciopoli
Wednesday 21 April, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Italian Football Federation has officially re-opened the Calciopoli inquest after new evidence emerged during Luciano Moggi’s trial.

“With regards to the trial in Naples, the FIGC’s disciplinary body will ask from now to view all the evidence provided by both parties,” read a statement on the Federation website.

“Over the next few days the prosecutor Stefano Palazzi will formally send a request to the President of the Naples tribunal, Teresa Casoria, beginning the inquest regarding the new series of wiretapped phone calls.”

The matter was dealt with in 2006 through the sporting justice system, resulting in Juventus losing two titles and earning a demotion to Serie B, while other clubs were docked points.

Former Juve director general Moggi is now at the centre of a civil trial in Naples and has introduced wiretaps featuring other club representatives, above all Inter, as evidence.

Effectively this begins a new sporting justice system inquest into Calciopoli that includes the phone calls not originally submitted as evidence – or even transcribed by police – in 2006.

Juventus could now officially call for Inter to be stripped of the contentious 2005-06 Scudetto, which was taken from the Bianconeri and handed to the third-placed team. It would instead not be assigned at all, like the 2004-05 title.

Moggi’s defence lawyers hope to suggest that he was not at the centre of a ‘mafia’ style organisation putting pressure on referees.

Instead, they maintain he was only one of many club officials who contacted the refereeing designators in this way.

“Either everyone here is guilty or everyone is innocent. I think everyone is innocent,” said Moggi.
Fishdoll
And here's a link to Gazzetta's Calciopoli II page:

link
TriniKing_CE
I wonder what would become of this, and how soon it would take for an outcome to arise. Hmm...
Fishdoll
If anything is going to be done, it'll be before the start of next season (so that any relegations or point deductions can happen).
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Apr 21 2010, 06:18 PM) *
If anything is going to be done, it'll be before the start of next season (so that any relegations or point deductions can happen).

What do you think Milan's chances of being affected again this time are?

Btw, I never quite understood how these wiretaps work... Anyone can shed light on that?
Fishdoll
Of the new wiretaps, there are a few of Meani and Galliani. Most of the 'newly discovered' ones seem to be of Facchetti and Moratti, however. There's a link to the list of new wiretaps and mp3s of each one (though not transcriptions) on the Gazzetta page.

Wikipedia's page has a decent overview of the whole thing that isn't too biased one way or another: link

My personal gut feeling is that the clubs already punished (Milan, Juve, Fiorentina, and Lazio) will probably not be punished again unless there's something really awful. The question is really, I think, whether the FIGC will punish Inter.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Apr 21 2010, 07:11 PM) *
Of the new wiretaps, there are a few of Meani and Galliani. Most of the 'newly discovered' ones seem to be of Facchetti and Moratti, however. There's a link to the list of new wiretaps and mp3s of each one (though not transcriptions) on the Gazzetta page.

Wikipedia's page has a decent overview of the whole thing that isn't too biased one way or another: link

My personal gut feeling is that the clubs already punished (Milan, Juve, Fiorentina, and Lazio) will probably not be punished again unless there's something really awful. The question is really, I think, whether the FIGC will punish Inter.

Ahhh... sad.gif I fear we will be further punished for these new findings and the club will end up in an even worse state than it is already in. cry.gif

From Wiki:

"During the Calciopoli trial in Naples in 2010, the legal team of Luciano Moggi released a number of wiretapping showing that AC Milan and Inter might have been involved too in the Serie A scandal during 2004 and 2005. Such wiretappings were involving AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani, Inter owner Massimo Moratti, then-Inter chairman Giacinto Facchetti and former referee designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto."
Fishdoll
That statement from wiki isn't sourced, trini. It's someone's opinion. I'm not too worried, at least not at this point.

Of the 74 conversations submitted by Moggi at his trial and now requested by the FIGC, 9 involve Milan folks and 42 involve Inter folks. The rest are Cagliari, Roma, Bologna, Palermo, and Reggina.

The one considered (by Gazzetta) to be the most incriminating is a conversation between the referee designator and the Inter president (Facchetti) talking about the setup of the 'grid' of referee designations. I think I've stuck a translation of that one in the Serie A thread. There's also a 'go by Moratti's place, there's a present for you' conversation between the two guys.

I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 21 2010, 11:36 PM) *
What do you think Milan's chances of being affected again this time are?

Btw, I never quite understood how these wiretaps work... Anyone can shed light on that?

From what I've read, we've already been punished for our activities so can't be punished again.
kurtsimonw
Italian football really needs to move on, it's reputation is just getting worse.
TriniKing_CE
Anything ever became of these new investigations?
dst
This is still going on I think.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 23 2011, 08:09 PM) *
This is still going on I think.

I see...

I am really hoping that something negative can come out of this directed towards inter.
X-Offender
I hope nothing comes out of it. I've had enough of Calciopoli.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 26 2011, 02:10 AM) *
I hope nothing comes out of it. I've had enough of Calciopoli.

It will be a big injustice if Inter and Moratti will get out of it without punishment.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 25 2011, 06:15 PM) *
It will be a big injustice if Inter and Moratti will get out of it without punishment.

+1
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 26 2011, 12:15 AM) *

I couldn't care less. Like I said, I've had enough of Calciopoli.
Jack Bauer
You maybe don't, but many other people do care.

The truth will come out eventually and it will show merda's hypocrisy.
X-Offender
OK.
Nova
Even if Inter are to be punished , in a way they always win.

Inter before calciopoli and Inter after calciopoli are 2 totally different teams.

Had there been no calciopoli , Inter would still be struggling as a team and would never and I do mean NEVER had won the champions league.

One might say it was honest winning by Inter since Milan , juve etc ... supposedly cheated .

But we are forgetting one big fact , and that is the same that mister Moggi is trying to prove. And that is that Inter directors were behind the whole "frame juve and milan" plan all along , and it even turned out that they too had involvement in talking with referee's .

So in my oppinion the only winner was Inter , they totally crippled serie A and become the number one team in italy and even europe. Had Calciopoli had been fair , Inter would be in the same mess that Juve was and would now be competing with Catania for survival in serie A .

The truth will come out eventually , but the damage is allready done , yet I hold slightest hope that inter will be put to justice and to see them be demoted to serie B and fail to promote in the next 4/5 years ... That's my wish ;-)

I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 23 2011, 11:33 AM) *
Even if Inter are to be punished , in a way they always win.

Inter before calciopoli and Inter after calciopoli are 2 totally different teams.

Had there been no calciopoli , Inter would still be struggling as a team and would never and I do mean NEVER had won the champions league.

One might say it was honest winning by Inter since Milan , juve etc ... supposedly cheated .

But we are forgetting one big fact , and that is the same that mister Moggi is trying to prove. And that is that Inter directors were behind the whole "frame juve and milan" plan all along , and it even turned out that they too had involvement in talking with referee's .

So in my oppinion the only winner was Inter , they totally crippled serie A and become the number one team in italy and even europe. Had Calciopoli had been fair , Inter would be in the same mess that Juve was and would now be competing with Catania for survival in serie A .

The truth will come out eventually , but the damage is allready done , yet I hold slightest hope that inter will be put to justice and to see them be demoted to serie B and fail to promote in the next 4/5 years ... That's my wish ;-)

This cool.gif

I might also add that their victory in calciopoli has been a rather hollow win as the Serie A is probably the weakest I have ever seen it. Any team that is happy to be 'given' a Scudetto really shows its ambitions smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
Exactly. Inter transformed in just 10 years into something the clubs leadership never would be able to do without cheating and without deception. Remember Milan and Berlusconis take-over. It was an investment, a dream, a vision and a real strategy, a strategy of success.

Can we really say the same for Moratti? Decades without major trophies, without any market-success, and then everything turned.
TriniKing_CE
Tuesday 31 May, 2011

Moggi faces six-year sentence

Luciano Moggi could face a prison sentence of almost six years, announced prosecutors in the Calciopoli 2 trial.

The civil trial has been going on in Naples for several months and brought to light new evidence compared to the 2006 sporting investigation.

Former Juventus director general Moggi remains at the centre of the allegations of wrong-doing and public prosecutors have concluded their part in the trial by demanding five years and eight months.

Former refereeing designators Pierluigi Pairetto (four years and six months) and Paolo Bergamo (five years) were also the most heavily penalised by prosecutors Stefano Capuano and Giuseppe Narducci.

Ex-FIGC Vice-President Innocenzo Mazzini (four years), former referee Massimo De Santis (three years), Fiorentina owners Andrea Della Valle (one year and 10 months) and Diego Della Valle (two years), ex-Messina director of sport Mariano Fabiani (three years and eight months), Reggina President Lillo Foti (two years), Lazio President Claudio Lotito (one year and 10 months) and ex-Milan director Leonardo Meani (one year and six months) were also involved.

Some former referees have been caught up in the trial and the prosecutors are demanding these sentences:

Paolo Bertini (two years and four months), Salvatore Racalbuto (two years and two months), Antonio Dattilo (one year and eight months) and Pasquale Rodomonti (one year). Journalist Ignazio Scardina also faces a potential sentence of one year and two months.

It should be noted that the Italian law can convict people with long sentences and yet never see them inside prison, while there are also numerous levels of appeal to go through.

From Tuesday June 7, the defence will take to the court to make its conclusions and recommendations.

The trial is expected to end by July 19, but the entire scenario could be wiped and start from scratch if the legal challenge against judge Teresa Casoria is upheld.

Link: http://www.football-italia.net/may31y.html
Zed.D
I thought he was gonna make a come back rolleyes.gif
Dracoris
Massive arrests made in Serie B today, check it out.
X-Offender
Yeah, but it's got nothing to do with Calciopoli.
Dracoris
I'm aware of that. I don't have the ability to make my own news posts and this falls under the same category.

Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 31 2011, 11:25 PM) *
I thought he was gonna make a come back rolleyes.gif

Yeah .. He kind of lost credibility and all he has is his column on a sports paper.

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 1 2011, 06:40 PM) *
Massive arrests made in Serie B today, check it out.

Where can I check it out ?
Dracoris
Here's a little news snippet from today.

http://www.soccernews.com/corruption-inves...in-italy/75106/
Jack Bauer
Revealed: Inter will almost certainly be stripped of 2006 Scudetto

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy/20...tripped-of-2006
Rossoneri7
I wanna see Moratti's face devil.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 5 2011, 06:47 PM) *
I wanna see Moratti's face devil.gif

Jack Bauer

That picture is pretty self-explanatory biggrin.gif
Kazdoodle
Woah man ohmy.gif pretty mental summer were having. inter stripped of their 2006 title and the greek scandal and river plate going down
TriniKing_CE
http://www.football-italia.net/jul5t.html
Fillipo Simone
So, for 2006 there won't be any champion at all, right?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 6 2011, 12:06 AM) *

Yes, it will be blank like the 2005 one.
acid911
Well, at least inter won't have 5 titles in a row to show! sleepysmiley03.gif Plus, they go one behind as well, so now we can make the move for the 20 Scudettos and a second star on our shirt. Blessed days are here!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 5 2011, 05:06 PM) *

Well I read one or two different articles and although some seem to suggest that that the title will be revoked.

It also being mentioned that the matter is now beyond the statute of limitations (supposedly 4/5 years in Italy) and as such no action may be taken.

It has also been said that 'the confirmation of this is likely to occur on July 18 when the FIGC convene for a final meeting on the case.'

And so we wait...
X-Offender
Don't be so sure about it yet. There's plenty of uncertainty regarding the issue, and nothing might be decided on 18 July.
TriniKing_CE
Blog: Calciopoli moral maze

http://football-italia.net/blogs/sc190.html
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 7 2011, 02:17 AM) *

Good article. We all knew that merda was deep in it, was hugely favored and won't be punished as they should. At least now all the dirt is coming out. History will look accordingly on their titles after the scandal.
Jack Bauer
FIGC won’t revoke Inter title

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
dst
let them keep it, at least we all know they were in it now. they are the worst of all claiming they were innocent...

and still...

18 Scudetti, all of them won on the pitch!!! smile.gif
Jack Bauer
Moggi guilty in Calciopoli civil trial

The Naples Tribunal has ruled Luciano Moggi is guilty of sporting fraud and condemned to five years and four months.

This evening the Calciopoli civil trial came to a head with Judge Teresa Casoria giving her verdict.

Moggi had argued he was “not just one devil in a sea of angels,” but rather that other clubs, including Inter, behaved the same way as the former Juventus director general in trying to ‘protect’ themselves with referees.

Although Moggi is condemned with a prison sentence of five years and four months, he will not actually spend any time in a cell due to the Italian laws.

This is also only the first degree of the justice system, so there are many more levels of appeal.

The trial did not only involve Moggi, but also Fiorentina owners Diego and Andrea Della Valle and Lazio President Claudio Lotito, who were all found guilty and condemned to one year and three months.

Former refereeing designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto, plus ex-referee Massimo De Santis were found guilty, while Lecce, Bologna, Brescia, Atalanta and the consumers’ society have the right to damages.

Juventus had their request for damages rejected by the Tribunal.

The reasons behind this ruling will be released in 90 days. Moggi’s lawyers have already announced they will appeal.

http://www.football-italia.net/node/12687
CrazyMilanFan
that backfired quite badly for moggi huh.gif
X-Offender
How many times has Moggi been ruled guilty so far? rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.