Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A table finish
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
han2503
Where do you think we'll end up at the end of the season?

I'm hoping for 3rd of 4th but we could easily end up in the Europa league places again

Bluesummers
4th. Thanks for putting up the poll.
Zed.D
My heart says 3rd, my head says 4th. I voted 4th.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 2 2009, 02:53 AM) *
Hy heart says 3rd, my head says 4th. I voted 4th.

laugh.gif my heart says 4th my head says 10th sad.gif
Zed.D
I see almost everyone's lost their hopes after the derby. I don't think that anything at all can be judged based on what happened in the derby. when we played pathetically against small teams (as we did most of the time with grande Carlo) I will start to worry. and if we're not going to struggle against smaller side then top4 finish is possible.
Jack Sparrow
Heart says 3rd. Gut says 5th. I voted third. I think we'll get there with or without a change in coach. As for CL, I won't be surprised to be kicked out in the first/second round. We won't have gelled by then.
dst
3rd place baby!! devil.gif

We might lose all the big games but if we beat the Siena's we'll get there.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 2 2009, 10:21 AM) *
Heart says 3rd. Gut says 5th. I voted third. I think we'll get there with or without a change in coach. As for CL, I won't be surprised to be kicked out in the first/second round. We won't have gelled by then.

Let's hope we wing it against Marseille and Zurich and hope to scrap a win in the San Siro against Real. They don't have a balanced team, and it will take them just as much time if not more to gel and play like a team. So I think we can scrape through the group stage it depends if we have any luck in the draws after that, and with the group we got I would expect a little reprieve and get someone from group G atleast.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2009, 10:30 AM) *
3rd place baby!! devil.gif

We might lose all the big games but if we beat the Siena's we'll get there.

If we beat the Siena's we could do better then 3rd easily. But we need to have a very good record against the small/mid table teams to achieve that
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2009, 12:33 PM) *
If we beat the Siena's we could do better then 3rd easily. But we need to have a very good record against the small/mid table teams to achieve that

I believe we will. We look vulnerable so they will probably attack more than usual... I guess.

I find it funny that you put Relegation there though... you think we're ready for that? I believe we'll need a couple more of these spectacular transfer windows to get there! But rest assured, WE WILL! devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2009, 10:36 AM) *
I believe we will. We look vulnerable so they will probably attack more than usual... I guess.

I find it funny that you put Relegation there though... you think we're ready for that? I believe we'll need a couple more of these spectacular transfer windows to get there! But rest assured, WE WILL! devil.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Blue put relegation in his poll request, I just followed orders tongue.gif . Ask him, maybe he's trying to get a job at Milan. I mean once we're in Serie B they would even take his @ss to coach the team
Jack Sparrow
Nah. Silvio would coach. biggrin.gif
Danny
5th for me tbh sad.gif
han2503
Who voted mid-table? laugh.gif
m1ke
2nd!
dst
QUOTE (m1ke @ Sep 2 2009, 03:51 PM) *
2nd!

Do you believe in this or just always want to be on top?
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2009, 02:00 PM) *
Who voted mid-table? laugh.gif

Let me guess... either Filippo Simone or Porty? wink.gif
kurtsimonw
4th.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2009, 07:21 PM) *
4th.

ohmy.gif I thought you'd say 6th or below.
Habitant
i have the feeling genoa or napoli will be above us, so 4th
I_Rossoneri
No one voted first(yet) tongue.gif Once silvio starts dictating tactics and picking the team we'll be fine! unsure.gif

BTW I voted mid table...
Jack Sparrow
I don't mean anything offensive, but is it an English trait to always expect the worst?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 2 2009, 09:10 PM) *
I don't mean anything offensive, but is it an English trait to always expect the worst?

Depends where you're from.

Birmingham: It doesn't matter where you finish, it'll be a disappointment. They do say if a Brummie finds a £10 note on the floor, he'll complain it wasn't a £20,

London: Who cares about football? It gets in the way of the fighting.

North East: Expect the worst? Far from it, they think the table is lying and it's all a big conspiracy as to why they didn't win it.

North West: Ask a United, Liverpool and City fan and they all think they will win the league, ask an Everton fan and they would say they would win the league if they weren't so poor and the referee's didn't hate Everton more than Satan.
Protagonist
I think, being realistic, a fifth place finish is what awaits us. Considering Genoa, Fiorentina, Roma, Sampdoria, and Palermo being our direct rivals for the last Champions League spot.
A.X
1st place !!! have some lil' faith in the team homies ... !!! if you are true fans
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (A.X @ Sep 3 2009, 10:42 AM) *
1st place !!! have some lil' faith in the team homies ... !!! if you are true fans

We are true fans, we're just not deluded.
ganney
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2009, 09:37 AM) *

I'm hoping for 3rd of 4th but we could easily end up in the Europa league places again

europa league spot finish'll mean we selling pato to balance the books.
ganney
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 3 2009, 11:14 AM) *
We are true fans, we're just not deluded.

really, i voted 2nd cos i'm a fan wishin the team as high up the table as possible cos its obvious we don't av a league winning team.
my realistic view is 6th spot. fiorentina av laid a seemingly firm grip on 4th for the last two season, won't suprise me if they push for 2nd/3rd this time. ranieri has a knack for claming 2nd, let's see where he lands roma. juve will be the main title contenders. lazio, samp, napoli are ready for a fight this year.
lets hope for the best...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (ganney @ Sep 3 2009, 12:10 PM) *
really, i voted 2nd cos i'm a fan wishin the team as high up the table as possible cos its obvious we don't av a league winning team.
my realistic view is 6th spot. fiorentina av laid a seemingly firm grip on 4th for the last two season, won't suprise me if they push for 2nd/3rd this time. ranieri has a knack for claming 2nd, let's see where he lands roma. juve will be the main title contenders. lazio, samp, napoli are ready for a fight this year.
lets hope for the best...

You voted 2nd, but you think 6th? unsure.gif

The question of the thread is where do you think we wil finish. Does it make me a bad Villa fan because I don't think we'll win the league? Does it make me a bad England fan that I don't think we'll win the World Cup? Nah, I'm a realist.
ganney
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 3 2009, 03:57 PM) *
You voted 2nd, but you think 6th? unsure.gif

The question of the thread is where do you think we wil finish. Does it make me a bad Villa fan because I don't think we'll win the league? Does it make me a bad England fan that I don't think we'll win the World Cup? Nah, I'm a realist.

well maybe i shouldn't have voted YET. still very unsure bout our team's chances on the long run but i'm damn certain we ain't gonna win the league
also at the risk of sounding unrealistic i think england will win this time(not a big fan though) but its the first time they're looking really solid in years(regular hype excluded)
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (ganney @ Sep 3 2009, 04:13 PM) *
also at the risk of sounding unrealistic i think england will win this time(not a big fan though) but its the first time they're looking really solid in years(regular hype excluded)

Well we won't win it now you've gone and fucking jinxed us! tongue.gif
Maestro10
The best this joke of a team can do is mid table! dry.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
i put 6th i just see Inter, Juve, Fiorentina, Napoli and Genoa doing better...
Habitant
someone voted first? unsure.gif
m1ke
I think we can finish 2nd for sure. First might be a struggle - we're not consistant enough.

Do I feel another bet coming on? biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (m1ke @ Sep 4 2009, 04:59 PM) *
Do I feel another bet coming on? biggrin.gif

I'm sure LaPalma would be all for it, he must really miss his Sir Geoff avatar by now.
Suhail 3
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 3 2009, 04:14 PM) *
Well we won't win it now you've gone and fucking jinxed us! tongue.gif

sorry but england were never gonna win it _ the footie team sucks tongue.gif

cool.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Sep 7 2009, 07:06 PM) *
sorry but england were never gonna win it _ the footie team sucks tongue.gif

cool.gif

We've already over-acheived by wining it once. In theory, being ranked 8th in the World, the best we should do is reach the QFs - which is what we often do. So those (mainly foreigners) that say we are under-acheiving are over-rating is. Which is ironic considering they all say the English team is over-rated by English people. blink.gif

We don't 'suck'. There's about 4 teams in the World better than us, hardly an embarassment.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 7 2009, 08:23 PM) *
We've already over-acheived by wining it once. In theory, being ranked 8th in the World, the best we should do is reach the QFs - which is what we often do. So those (mainly foreigners) that say we are under-acheiving are over-rating is. Which is ironic considering they all say the English team is over-rated by English people. blink.gif

We don't 'suck'. There's about 4 teams in the World better than us, hardly an embarassment.

On paper I think England have a great team, but the fact that they come up short in every major tournament is not something to be overlooked. I think they'll do one better this time out because they have Cappello behind them. They won't be pretty to watch but they'll get the job done.

Technically there are countries that are better, Spain, Brasil, Argentina, Italy (only if Lippi gets his head out of his @ss that is and actually picks the good players over his favourites rolleyes.gif ) but England have a good mix of players and a great coach. I think they'll get to the semis easily in S.Africa
kuzimoto
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2009, 09:37 AM) *

I'm hoping for 3rd of 4th but we could easily end up in the ETHIOPIA league again

fixed tongue.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kuzimoto @ Sep 8 2009, 03:36 PM) *
fixed tongue.gif

LMAO!!!!!
Danny
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 2 2009, 11:09 AM) *
5th for me tbh sad.gif

With the way we're playing this appears an optimistic estimate.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 20 2009, 06:56 PM) *
With the way we're playing this appears an optimistic estimate.

5th place would feel like the schudetto right now...
il_diavolo_mtl
2009/10 Tables: Italian Serie A
CLUB P W L D GD Pts
Internazionale 5 4 0 1 9 13
Juventus 4 4 0 0 7 12
Sampdoria 5 4 1 0 5 12
Fiorentina 5 3 1 1 2 10
Parma 5 3 1 1 1 10
Genoa 4 3 1 0 3 9
Udinese 5 2 1 2 1 8
Chievo Verona 5 2 2 1 2 7
AS Roma 5 2 2 1 0 7
Lazio 5 2 2 1 -1 7
AC Milan 5 2 2 1 -3 7
Bari 5 1 1 3 2 6
Palermo 5 1 2 2 -1 5
Bologna 5 1 2 2 -1 5
Siena 5 1 3 1 -3 4
Cagliari 5 1 3 1 -3 4
Napoli 5 1 3 1 -4 4
Catania 5 0 3 2 -4 2
Livorno 5 0 3 2 -6 2
Atalanta 5 0 4 1 -6
dst
1st place here we come!!! devil.gif
Maestro10
This will probably be a neck-to-neck, its either us or Atalanta for last place on the table. I hope we beat them at it cool.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Maestro10 @ Oct 7 2009, 08:12 AM) *
This will probably be a neck-to-neck, its either us or Atalanta for last place on the table. I hope we beat them at it cool.gif

livorno will be last IMO then bologna(let's get Viviano smile.gif) then siena (Let's get Curci smile.gif)
ganney
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 7 2009, 09:45 AM) *
1st place here we come!!! devil.gif

in serie b???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.