Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galliani unfazed by Kaka rumors
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has once again reiterated that Kaka is not for sale amid renewed speculation over the playmaker's future.

Media reports in Spain suggested that Florentino Perez was close to signing the Brazilian, as part of his bid to return as Real Madrid president.

Galliani, however, has dismissed the reports as mere speculation. "Perez has not been elected president of Real and cannot therefore make any moves," he said on the Sporting Life website.

"In any case I'm certain that if one day Florentino wanted to sign Kaka he would come directly to me. Hence, I am calm."

He added: "Kaka is not for sale and Florentino will eventually realise this."
I_Rossoneri
It's real's presidential election time again biggrin.gif
dst
I would not bet my money on Kaka staying with Milan this summer.
MizNelson
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 7 2009, 03:26 PM) *
I would not bet my money on Kaka staying with Milan this summer.

I think if Kaka leaves (which is 99% inevitable), it'll be next season. Milan letting him go right after the whole Man City debacle would be nothing short of idiotic, as would also be the case with Kaka after saying he wanted to stay with Milan and waving his jersey to ecstatic fans out a window.

Kaka is a shadow of his Ballon d'Or form nowadays and he seems to be losing patience with the club, especially after his supposed calling out of Milan Lab and the magical healing powers of the Selecao team doctors.
Ro Rossonera
I think that's it's all Milan's fault...if they would just have let him heal properly the first time he wouldn't be injured on and off all this season. I hope he stays though. I don't think I can take Kakagate 2.0
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 7 2009, 06:25 PM) *
I think if Kaka leaves (which is 99% inevitable), it'll be next season. Milan letting him go right after the whole Man City debacle would be nothing short of idiotic, as would also be the case with Kaka after saying he wanted to stay with Milan and waving his jersey to ecstatic fans out a window.

Kaka is a shadow of his Ballon d'Or form nowadays and he seems to be losing patience with the club, especially after his supposed calling out of Milan Lab and the magical healing powers of the Selecao team doctors.

Well what do you expect. Our milanlab has become a joke and is the number 1 reason behind our teams position right now. If I were him, I would do the same.

He's not Maldini. I mean hes not even Italian. So what bond does he have with our club other than our club objectives? However, he won't leave this summer. I think next season its our last chance If we want to keep him. Either we win or he probably is off to greener patches.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 8 2009, 08:19 AM) *
Well what do you expect. Our milanlab has become a joke and is the number 1 reason behind our teams position right now. If I were him, I would do the same.

He's not Maldini. I mean hes not even Italian. So what bond does he have with our club other than our club objectives? However, he won't leave this summer. I think next season its our last chance If we want to keep him. Either we win or he probably is off to greener patches.

tongue.gif You just came out with a list of reasons why Kaka shouldn't be made captain.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 8 2009, 06:19 AM) *
I mean hes not even Italian. So what bond does he have with our club other than our club objectives?

What kind of a conclusion is that?!! blink.gif you mean only Italians can have a bond with the club that goes beyond its objectives?
dst
Zanetti has been a great captain for the funny side and last time I checked he was Argentinian.
I_Rossoneri
I'm sure management will find a way of offloading him to the highest bidder, after all they were the ones who invited 5hitty over to finalise the deal. You can also guarantee that when he does go they will manipulate the situation to make it look like he wanted out. They will also pocket the money.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 8 2009, 07:59 AM) *
What kind of a conclusion is that?!! blink.gif you mean only Italians can have a bond with the club that goes beyond its objectives?

I think there was a hint of sarcasm in what Bluey wrote smile.gif
Tennie
I tend to think the whole Man City thing was an exercise in showing that no player, no matter how good, is bigger than the club.

That said, I'm also in the category of folks who think Kaka will probably leave sooner rather than later. My personal guess is that he'll go to someone who'll pay him more than he's making at Milan, whether it's in England or in Spain.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 8 2009, 09:45 AM) *

LOL, I didn't think anyone would have noticed. But yes I wrote it with a bit of sarcasm tongue.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 8 2009, 09:46 AM) *
I tend to think the whole Man City thing was an exercise in showing that no player, no matter how good, is bigger than the club.

That said, I'm also in the category of folks who think Kaka will probably leave sooner rather than later. My personal guess is that he'll go to someone who'll pay him more than he's making at Milan, whether it's in England or in Spain.

I dont think its money more than its the ambitions of the club. I mean he has always said, as long as the club ambitions and mine remain the same, I'll stay forever.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 8 2009, 06:46 PM) *

Yeah ... If he wants to go to Madrid, he should just go. I'm just sick of this merry-go-round media frenzy.
dst

Who showed that to whom?

He won't go for the money that I am sure of. He will get paid more than he is now most probably but he won't go to City just for what they offer to him, he will only go to a club of similar status to Milan's and he will, in my opinion, only go for a new challenge.

[Not related to what you said I'm just taking it a bit further:]
If that really happens then I would not blame him. I would not have blamed Sheva either. It's not that one goes that I can't take but Sheva was talking of becoming a Milan legend "like Maldini" before he left. That I cannot take and that's why I'll always detest Sheva.
Zed.D
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 8 2009, 08:15 PM) *

My sarcasm detector is broken!
Habitant
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 8 2009, 09:15 PM) *
My sarcasm detector is broken!

you can't fight fire with fire tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Bluesummers
Gallliani: Kaka leaving? Please, don't me laugh!

Yeah boi, thats what i'm talking about aight. Gallianniii dogg he roll in style shuttin the bs'ing madristas down woo. Big pimpin adrianooooooooo yeahhhhh cool.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 8 2009, 02:15 PM) *
Sheva was talking of becoming a Milan legend "like Maldini" before he left. That I cannot take and that's why I'll always detest Sheva.

Kaka also said something along those same lines when Man City: The Movie ended and he was staying.

I think it's safe to say that declaring your desire to be a Milan legend is like getting a tattoo of your girlfriend's name. It's inevitable the relationship will sour at some point.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 8 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Kaka also said something along those same lines when Man City: The Movie ended and he was staying.

I think it's safe to say that declaring your desire to be a Milan legend is like getting a tattoo of your girlfriend's name. It's inevitable the relationship will sour at some point.

yes, but not this summer hehe cool.gif
dst
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 9 2009, 05:12 AM) *

Yes it probably will but if one is seriously thinking of leaving he can't be excused for such comments. You can't declare that and leave just a few months down the road...
Bluesummers
Kaka: Forget Real Madrid, I’m Milan For Life

Kaka seemed on the verge of leaving Milan in January when the Diavoli received a massive bid from Premier League big spenders Manchester City.
The 26-year-old eventually turned down the move, but the Spanish media have claimed in recent weeks that things will be different when Real Madrid go knocking next summer.

“I think that too many people have been speaking of late. Now it’s my turn,” Kaka said to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I have not been contacted by Real Madrid. I believe I have already stressed that I wish to remain here. Milan for life? Yes - and that’s the fifth time I have said so.

“This is getting quite tiresome, for the fans too. I feel I owe them and I have proved I want to stay. There was that moment of doubt with Manchester City but then I made up my mind. I repeat that I have not agreed terms with anyone.”

Milan are expected to undergo a major face-lift in the summer after another dismal season and Kaka is confident that the good times will return for the Rossoneri.

“We are as hungry as anyone,” he claimed. “When you are accustomed to winning and go through such difficult periods, you truly miss lifting trophies.

“Some of our players are getting older; we should just freshen things up and bring the average age in the squad down.”

Thank you. Like I've said he is our future captain. Hes 27 soon? Leaving will be pointless hes almost up for captaincy and hell would ofcourse break loose if he was sold without him wanting to leave in the first place.

-------------------------------------

I agree with him. Bringing the average of the squad down is a must for us.

Maldini is done this season.
Favalli should not be renewed.
Emerson should be released.
Shevchenko will leave.
Kalac or Dida should be sold/released.
Oddo should be sold.

6 veteran players out and lets refresh our squad with youth players.

Players who also should be dropped from bench: Seedorf, Ambrosini, Kaladze, Inzaghi.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 9 2009, 11:08 AM) *
Thank you. Like I've said he is our future captain. Hes 27 soon? Leaving will be pointless hes almost up for captaincy and hell would ofcourse break loose if he was sold without him wanting to leave in the first place.

-------------------------------------

I agree with him. Bringing the average of the squad down is a must for us.

Favalli should not be renewed.
Emerson should be released.
Shevchenko will leave.
Oddo should be sold.

6 veteran players out and lets refresh our squad with youth players.

Players who also should be dropped from bench: Seedorf, Ambrosini, Kaladze, Inzaghi.

I would still keep Pippo and Ambro fro that list but the others are all free to go to good homes smile.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 8 2009, 10:15 PM) *
If that really happens then I would not blame him. I would not have blamed Sheva either. It's not that one goes that I can't take but Sheva was talking of becoming a Milan legend "like Maldini" before he left. That I cannot take and that's why I'll always detest Sheva.

100% Concurrence from me cool.gif
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 9 2009, 01:08 PM) *

Your death will be painful. This God is not a forgiving one!
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 8 2009, 04:46 PM) *

I'm more of a cynical type person and I think that they were either willing to sell Ricky or, more importantly, trying to play with his emotions to make them more popular with the fans. They knew Ricky wouldn't want to go there and yet they still invited 5hitty executives over for talks, I don't think I've ever known a team do that to another team. IMO they wanted the cash, but it ended up as a great pr stunt.

And as for wages, Ricky has agreed with Rino about players sacrificing their wages.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 9 2009, 03:08 AM) *

Yep, I'll bring up the D-word again, but barring a meltdown, he should definitely stay. He still has the stuff (not as much as he used to, of course) when he's in respectable form and injury-free, as he has been so far this season. If anyone here is expendable, Kalac went from #1 to #3 in the blink of an eye. Besides, with Abbiati hobbled, bringing in two new GKs unfamiliar with our system probably isn't a smart idea.

Like that'll ever happen.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 9 2009, 03:05 PM) *
Yep, I'll bring up the D-word again, but barring a meltdown, he should definitely stay. He still has the stuff (not as much as he used to, of course) when he's in respectable form and injury-free, as he has been so far this season. If anyone here is expendable, Kalac went from #1 to #3 in the blink of an eye. Besides, with Abbiati hobbled, bringing in two new GKs unfamiliar with our system probably isn't a smart idea.

Lets not ignore reality here. Dida is too error-prone right now to be even considered a candidate for a top club. I would love both of them gone, but right now for me I would prefer Dida because he gets paid more than both Abbiati and Kalac.

Lets stop beating around the bush and get a solid keeper. If we wait for Abbiati to recover and rely on Dida and Kalac, next season will be the same as this one.

Goalkeeper is much too important of a position to let clowns like Kalac and Dida play. If we are to be fighting for first place and europe, we need a top quality keeper between the posts, no excuses.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 10 2009, 02:06 AM) *
Lets not ignore reality here. Dida is too error-prone right now to be even considered a candidate for a top club. I would love both of them gone, but right now for me I would prefer Dida because he gets paid more than both Abbiati and Kalac.

Lets stop beating around the bush and get a solid keeper. If we wait for Abbiati to recover and rely on Dida and Kalac, next season will be the same as this one.

Goalkeeper is much too important of a position to let clowns like Kalac and Dida play. If we are to be fighting for first place and europe, we need a top quality keeper between the posts, no excuses.

Great post cool.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 9 2009, 06:06 PM) *
If we are to be fighting for first place and europe, we need a top quality keeper between the posts, no excuses.

Why do we have Abbiati, then?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 10 2009, 03:57 PM) *
Why do we have Abbiati, then?

He would be good enough for a second string goal keeper, while the other two are not.

MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 10 2009, 04:02 PM) *
He would be good enough for a second string goal keeper, while the other two are not.

I still think you're half wrong there, but I'm not going to get into an argument here after having dealt with the douchebags at R&B earlier for the same reason.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 10 2009, 05:09 PM) *
I still think you're half wrong there, but I'm not going to get into an argument here after having dealt with the douchebags at R&B earlier for the same reason.

Oh, okay. You gotta understand, I got nothign against dida or kalac. I just want Milan to have a Milan quality keeper. Inter has Julio Cesar, we should also have someone of that caliber.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 11 2009, 05:27 AM) *
Oh, okay. You gotta understand, I got nothign against dida or kalac. I just want Milan to have a Milan quality keeper. Inter has Julio Cesar, we should also have someone of that caliber.

There aren't many Julio Cesars avaible or even existent. Our goalkeeper roster is more then just good, and Dida + Abbiati are Milan quality.
dst
I'm content with Abbiati and Dida. I don't think we need to buy a goalie this season, we have other areas to reinforce. That said, if Buffon is annoyed by the current situation (as it's reported...) in Turin I would not think twice about getting into it.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 11 2009, 02:22 AM) *
There aren't many Julio Cesars avaible or even existent. Our goalkeeper roster is more then just good, and Dida + Abbiati are Milan quality.

Dida is not even Napoli quality. Right now while hes cheap we need to buy Marchetti and use Abbiati as second and kalac as third. If we don't do it now, we'll regret it later as his price will sky rocket.

One of the reasons we got 5th last year was because we had players like kalac and dida in net. A good goal keeper wins you at least 12 points a season minimum. Since Dida's downfall, we haven't had that and its been costing us.

Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 11 2009, 03:32 AM) *
I'm content with Abbiati and Dida. I don't think we need to buy a goalie this season, we have other areas to reinforce. That said, if Buffon is annoyed by the current situation (as it's reported...) in Turin I would not think twice about getting into it.

Thats like manchester saying lets sign petr cech. Juve would never sell him to us or to any direct Italian rival. It would get secco fired if he ever did a stunt like that.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, and a good goalkeeper we have in Abbiati, while Dida is a superb second, who allways has the slight option to find his path back, and once more show class. Didn't you notice that this seasons Dida isn't exactly the Dida from last season?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 11 2009, 04:03 AM) *
Yes, and a good goalkeeper we have in Abbiati, while Dida is a superb second, who allways has the slight option to find his path back, and once more show class. Didn't you notice that this seasons Dida isn't exactly the Dida from last season?

Abbiati is injured until september. It will take him at least a month to rediscover his form if he ever does. Do you really want to go through the beginning of the year with an error prone goal keeper? If we spent 5 million, we could get Marchetti and we would know forsure we are secure.

Whether Dida is different or not doesn't matter. Just by the way he plays you can tell if any real attempt at net was taken, he would not be able to save it. His reflexes are too slow and his age is clearly showing. Dida hasn't made any spectacular saves this season. The only reason we are in the top 4 was because Abbiati was making miracle saves.

But hey, dont take anything I say seriously. Wait until we play fiorentina or Juve and when Dida lets in 2,3 goals. We'll see how much better hes gotten.
PatitoFeo
Dida has been playing well as of late - hes not as good as Cesar, but he has improved and does have some trophies in his closet
Bluesummers
Kaka Reiterates Desire To Captain Milan

Milan’s Brazilian superstar, Kaka, has again been linked with a move to Real Madrid over the past week, despite recently declaring that he intends to remain with the Rossoneri for the remainder of his career.

Consequently, he was forced to quash these rumours only yesterday, by pledging his future to his Italian club yet again.

Late last night, though, in an interview with a Hungarian newspaper, the South American had some kind things to say about the Spanish club, a team that have been on his trail for quite some time now.

“Real Madrid are an extraordinary club, but as I have said many times before, I never want to leave Milan,” Kaka affirmed in Nemzeti Sport.

“Again, I love Milan, and I have the intention of playing here for a very long time.”

The 26-year-old was extremely close to joining the English Premier League club Manchester City in January, but the deal collapsed despite the vast riches on the table.

Kaka said, “I refused their offer because everyone at Milan are convinced that we have a bright future ahead. I have so much affection for this club, so for me it was essential to remain here.”

The former Sao Paulo star concluded the interview by addressing a few things concerning the Rossoneri, mainly their transfer policy, as well as his desire to captain the club in the future.

He continued, “Having a team formed by players who have been here for so long isn’t a bad thing, however sometimes it’s necessary to make a change. This could be the right time for us to do exactly that.

“When [Paolo] Maldini retires, I believe that the next captain will be either [Massimo] Ambrosini or [Gennaro] Gattuso. Having said this though, I would certainly love to wear the armband one day too.”

cry.gif What a player, truly a Maldini-esque calibre of a human being.
pacang

enough said.. we'll have no problem in captain's position for the next ten to fifteen years.. maybe twenty if Pato is considered..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.