Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paolo Maldini - Quality & Integrity
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
dst
I was wondering about your thoughts on these two issues.

Maldini bless you!
Jack Sparrow
This is without doubt the stupidest most one-sided poll you've come up with. You just want to feel smug about all the tributes that will pour into Paolo. tongue.gif

Both questions are no-brainers....
Tennie
Fishdoll wishes there could be an option for 'what should happen to the ultras who booed Maldini'.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 9 2009, 06:18 PM) *
This is without doubt the stupidest most one-sided poll you've come up with. You just want to feel smug about all the tributes that will pour into Paolo. tongue.gif

Both questions are no-brainers....

I honestly feel that some fans will have something to say about these two questions. I especially care about the answers to the second one.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 9 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Fishdoll wishes there could be an option for 'what should happen to the ultras who booed Maldini'.

Oh there is! tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
Yes. No. Bazookas.
MizNelson
Interesting that "he" and "his" were capitalized in the second part of the poll.
Habitant
?? unsure.gif sumone sabotaged the poll?!? tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Danny
For me Paolo may just be the most perfect footballer of all time. Gracious, dignified, a model pro - and arguably the best defender the game has ever seen.

However, he u-turned on retirement not once but twice before he finally hung up his boots, and his final 2 or 3 seasons were below what we previously saw from him - quite a few mistakes crept in, and the legs had gone, as well as injuries punctuating him.

I have a lot of respect for him, but I do feel he was morally wrong to remain in the side while guys like Silva and other youngsters had to wait their turn. tbh, his 2 u-turns angered me a little - he didn't need to stay on.

That said, I hate all Ultras - I think they're hooligans who use football as a vehicle to peddle hate and violence. And I equally hate booing anyone in your own team, whoever you are and whoever you support.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 15 2009, 12:49 PM) *
For me Paolo may just be the most perfect footballer of all time. Gracious, dignified, a model pro - and arguably the best defender the game has ever seen.

However, he u-turned on retirement not once but twice before he finally hung up his boots, and his final 2 or 3 seasons were below what we previously saw from him - quite a few mistakes crept in, and the legs had gone, as well as injuries punctuating him.

I have a lot of respect for him, but I do feel he was morally wrong to remain in the side while guys like Silva and other youngsters had to wait their turn. tbh, his 2 u-turns angered me a little - he didn't need to stay on.

That said, I hate all Ultras - I think they're hooligans who use football as a vehicle to peddle hate and violence. And I equally hate booing anyone in your own team, whoever you are and whoever you support.

silva wasn't elligible to play last season and i honestly doubt carlo would have started a youngster over kaladzhe, favalli
Danny
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Dec 22 2009, 08:44 AM) *
silva wasn't elligible to play last season and i honestly doubt carlo would have started a youngster over kaladzhe, favalli

Details...my point remains valid.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 23 2009, 04:44 PM) *
Details...my point remains valid.

Which ones? Because I do agree with you that his last 2 seasons were not neccassary and that he should have left on a high after the CL win, but the other were you said that the youngsters should have been given the chance while he still stayed on for those 2 seasons to me is irrelevant, Carlo would have never given any youngster the chance, like il_diavolo said he would have started Favalli or Kaladze in his place. And I would rather have a limping Paolo over either of them
Rivaldo
Yes. No. With sliding tackles devilsmiley.gif
samira
Maldini was one of the greatast and Ramos said "Im lucky if I'll be half as great as Maldini was on the field"
pacang
QUOTE (samira @ Jan 29 2010, 02:02 AM) *
Maldini was one of the greatast and Ramos said "Im lucky if I'll be half as great as Maldini was on the field"

where did you get this? smile.gif if he wants to be half as great as Il Capitano is, the first step he should take is play for Milan..
samira
click here, Its Swedish and I don't know if it still there, and Ramos has played for Real his whole carraer and then theres the contract so if he leaves, it would be hard and Real is very good so changing to Milan when we just got Leo, would be tough. But it ture , why not go to Milan?
Fishdoll
Um. Didn't Sergio Ramos start out with Sevilla?
TriniKing_CE
Yup.
samira
Sorry I was wrong, my bad.
whoarethepatriots
About the youth point on the first page

We all know that Ancelotti was averse to youth, but not playing young players is unfortunately a very real and serious problem in Italy. Lots of the big teams with promising players do not play youngsters for right reasons as well as wrong ones.

Besides its possible that the Primavera wasnt that great anyway. We probably didnt have many outstanding players.
Fillipo Simone
The result of the second question surprises me...
ForzaMaldini
I'll do 'em with a hammer! biggrin.gif Much more painfull then a Bazooka
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 19 2010, 06:16 PM) *
The result of the second question surprises me...
Your reply surprises me.

There were no better options really. Though I think that the question missed a third answer possibility, one in the middle.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 21 2010, 02:25 PM) *
Your reply surprises me.

There were no better options really. Though I think that the question missed a third answer possibility, one in the middle.

Why unsure.gif

You honestly belive Ancelotti was forced to play him? I did not expect 8 votes for that answer.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 21 2010, 01:35 PM) *
Why unsure.gif

You honestly belive Ancelotti was forced to play him? I did not expect 8 votes for that answer.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you meant the opposite. tongue.gif

Then I take back my last reply.
X-Offender
It's true Ancelotti was forced to play him, not because of his status but rather because he didn't have better options. I think Maldini should have retired after Athens. His last two years at Milan were a complete waste.
Jack Sparrow
From a personal viewpoint of Maldini yes. But we really needed him.
Bluesummers
I agree with X, its not that ancelotti was forced to play him; its just we had no one better.

Even when he hit 35+ he was still one of our better defenders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.