Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Potential buyer
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
il_diavolo_mtl
SERIE A NEWS
Albanian tycoon interested in buying AC Milan

Albanian businessman Rezart Taci has said he would be interested in buying a majority stake in AC Milan if owner Silvio Berlusconi decided to sell.

Taci, who was close to buying Bologna in the close season before the deal fell through, has been spotted meeting Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani but played down rumours of an immediate bid.

"It's not like that, at least in the short term. I don't think Berlusconi intends to sell the club. But both Berlusconi and Galliani know that if it is decided to sell a majority stake...my group is ready to buy," he told Sunday's Gazzetta Sportiva.

Milan, frugal in the recent transfer market and in stuttering form, have been consistently linked with Arab investors in the media but Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi has denied he wants to sell the seven-times European champions.

espn.com
Bluesummers
I don't think this guy can afford milan. Were talking about 500 million euros starting plus whatever needed to invest in the club in order to even make a profit. He'll probably be able to buy some shares of the club but there is no way he is wealthy enough to buy the club outright.
Jack Sparrow
How did this guy make his money? Oil?

TBH..I'd rather have Arabs take over. Contrary to what we might think, Arabs have a superb understanding of football, and it's heritage. There's less chance of them f@cking over the club.

ganney
i'd like an arab owner, they just wanna spend some stupid cash
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 30 2009, 07:20 AM) *
I don't think this guy can afford milan. Were talking about 500 million euros starting plus whatever needed to invest in the club in order to even make a profit. He'll probably be able to buy some shares of the club but there is no way he is wealthy enough to buy the club outright.

He's not going to buy Milan so he's not going to need that much and I don't think anyone that's getting involved with football right now is expecting to make any money at all. They just do it for fun, they are rich kids that want an expensive toy.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2009, 08:24 AM) *
Contrary to what we might think, Arabs have a superb understanding of football, and it's heritage.

This is based on what? You must have someone in mind, it can't be that all Arabs are like that.
Jack Sparrow
I don't mean it to suggest that non-Arabs have lesser understanding if that's what you're driving at. But among billionaires in general, I'd take an Arab's knowledge of football over an American's. Ok? tongue.gif

Having grown up in the Middle-East, where football is pretty much the only game (sure there's athletics and some other sports) that the population enjoy; the kind of knowledge and the associated passion for clubs and history there is pretty good. I'd rather have an Arab Sheikh take over the club than some American tycoon, who sees a global enterprise.

And I think Maktoum has done really well in Man City. They've hired some good people. Kept the local boys who are worthy of talent, appointed a coach who has the potential to drive a big project, kept faith in him AND supported him really well. The rewards are there to see.
dst
I get what you're saying now and that's not what I was driving at.

Where did you grow up?
Jack Sparrow
Kuwait.
Dracoris
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2009, 06:27 AM) *
I'd take an Arab's knowledge of football over an American's. Ok? tongue.gif

Hey!

I'm gonna win the lottery 3 times over and buy Milan just for that!

P.S. I would also like to take this time to say Berlu called us #1 in the world again. Sigh.

http://rossoneri.snirz.com/best-in-the-world/
il_diavolo_mtl
as long as the new owner signs italian players i have no problem with say siuseppe rossi and balotelli in red and black smile.gif the team they both grew up watching as kids smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
Balotelli?

He could be Italy's answer to Rooney. This kid could be BIG! Trouble is, he thinks he already is!
Habitant
dint know balotelli was a milan fan
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Habitant @ Sep 30 2009, 10:10 AM) *
dint know balotelli was a milan fan

he's been caught a few times wearing a milan jersey with friends and such smile.gif
He can the best in the world
LaPalma
I dunno why everyone thinks that we need a sugar daddy. I find this commitment quite disturbing. Other clubs like Arsenal, Real, Barca or Bayern are doing quite well without an owner. For me, as a tradition-conscious European, this "hey daddy give us some candy" attitude is quite humiliating tbh. I dislike the whole idea of a person owning a club.
Jack Sparrow
@LaP: We won't take loans, our 'daddy' won't invest. Which way do we go from here?
TriniKing_CE
Meh... What ever happened to the Italian Chocolate Billionaire - Ferrero??

That would have been sweet! tongue.gif laugh.gif

[As acid used to say Pun always intended] - btw where is acid? huh.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 30 2009, 11:52 AM) *
Meh... What ever happened to the Italian Chocolate Billionaire - Ferrero??

That would have been sweet! tongue.gif laugh.gif

i also heard the ferrari management was interested a while ago...
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 30 2009, 06:47 PM) *
I dunno why everyone thinks that we need a sugar daddy. I find this commitment quite disturbing. Other clubs like Arsenal, Real, Barca or Bayern are doing quite well without an owner. For me, as a tradition-conscious European, this "hey daddy give us some candy" attitude is quite humiliating tbh. I dislike the whole idea of a person owning a club.

I don't think Arsenal (or any other club from England or Italy for that matter) can be compared to the way Spanish clubs are ran. I'd love it if Milan was ran that way.

How do Bayern do it?

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 30 2009, 06:52 PM) *

He has not been seen for ages!

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 30 2009, 07:04 PM) *
i also heard the ferrari management was interested a while ago...

Ferrari?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 30 2009, 12:25 PM) *
Ferrari?

yeah my cousin told me that if ferrari does end up boycotting F1 for the new set of restrictions they slap ferrari with every year (btw i'm no connoisseur, all i know is MONTREAL GOT OUR RACE BACK!!!!). They would then look into milan.
Tennie
But FIAT owns Ferrari?
dst
That matter has been settled but what I was thinking is what Tennie said, they are owned by FIAT...
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 30 2009, 12:34 PM) *
That matter has been settled but what I was thinking is what Tennie said, they are owned by FIAT...

sorry sad.gif , i am to blame, for believing for a second my cousin wasn't fully slow
dst
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 30 2009, 07:48 PM) *
sorry sad.gif , i am to blame, for believing for a second my cousin wasn't fully slow

Too late, you're going to get banned!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 30 2009, 12:58 PM) *
Too late, you're going to get banned!

atleast i posted my source smile.gif
Tennie
In that case, you just have to cover Fishdoll's bar tab. wink.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 30 2009, 01:17 PM) *
In that case, you just have to cover Fishdoll's bar tab. wink.gif

Pfft i hear you drink like a fish smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2009, 09:50 AM) *
@LaP: We won't take loans, our 'daddy' won't invest. Which way do we go from here?

Thank you jack, your comments are always worldclass.
I_Rossoneri
The rumour regarding Mr Taci taking over has been circulating for some time now. The original rumour had him buying a 35% stake in the club(as far as I can remember), thus giving us a tranfer fund. If he is willing to stay for the long haul and has the clubs best interest at heart then I'm all for it.

BTW if you check the Taci oil site you'll see how much interest they have in Milan Taci Oil cool.gif
Tennie
He's also the guy who almost bought Bologna and then backed out.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 30 2009, 05:20 AM) *

I think he has more money than berlusconi wink.gif

If he wants to buy Milan, he'll buy it - he just has to show berlusconi the money cool.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 30 2009, 07:52 PM) *
He's also the guy who almost bought Bologna and then backed out.

Because the chance to buy Milan came about. Similar to Abramovich wanting to buy Spurs but Levy thought he was joking tongue.gif
Bluesummers
I don't know how rich he is, but I know hes a big big big big big big fan of milan. I've seen him and his son in many pictures dressing rosso. They probably have been to alot of our games as well.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2009, 11:27 AM) *
I don't mean it to suggest that non-Arabs have lesser understanding if that's what you're driving at. But among billionaires in general, I'd take an Arab's knowledge of football over an American's. Ok? tongue.gif

Having grown up in the Middle-East, where football is pretty much the only game (sure there's athletics and some other sports) that the population enjoy; the kind of knowledge and the associated passion for clubs and history there is pretty good. I'd rather have an Arab Sheikh take over the club than some American tycoon, who sees a global enterprise.

And I think Maktoum has done really well in Man City. They've hired some good people. Kept the local boys who are worthy of talent, appointed a coach who has the potential to drive a big project, kept faith in him AND supported him really well. The rewards are there to see.

Genralising!

Randy Lerner > Every none-English owner in English football.
Jack Bauer
We should post an advertisement in Saudi Arabia or something smile.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 30 2009, 06:52 PM) *
We should post an advertisement in Saudi Arabia or something smile.gif

LOL!
il_diavolo_mtl
Fininvest: Milan Are Not For Sale
Berlusconi’s holding company has once again quashed rumours of an imminent buyout of the club...

A report in Il Riformista newspaper this morning suggests that Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi is in advanced talks with a Libyan investment group to sell a 40 per cent stake in the Serie A powerhouse.

But Fininvest, the holding company of President Berlusconi which controls the Diavoli, has moved quickly to nip rumours in the bud.

“We once again deny, in the most categorical way, there are any plans to sell, fully or partially, stakes in the club AC Milan,” reads a brief statement “regarding the umpteenth press report” on this topic.

Fininvest denied a similar La Repubblica report earlier this month after it was suggested that Berlusconi had discussed the possibility of selling Milan stakes to a Libyan sovereign fund during a visit to the Africa country’s leader Muammar Gaddafi.

La Repubblica alleged that Berlusconi values his club in the region of €600-800 million.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.