Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shevchenko unsure of future in Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
Andriy Shevchenko admits he is in the dark as to whether he will play for AC Milan next season.

The 32-year-old is currently on a season long loan from Chelsea, yet his failure to command a regular starting place has cast renewed doubt over his future.

"The truth is that I may not be given the chance to stay at Milan," Shevchenko told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I know that it has been a difficult season, but I would love to stay put.

"I will keep trying as hard as I can to prove that I can still do good things for this club.

"At least I am getting a chance to play some games now and that makes everything easier.

"It has been disappointing not to get more playing time, but that's just the way it is at a club like Milan."
I_Rossoneri
Is Sheva completely stupid? I would have thought the lack of playtime would have been a big enough clue...

Time to get back practising English I think smile.gif
han2503
Perosnally I would like to have him stay, it's a comfort thing for me having Sheva in the sqad, even if he's not contributing that much on the pitch.

I think he's a good person to have in the locker room, and to me personally, I would rather have someone like him rather then a player like Seedorf, who complains when things don't go hs way and considering all the playing time he gets, his overall contribution to the team is awful.

Sheva has been on that bench the entire season, and not once has he complained or thrown any negative comments out there, I know that some would say that considering he left the way he did he wouldn't even dream of complaining but considering that God awful 2 seasons he spent at Chelsea without uttering one bad thing regarding the club, I would say it's his strong character rather then guilt towards the club and fans.

Mean while Seedorf moans and complains even if so much as a report about Milan being interested in a player that plays in his position sufaces. He only wants what's best for him, not this club.

That's my feelings regarding the Sheva issue, I know some want him to get out badly and considering his past history I wouldn't find that hard to believe, but I think he deserves this chance considering what he did for us in the past and how being in Milan makes him happy
Zed.D
It doesn't really matter to me if Sheva stays or leaves, other than that I agree with everything han said.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Perosnally I would like to have him stay, it's a comfort thing for me having Sheva in the sqad, even if he's not contributing that much on the pitch.

I think he's a good person to have in the locker room, and to me personally, I would rather have someone like him rather then a player like Seedorf, who complains when things don't go hs way and considering all the playing time he gets, his overall contribution to the team is awful.

Sheva has been on that bench the entire season, and not once has he complained or thrown any negative comments out there, I know that some would say that considering he left the way he did he wouldn't even dream of complaining but considering that God awful 2 seasons he spent at Chelsea without uttering one bad thing regarding the club, I would say it's his strong character rather then guilt towards the club and fans.

Mean while Seedorf moans and complains even if so much as a report about Milan being interested in a player that plays in his position sufaces. He only wants what's best for him, not this club.

That's my feelings regarding the Sheva issue, I know some want him to get out badly and considering his past history I wouldn't find that hard to believe, but I think he deserves this chance considering what he did for us in the past and how being in Milan makes him happy

The best solution - get rid of the pair of them smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 25 2009, 09:15 PM) *

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Since there is no chance of Seedorf being gone anytime soon, I say we keep Sheva as well to maintain the balance tongue.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2009, 10:05 PM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Since there is no chance of Seedorf being gone anytime soon, I say we keep Sheva as well to maintain the balance tongue.gif

Well seeing as Favalli has extended then why not extend Maldini for another year as well? In fact we could always scupper the deal between Canna and Juve and get another champion smile.gif

For once the management have spoken with their head rather than their heart and Shveva can return to the place he begged to go to wink.gif If the management have any sense Clarence will be gone as well smile.gif
elcordobez
So....we payed Sheva to regain his fitness.

For the sake of "project sheva" i think we should give him another season but we can't afford to pay him his current wages.

TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 26 2009, 04:54 AM) *
For once the management have spoken with their head rather than their heart and Sheva can return to the place he begged to go to wink.gif If the management have any sense Clarence will be gone as well smile.gif

...I don't recall Shevchenko 'begging' under any circumstances to leave us!
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 26 2009, 11:58 AM) *

Then you must have a short memory - he went to see Berlusconi personally to beg to leave and Berlusconi decided it was best to let him go.
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 26 2009, 11:54 AM) *
Well seeing as Favalli has extended then why not extend Maldini for another year as well? In fact we could always scupper the deal between Canna and Juve and get another champion smile.gif

We don't extend Maldini's contract, He extends His contract with us...
Minami
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 26 2009, 04:00 PM) *
We don't extend Maldini's contract, He extends His contract with us...

how true smile.gif biggrin.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 26 2009, 02:28 PM) *

I think I_Rossoneri is right. it was like begging (it's best for my children to grow up in an English speaking country. I have to leave. blah blah)
I_Rossoneri
Apparently Sheva is in london to sort out his future. As long as his future doesn't involve Milan I'll be happy smile.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 25 2009, 08:15 PM) *

laugh.gif king.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.