Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adriano Galliani: I Would Never Employ Jose Mourinho As Milan Coach
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Fillipo Simone
Adriano Galliani: I Would Never Employ Jose Mourinho As Milan Coach

No way Jose. Galliani has sent a stark warning message to his bitter cross-town rivals...

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani admits there is no way he will ever employ Jose Mourinho as coach following the recent hype.

The 'Special One' launched a scathing attack on the Rossoneri on Tuesday and his words have not impressed anyone in Italy. Galliani has now moved to respond to the Portuguese tactician's words in ways he knows best.

"Having never played for Milan before and having not won anything with our team he is not our priority," Galliani told Sky Sport Italia.

"In fact to become coach of Milan a history of being a great champion is needed."

Galliani didn't want to elaborate further, perhaps fearing he could get into trouble with the federation.

"I think directors should reply to directors, coaches to coaches, players to players and so on," added the chief.

"I agree with [Giancarlo] Abete that things should be toned down more."

The Rossoneri clash with Atalanta on Sunday afternoon as they hope to consolidate third place
dst
The title used is as usual stupid.

I don't think excluding someone because he did not have a great career as a player is right. Nevertheless I would not sign Mourinho either because I despise his personality.
I_Rossoneri
We don't want Jose because he is not afraid to ask for what he wants/needs, we prefer people who always say yes...I mean Champions innocentsmily.gif
Tennie
Wouldn't want Mourinho no matter how many titles he's won. He may be a good coach but he's a nasty piece of work in terms of media manipulation, attention-whoring and general attitude. He has no class and I find the persona that we the public see to be beyond loathsome. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
"In fact to become coach of Milan a history of being a great champion is needed."

Yes, because Mourinho clearly isn't a great Champion. He's going to win as many league titles in this season as Carlo has in his entire managerial career. rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 8 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Yes, because Mourinho clearly isn't a great Champion. He's going to win as many league titles in this season as Carlo has in his entire managerial career. rolleyes.gif

He probably means as a player but it's stupid anyway.

Sure thing is, Mourinho will stay away from Milan! happy.gif
MizNelson
Psst, Galliani...nobody cares.
Fillipo Simone
Bah..
Zed.D
Adriano Galliani: I Would Never Employ Jose Mourinho As Milan Coach

Why don't you tell us something we don't know?
Tennie
I suspect the comment is in response to the rumor currently going round Italy (it shows up in articles in gazzetta and mediaset for example) that most folks think this is the one and only season Mourinho will coach the cugini. The current version of the rumor has his agent looking for a job in England due to his less than friendly relationship with the Italian media but given that there's also a belief that Ancelotti will be out at the end of the season, there's a tiny bit of speculation that maybe Mourinho will move to the red and black half of the city. And it's THAT rumor that Galliani stomped on.
Zed.D
Mourinho is a great coach and I have always praised him (only as a coach) but I don't want him in Milan anymore now that he's coached Inter. I'd rather have Rijkaard.
MizNelson
In all honesty, what was Mourinho expecting from the Italian media from day one? Roses thrown at his feet? He'd better learn that not everyone, especially the press, is going to worship him as the god he thinks he is.
Tennie
Well, he does seem to be rather popular with the British media, Miz. (Guys in the UK, please correct me if I'm wrong on this). Thing is, the culture is different and what's considered acceptable in one place...isn't, in another. The outrageous comments that got Mourinho praise in England are getting condemnation in Italy.
MizNelson
Grr. I meant to say the Italian press in my previous post, and I've edited it as such.
Fillipo Simone
Argh, media junkie, nothing more. Needs some dope from "The Sun", because "Corriere" and "Gazzetta" are to week.
Bluesummers
Good. There is only one person who is going to take milan's non-player coach spot and that is going to be me.
Rivaldo
I love Galliani for this way of hitting Mourinho.

This miserable man haven't ever to be coach of our team
PatitoFeo
I like the former player rule...so Riijkaard is next up right smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.