Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ambro v. Rino
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Pages: 1, 2
Tennie
So, lots of Ambro V. Rino talk today! Let's see if there's any sort of consensus!

(Fishdoll apologizes for his inability to come up with amusing poll questions. He's got a hangover).
Locke Lamora
I voted Ambrosini, even though I think Gattuso is a slightly better player. Still, in the current Ambro-Rino fight he gets so much stupid stick I feel I ought to stand up for him.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 21 2009, 02:58 PM) *
I voted Ambrosini, even though I think Gattuso is a slightly better player. Still, in the current Ambro-Rino fight he gets so much stupid stick I feel I ought to stand up for him.

This sort of behaviour won't be tolerated Locke! mad.gif dry.gif

...You're feeling sorry for people! - wtf, what gives?! ohmy.gif huh.gif sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 21 2009, 06:58 PM) *

A pity vote does not count. So that's 4-0 for Rino fiesta.gif

tongue.gif
Locke Lamora
You should both be bloody careful, or I might go emo on you. You don't want me to do that. Trust me.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 21 2009, 04:38 PM) *
You should both be bloody careful, or I might go emo on you. You don't want me to do that. Trust me.

Now thats the Locke I know! - btw hemademe.gif

emo? unsure.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 21 2009, 11:03 PM) *
Now thats the Locke I know! - btw hemademe.gif

emo? unsure.gif

TriniKing_CE
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! ohmy.gif blink.gif wacko.gif nervoussmiley.gif panicsmiley2.gif
kurtsimonw
Ambro. I want footballers playing for my team, not people who can run alot.
dst
Gattuso. I want footballers playing for my team while running a lot and doing all that better than Ambro.

@ Locke: Goth and Emo are not the same, have you not watched the South Park episode with them all? biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 21 2009, 09:04 PM) *
@ Locke: Goth and Emo are not the same, have you not watched the South Park episode with them all? biggrin.gif

Ohh thats right, I knew I that I heard the term (word) used somewhere before... South Park yes.
Bluesummers
I vote rino but i'm tired of this arguement, its pointless. Its not really matter of an opinion as gattuso is regarded by the majority of the footballing world a top class DMF and he's definitely much better than some unkown bench player named ambrosini who at best is known all over Italy, while Gattuso's name is known world wide.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 22 2009, 12:11 AM) *
I vote rino but i'm tired of this arguement, its pointless. Its not really matter of an opinion as gattuso is regarded by the majority of the footballing world a top class DMF and he's definitely much better than some unkown bench player named ambrosini who at best is known all over Italy, while Gattuso's name is known world wide.

enough said tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Where's the beer?

Coz Milan have lost when one or both of them have played, while with enough beer you don't really feel the pain of the loss. I think beer is better than both.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 22 2009, 05:11 AM) *

Er.. yes, it is a matter of opinion.

The Portugal team was also known around the World and their players are known as some of the best in their respective positions. Many of Greeces players were either failures in big leagues or were only known by Greeks. Didn't mean they were worse though.

Like I said before, there's a reason Gattuso is known World wide and that's because of his image. If Ambro was more vocal and got into confrontations then that'd give him a bigger profile too.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 22 2009, 03:04 AM) *
Gattuso. I want footballers playing for my team while running a lot and doing all that better than Ambro.

Goth...emo...self pitying losers in black all of them. The South Park episode sounds interesting though, got a link?

@Bluesummers, are you seriously saying that if a point of view has more adherents than another one, then a debate about the two is pointless?
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 22 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Like I said before, there's a reason Gattuso is known World wide and that's because of his image. If Ambro was more vocal and got into confrontations then that'd give him a bigger profile too.

Then he wouldn't be our Ambro would he?
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 22 2009, 04:05 PM) *
Goth...emo...self pitying losers in black all of them. The South Park episode sounds interesting though, got a link?

It was actually goth and vampire kids... I'm not sure if there were any emo's in it... you can watch the episode here, it's season 12 ep 14 titled "The Ungroundable"... I don't think it was that good though.
Fillipo Simone
My vote goes to Ambro.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 24 2009, 05:27 PM) *
My vote goes to Ambro.

cool.gif
ganney
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 24 2009, 06:33 PM) *
cool.gif

rino's appearance in any line up goes a long way, he's indeed a gladiator....
to me ambro has one good game and 2 bad ones. like ambro cos he sometimes chips in with goals& gets in scoring positions.
han2503
Its obvious who's winning :insert victory dance:
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 08:14 PM) *
Its obvious who's winning :insert victory dance:

The way the world works, rule number 1: The majority is wrong by definition.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 24 2009, 07:19 PM) *

Pretty much.
han2503
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 24 2009, 06:19 PM) *

Too bad such important decisions are based on what the majority of people want and think, oh like choosing who will run a country...
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 09:08 PM) *
Too bad such important decisions are based on what the majority of people want and think, oh like choosing who will run a country...

I appreciate you listening to me, but not absolutely everything I say is meant seriously...

...though it certainly is in the Ambro-Rino case.
han2503
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 24 2009, 07:19 PM) *
I appreciate you listening to me, but not absolutely everything I say is meant seriously...

...though it certainly is in the Ambro-Rino case.

So going by your theory you're wrong as well as you said you think Rino is the better player of the 2...
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 09:44 PM) *
So going by your theory you're wrong as well as you said you think Rino is the better player of the 2...

Didn't I just tell you not to take everything I say as granite-serious?
han2503
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 24 2009, 08:59 PM) *
Didn't I just tell you not to take everything I say as granite-serious?

though it certainly is in the Ambro-Rino case.

biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 10:15 PM) *
biggrin.gif tongue.gif

...that also applies to words like "certainly".
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 08:08 PM) *

Yes, and look at the shite most of these leaders get the countries into. Most countries don't even like their leaders, the people just vote for the guy 'similar' to themselves.

whoarethepatriots
I dont think one player is superior to the other, that said i prefer Ambrosini more, he is after all the captain...

of my heart

I would take the blonde angel, that scores decisive goals, has a cooler head, and arguably has more leadership qualities

Compare that to the caveman, who never shaves (except this season of course), is more temperamental, is not that great from a technical point of view, and runs around almost aimlessly
han2503
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Aug 24 2009, 10:58 PM) *
I dont think one player is superior to the other, that said i prefer Ambrosini more, he is after all the captain...

of my heart

I would take the blonde angel, that scores decisive goals, has a cooler head, and arguably has more leadership qualities

Compare that to the caveman, who never shaves (except this season of course), is more temperamental, is not that great from a technical point of view, and runs around almost aimlessly

Funny how everyone says that Rino is the more agressive, confrontational and tempermental one but looking at statistics, Ambro is the one that gets carded the most. He's the one I'm constantly on edge about when on a yellow, because on most occasions he's so irrational and thoughtless that I constantly fear he's going to get sent off, and this has happened more then once.

And technical? Ambro is so limited when it comes to technical ability its a joke that he even gets concidered to start. Not to mention he's probably one of our most frustrating players.

You know what I love most about Rino? Is that he knows what his limits as a player are, while Ambro on the other hand thinks he's some world class playmaker. Fair enough if he's adventerous with his passing and 'dribbling' and he's successful at it but he loses the ball everytime he tries to do something that is out of his league as a player.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 11:09 PM) *
You know what I love most about Rino? Is that he knows what his limits as a player are

You make it sound like this isn't a very, very bad trait as a footballer.

There's a reason all sportsman think they're Gods gift to sport, it's all to do with the mindset of them being professional, as soon as you think you can't do something, you'll start playing like it. So you're probably right about Gattuso in that sense.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 24 2009, 11:14 PM) *
You make it sound like this isn't a very, very bad trait as a footballer.

There's a reason all sportsman think they're Gods gift to sport, it's all to do with the mindset of them being professional, as soon as you think you can't do something, you'll start playing like it. So you're probably right about Gattuso in that sense.

Its not a bad trait, he knows what his strengths as a player are but he also knows that he has limits to what he can do with a ball. He plays it simple, wins the ball, plays it quickly to Pirlo or Seedorf. That way he doesn't slow up our play or lose the ball becuase he's trying something stupid and put the team back under pressure. Unlike Ambro who tries to dribble the ball or make ridiculous passes that never hit their mark.
ganney
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Aug 24 2009, 10:58 PM) *

of my heart

ambro should only remain, a stand in captain. yes he gets decisive goals, thats the only way he's able to make up for being so silly and irrational with those sometimes pointless bookings he gets. as i said before ambro's 1 good game and 2 bad ones so sometimes he's a waste in the starting line up

rino on the other hand is more ideal for the arm band, (leadership&charisma- ENOUGH TO CONVINCE THE REF to keep him on a warning after a booking for another 90minutes while he battles ruthlessly.
his flaw is ofcourse the fact that he isn't built for every game, poor passing, lame attempts on goal, if ever?
rino's a stallion for the big races.... or games as it were.

can't say who's better or more valuable but i'd pick rino to start& be captain ahead of ambro
nuh
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 11:24 PM) *
Its not a bad trait, he knows what his strengths as a player are but he also knows that he has limits to what he can do with a ball. He plays it simple, wins the ball, plays it quickly to Pirlo or Seedorf. That way he doesn't slow up our play or lose the ball becuase he's trying something stupid and put the team back under pressure. Unlike Ambro who tries to dribble the ball or make ridiculous passes that never hit their mark.

i sometimes think that ambro thinks he's beckham or something ugh i hope i don't see him play this season more importantly this weekend he is just too bad i would love to see his passing percentages i honestly think it is 10%
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (nuh @ Aug 25 2009, 02:26 AM) *
i would love to see his passing percentages i honestly think it is 10%

I think you're wrong. By quite s distance.

Maybe Ambro should start thumping his chest and do runs around the centre circle, while arguing and confronting other players. He'll get more media attentio tht way and be seen as a better player.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2009, 06:03 AM) *

Maybe Ambro should start thumping his chest and do runs around the centre circle, while arguing and confronting other players. He'll get more media attentio tht way and be seen as a better player.

relax biggrin.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2009, 02:33 AM) *

if this means he actually get his tackles right then yess, yess he should laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 25 2009, 04:43 PM) *
relax biggrin.gif

dry.gif

kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 25 2009, 06:51 PM) *
if this means he actually get his tackles right then yess, yess he should laugh.gif

2008/09

Ambrosini: Games played: 28 (24 starts, 4 sub), Fouls conceeded: 65, Fouls per game: 2.3
Gattuso: Games played: 12 (11 starts, 1 sub), Fouls conceeded: 41, Fouls per game: 3.4

Yawn.
Habitant
does that reveal the deleberate fouls, to stop counters which are benefial? or lets say where the fouls were commited? he did them all in the opponents half then who gives fck?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 25 2009, 07:21 PM) *
does that reveal the deleberate fouls, to stop counters which are benefial? or lets say where the fouls were commited? he did them all in the opponents half then who gives fck?

Oohh, so now I see.

If Ambro makes a foul, it's because he's useless. If Gattuso makes a foul it's because it's calculated or beneficial. I see. Well it seems very much like "We'll make fun of Ambro because of something, but when Gattuso has been proven to do it more, we'll just make something up to fit my arguement." Ridiculous.
Tennie
Fishdoll wonders if it's time to hand everyone a cookie and suggest we all make nice and think up naughty jokes about Inter. smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^

Nahh..it ain't time yet. kurt's resorting to his last weapon. Emotional Blackmail. Everyone agrees with Kurt Walker coz they don't want to hurt his feelings.

tongue.gif

EDIT: I'm just kidding kurtiepoo. You're my hero!!
Habitant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2009, 06:23 PM) *
Oohh, so now I see.

If Ambro makes a foul, it's because he's useless. If Gattuso makes a foul it's because it's calculated or beneficial. I see. Well it seems very much like "We'll make fun of Ambro because of something, but when Gattuso has been proven to do it more, we'll just make something up to fit my arguement." Ridiculous.

hahah where exactly do you come up with this stuff? laugh.gif

those stats also dont reveal who goes into more challenges, obviously ur going to foul more
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 25 2009, 07:28 PM) *
hahah where exactly do you come up with this stuff? laugh.gif

What do you mean where do I come up with this stuff?

You made fun of Ambro making more fouls than Rino.
I proved that Rino makes for fouls than Ambro.
You make up an excuse that his fouls are 'important'.

I think my assumption was prety accurate based on this. It's all ifs and buts that I'm hearing. Excuses, excuses.
nuh
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2009, 07:35 PM) *
What do you mean where do I come up with this stuff?

You made fun of Ambro making more fouls than Rino.
I proved that Rino makes for fouls than Ambro.
You make up an excuse that his fouls are 'important'.

I think my assumption was prety accurate based on this. It's all ifs and buts that I'm hearing. Excuses, excuses.

that statistic on the foul does not prove anything cuz it does not show how many times they each get in a tackle
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (nuh @ Aug 25 2009, 08:04 PM) *
that statistic on the foul does not prove anything cuz it does not show how many times they each get in a tackle

So? The fact is Rino makes more fouls. I'll take a page out of hans book with my answer to this then. Ambro knows his limitations and therefore doesn't make as many tackles because he knows he'll make fouls. Rino doesn't know his limits and thinks (wrongly) that he's the best tackler in the World, but gives away more fouls, blah, blah.

It's like saying if Player A scores more than Player B, then complaining by saying "Well we don't know how many shots each player had." rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.