Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THE GIANT, SAN SIRO AND ROMA
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Tennie
THE GIANT, SAN SIRO AND ROMA

5/18/2009 12:36:00 PM
Crossroads of emotions and ambitions on Sunday at San Siro. against the other team most loved by Nils Liedholm, Roma, Paolo Maldini will battle it out for an important result, and the San Siro will be only for him.

MILAN - For him Sunday afternoon's game is the best. Man of substance, allergic to the catwalks, Paolo Maldini can combine to his last appearance at San Siro a real game, very real, extremely real. Against Roma, the stake is very high. Not imposing as the human and sports story of the Milan Captain, but surely fundamental for the resut for the Rossoneri's squad to the most important European competition.

All the Milan fans, whom know very well the strength and concreteness of Paolo, know perfectly how Maldini will spend his week: no thought about the emotions he might have on Sunday, total concentration on Milan-Roma and on the sports significance. But the captain must know that the entire stadium on Sunday afternoon, will be looking forward to celebrate the final whistle with the hopeful positive result, so that we can funally think exclusively about him.

Acmilan.com's week will dedicate ample space, with a service every day, to all the numbers of a simply examplary career.

PAOLO MALDINI'S TROPHIES
· 7 SCUDETTI
· 5 CHAMPIONS CUP/CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
· 3 INTERCONTINENTALI CUPS/FIFA WORLD CUP
· 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
· 5 ITALIAN SUPER CUPS
· 1 COPPA ITALIA

PAOLO MALDINI'S RECORDS
· MILAN APPEARANCES IN OFFICIAL GAMES: 900
· APPEARANCES IN SERIE A: 646
· APPEARANCES IN UEFA CLUB COMPETITIONS: 174
· APPEARANCES WITH THE AZZURRI: 126
· INTERNATIONAL TROPHIES: 13
· CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINALS: 8
· QUICKEST GOAL IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL: 53’’, ISTANBUL 2005
· TOGETHER WITH CESARE, ONLY FATHER AND SON TO WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AS CAPTAINS, WITH THE SAME SHIRT (CESARE 1963, PAOLO 2003 AND 2007)

(from acmilan.com's english page)
Zed.D
Can't believe this is going to be Maldini's last ever official game at San Siro. it's hard to swallow...

Anything less than 80k spectators would be an insult to God.
Tennie
Well, the few tickets for sale to foreigners on acmilan.com's english page were sold out in 2 days (I think it was 2000 tickets). They go on sale in Italy today.

Fishdoll is taking me to the game. I'm afraid I'm going to cry through the whole thing.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 18 2009, 04:16 PM) *
Well, the few tickets for sale to foreigners on acmilan.com's english page were sold out in 2 days (I think it was 2000 tickets). They go on sale in Italy today.

Fishdoll is taking me to the game. I'm afraid I'm going to cry through the whole thing.

If pictures are not taken with great impetousness, the Donkey Brigade shall surely let attacks be commenced with the enthusiasm so lacking in the Fishdoll's cameratic operations (sorry me, I think I may be drunk).
Tennie
Well, given that my camera is older than Kurt, I'm a little concerned about donkey bombardment. But I'll do my best! (Fishdoll might be willing to send postcards if anyone would like one).
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 18 2009, 09:45 PM) *
Well, given that my camera is older than Kurt, I'm a little concerned about donkey bombardment. But I'll do my best! (Fishdoll might be willing to send postcards if anyone would like one).

If you send me another one then I swear I'll send at least one from Spain, not to mention it would be sufficient to appease the Donkey Brigade (who are really looking forward to meeting the CRA next season).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.