Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inter Would Be Fourth Without Refereeing Errors - Study
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
il_diavolo_mtl
Inter Would Be Fourth Without Refereeing Errors - Study
The table would look quite a bit different if there had been no refereeing mistakes this term, according to one study in Italy...

According to a survey conducted by Observations on Arbitration Errors, in collaboration with Adiconsum, since the beginning of the 2008-09 campaign, 171 points would have been rearranged due to the 163 officiating mistakes.

The hypothetical rankings have Milan at the top of the standings with 53 points, plus five from their current tally, while the Fiorentina, would be in second spot with 51.

Meanwhile, Juventus would fall one place into third, having benefited from a few refereeing decisions this term and Inter would lose a rather significant 11 points from their current status, dropping down to fourth place.

Of course, this is just one study with it's own limitations, but certainly it's findings will fuel the criticism of the officiating throughout the peninsula.

Adam Scime, Goal.com

This is the best news i've heard this year about our team.
I_Rossoneri
The table doesn't lie and we haven't been good enough. Simple as.
il_diavolo_mtl
maybe not but the refs do and thus Inter in first place it even says the Ibras would be in fourth...i'm surprised this din't spark more controversy
kurtsimonw
Inter would still win the league if the refs were against them.
Milan Are Brilliant
All teams at the top get refereeing decisions, in England, Spain and Italy. It's never been any different look at the United, Liverpool, Madrid, Barca decisions it makes no difference really.

It's funny how when Goal produce a transfer rumour say about Kaka or someone alike leaving it's called a rubbish source, maybe it should be branded in the same light with news stories like this.
Tennie
Well, Ash, thing is Goal got the article from Corriere della Sera, which IS a respectable source. Corriere is one of the leading dailies in Italy. (It's NOT Corriere dello Sport, which is something different entirely).
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 8 2009, 05:07 AM) *
Well, Ash, thing is Goal got the article from Corriere della Sera, which IS a respectable source. Corriere is one of the leading dailies in Italy. (It's NOT Corriere dello Sport, which is something different entirely).

Ah fair enough I didn't know they outsourced that article.

Still, my point on top teams getting referee decisions globally remains. I don't think we can look at this and say yeah that's why we're not top because everyone globally could say the same.
Tennie
Well, they didn't say it on goal.com. smile.gif I still think it's a rubbish site and hardly ever look at it. I read the article in the original publication.

And yeah, I agree. Top teams will get calls, no matter where you are. The jokes about Moratti buying the refs are on the up in Italy, though.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 7 2009, 09:07 PM) *
Well, Ash, thing is Goal got the article from Corriere della Sera, which IS a respectable source.

I guess we become jaded enough that we're quick to believe just about any source is unreliable, especially those based outside of Milano. (Where is Corriere della Sera located?)

Corriere dello Sport, however, is definitely unreliable for Milan news. It's essentially the Roman version of Tuttosport. However, nobody outdoes Goal.com, which deserves to burn to a crisp for all eternity.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 8 2009, 07:32 AM) *
nobody outdoes Goal.com.

TribalFootball is pretty awful..

An example..Milan join Madrid in race for United's Jonny Evans.. he'll be without question a top CB, possibly one of the best over the next few years, so they just link him with 2 top European teams. rolleyes.gif
MizNelson
I didn't mention Tribalfeces because I personally haven't heard a whole lot from them over the past few months in regards to Milan rumors. Goal.com, however, is like a fly constantly buzzing in your ear and you can't get rid of it.
il_diavolo_mtl
if goal.com is that bad, where should i look for info..?
Tennie
in which language, mtl?
il_diavolo_mtl
eglish or french smile.gif
Tennie
HERE is a thread that lists websites w/news info, etc.

Gazzetta and tuttomercatoweb have english pages but they're usually somewhat delayed (takes a day or so for stuff to get translated).

Eurosport isn't on the list but isn't the worst site (in either english or french)

France Football is good.
il_diavolo_mtl
thanks alot smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.