Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beckham's future to be resolved on Friday?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2
Warchant
AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has said that he expects David Beckham's future to be decided on Friday.

Beckham is less than halfway through a five-year contract with Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy franchise, but is currently on loan to the Serie A giants and has said he wants to remain in Italy permanently.

The MLS set a deadline of last Friday for an agreement to be reached for the 33-year-old to complete a full transfer, but with no deal done, the Galaxy have insisted that Beckham should return to L.A. for pre-season training on March 9 as per the terms of his two-month loan deal.

However, Milan are still confident of reaching a deal and talks are expected to resume later this week.

"There is still a bit of distance but Friday could be the decisive day for Beckham," Galliani told reporters as Milan flew out for Wednesday's UEFA Cup clash at Werder Bremen. Beckham, who has recovered from a minor hamstring injury, travelled with the Milan squad.

Galliani added: ''We are negotiating and trying to resolve the problem. Between our offer and their (the Galaxy's) request there is still a margin but the will of the player is to remain. We will have to wait and see how this situation develops - there is still time.''

Various figures have been bandied about in the media after Milan's opening offer of €5m ($6.3m) was turned down. Milan-based sports paper Gazzetta dello Sport report that the Galaxy want €10m - double what the Serie A club has offered to date.

Beckham, who has impressed during his performances in Serie A - scoring twice and setting up two goals - does not believe Sunday's 2-1 defeat in the Milan derby will hurt his chances of a permanent transfer despite the loss leaving the Rossoneri 11 points behind Inter Milan in third place in the standings.

''I am disappointed because our hopes of winning the Scudetto are truly minimal,'' said Beckham. ''But this doesn't alter our plans. I know that Milan want me until the end of the season.''
Warchant
yay! another friday deadline!
Zed.D
Couldn't he resolve the problem by the last deadline? dry.gif I can see this transfer saga being dragged until August!
acid911
Boy, I'd sure like it more if they told us which 'Friday' they are talking about. mellow.gif
Warchant
so...it's Friday...
kurtsimonw
It's Saturday here and in Italy.. total rubbish again from Galliani.
Bluesummers
hey kurt, how much do you think young and agbonlahor go for if we bought them as a package. i mean 10 million should be wonders for a mid table club like aston villa. tongue.gif
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 18 2009, 03:22 AM) *
Boy, I'd sure like it more if they told us which 'Friday' they are talking about. mellow.gif

dry.gif You're right something doesn't seem right about this 'Friday' business.

Also don't they know you never do business deals on a Friday?
dst
QUOTE (Ro Rossonera @ Feb 24 2009, 06:14 AM) *
Also don't they know you never do business deals on a Friday?

Because... ?
Ro Rossonera
I guess it's just one of our crazy town superstitions? We've always been told don't start a job or make a business deal on a Friday because it's bad luck.
Bluesummers
heard of "friday" the thirteenth! friday is also the day kaladze goes to work to get playing time hahah tongue.gif
whoarethepatriots
When is this fcking circus going to be dealt with? is he staying, is he going?
Bluesummers
he should go. We dont need him for next season. We need a new perspective on football. Under a new coach he probably will not play.
dst
Hope we don't sign him.
Jack Sparrow
I don't think he's ALL that necessary for next season (this season, considering our injury situation he'd be nice to have around!). But I'd feel sorry for him if he had to leave. He's been nothing but good for us, and he put his neck on the line, when he said he'd rather stay with Milan. LA will hate him if he returns.

And a footballer of his calibre doesn't deserve it. It's kinda like Michelangelo making a living off painting fences- for twice the money..but a fence is a fence.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 27 2009, 07:25 PM) *
And a footballer of his calibre doesn't deserve it. It's kinda like Michelangelo making a living off painting fences- for twice the money..but a fence is a fence.

It was his choice... rolleyes.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 27 2009, 11:25 AM) *
I don't think he's ALL that necessary for next season (this season, considering our injury situation he'd be nice to have around!). But I'd feel sorry for him if he had to leave. He's been nothing but good for us, and he put his neck on the line, when he said he'd rather stay with Milan. LA will hate him if he returns.

American fans won't care...they'll still come out in droves to watch him play
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Warchant @ Feb 27 2009, 12:01 PM) *
American fans won't care...they'll still come out in droves to watch him play

yup! Watch when he returns people will be begging for him and tom cruise in a photo.
gal_kenny
he should just go...we've suffered enough..If he knows wats good for himself and whats good for milan that the fans he should leave...Beckham go pls go!!!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Feb 27 2009, 03:10 PM) *
he should just go...we've suffered enough..If he knows wats good for himself and whats good for milan that the fans he should leave...Beckham go pls go!!!

yeah hes already 33. He was good for the loan period. We should give him a good send off.
kurtsimonw
We should retired the number 32 and announce his last day in Milan, "Beckham Day", a national holiday for the region. He should also be given the key to the City.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 28 2009, 02:05 AM) *
We should retired the number 32 and announce his last day in Milan, "Beckham Day", a national holiday for the region. He should also be given the key to the City.

Or! we won't do any of that and you'll have to start watching the American league if you want to watch him fanboy!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 28 2009, 12:11 AM) *
Or! we won't do any of that and you'll have to start watching the American league if you want to watch him fanboy!

OR! I could watch the 2010 World Cup.. somewhere you won't be seeing Maldini!

You forced my hand, I had to retaliate!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 27 2009, 06:46 PM) *

You forced my hand, I had to retaliate!

ouch ouch ouch.... that hurts. But he has no place in the wc 2010. Unless winning the wc is not italy's goal.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 28 2009, 02:46 AM) *

Oh... England will qualify this time?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 28 2009, 01:18 PM) *

You say that like we've missed a World Cup lately! Of course we'll qualify.. well, a convincing win in our hardest game of the qualifiers, I should think we'll qualify. unsure.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 28 2009, 04:47 PM) *
You say that like we've missed a World Cup lately! Of course we'll qualify.. well, a convincing win in our hardest game of the qualifiers, I should think we'll qualify. unsure.gif

You were owned, admit it! biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 28 2009, 03:02 PM) *
You were owned, admit it! biggrin.gif

I was not!

We have not failed to make a World Cup since I've started watching International football, get your facts right!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 28 2009, 05:09 PM) *
I was not!

We have not failed to make a World Cup since I've started watching International football, get your facts right!

Yeah yeah OK!
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 28 2009, 08:18 AM) *

ohh...good one tongue.gif
gal_kenny
In my aspect, i'll prefer to see Ashley young or Lennon than Beckham...
whoarethepatriots
Beckham has been horrendous since the Derby. If he is permanently signed then someone needs to be shot
dst
Milan closer to Becks deal
Monday 2 March, 2009

There are reports that Milan and Los Angeles Galaxy have agreed a deal to allow David Beckham to stay at San Siro until the end of the season.

Beckham has prospered on loan in Serie A and is determined to stay with Milan when his loan expires next week.

The two clubs have been discussing a permanent move, but talks seem to have stalled over the fee.

Los Angeles Galaxy allegedly want £10m for Beckham's permanent signature, but Milan will only offer £5m.

However, the latest reports in Italy suggest that an arrangement will be reached that will allow Beckham to stay with Milan until the end of the current campaign.

“The negotiations are progressing,” Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani confirmed on the Milan Channel.

“I'm hoping we will be able to get Beckham to stay here on loan until June 30.

“Then he would be able to return to Los Angeles and come back here in January. It's a complicated deal, but we believe in it.”

An official statement is expected soon and the final decision will be announced on March 7.

::channel4::

ohmy.gif WHAT?

Behold... the greatest show on Earth is in town... it's Galliani's circus AAA CCC MILLAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!

We can't be seriously trying to make such a deal! That's... damn it! sleep.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 2 2009, 03:35 PM) *
ohmy.gif WHAT?

Behold... the greatest show on Earth is in town... it's Galliani's circus AAA CCC MILLAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!

We can't be seriously trying to make such a deal! That's... damn it! sleep.gif

If were in uefa cup next season i think milan will be sold to sheiks. At the rate things are going someone will have to be made a scapegoat.

either carlo or berlu or players
Ro Rossonera
Ro and her critter are not pleased about these developments sad.gif
Tennie
Ohdear. Fishdoll isn't sure he'd like to confront an angry Ro-Critter. Just look at those long and sharp teeth!
MizNelson
If this "time-share" agreement we supposedly have with the Galaxy becomes reality, I swear someone in management should be shot at.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 2 2009, 06:32 PM) *
If this "time-share" agreement we supposedly have with the Galaxy becomes reality, I swear someone in management should be shot at.

will you do the honors? cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
I couldn't care less about next season. But we need him this season. Unless we'd like to see Senderos/Bonera play in the midfield as well.
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 2 2009, 06:32 PM) *
Ohdear. Fishdoll isn't sure he'd like to confront an angry Ro-Critter. Just look at those long and sharp teeth!

Fishdoll doesn't have anything to worry about right now...but Galliani and Co sure do
alcor805
Here in Los Angeles we're upset with Beckham. It's the beginning of our season and he's being a distraction from thousands of miles away. I wrote an article about how us Galaxy fans are going to react when he comes back. Feel free to pass this on to your AC Milan network of friends.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4823727_beckham-re...les-galaxy.html

kurtsimonw
I personally blame David Beckham for the decline of the Los Angeles Galaxy and the stagnation of the MLS in general.

I think this bit is a bit harsh.

It seems Landon Donovan is without blame in all of this, even though he went off to Europe as well. Is it Beckhams fault that Milan want to keep him? Not really. He's certainly raised the profile of football in the US, but some people didn't know what to expect from him and raised his expectations to an impossible level. I have one or two friend in alifornia who autmatically assumed that since Beckham is a great footballer, he was going to score stupid amounts of goals in every single game. 1 man doesn't make a team.
Zed.D
Is it Beckhams fault that Milan want to keep him?

I think Beckham wants to stay just as much! in fact I think Beckham needs Milan more than the other way around.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 4 2009, 06:11 AM) *
I think Beckham wants to stay just as much! in fact I think Beckham needs Milan more than the other way around.

I'm not sure about that to be honest. Beckham has all the money in the World and could easily move back to the Premier League if he's that desperate for first team football. The only reason he joined Milan was to stay in Fabio's plans while the MLS season was over, he doesn't 'need' Milan anymore.
MizNelson
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 3 2009, 10:17 PM) *
Beckham has all the money in the World and could easily move back to the Premier League if he's that desperate for first team football. The only reason he joined Milan was to stay in Fabio's plans while the MLS season was over, he doesn't 'need' Milan anymore.

Exactly.

Milan will not be serious about change as long as their fetish for used-up thirtysomethings continues.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2009, 12:18 PM) *
I think this bit is a bit harsh.

It seems Landon Donovan is without blame in all of this, even though he went off to Europe as well. Is it Beckhams fault that Milan want to keep him? Not really. He's certainly raised the profile of football in the US, but some people didn't know what to expect from him and raised his expectations to an impossible level. I have one or two friend in alifornia who autmatically assumed that since Beckham is a great footballer, he was going to score stupid amounts of goals in every single game. 1 man doesn't make a team.

They're called smarter friends. If you look around hard enough, you can usually find a few. And where the hell is Alifornia, sounds like some place out of LOTR.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 08:13 AM) *
They're called smarter friends. If you look around hard enough, you can usually find a few. And where the hell is Alifornia, sounds like some place out of LOTR.

The keyboard mis-spelled it, not me!
Jack Sparrow
And you blame Carlo for not taking responsibility. tongue.gif Hypocrite!
I_Rossoneri
It seems Becks is allowed to stay with us until the end of the season when he will go back to Galaxy and finish their season with them. He will then be able to come back to Milan in december for free. Apparently he has also taken a massive pay cut.
Ro Rossonera
Now is the time where I pack critter, in his critter taxi, and we head to Milanello where I will then unleash him to reek havoc on fester (Galliani) ... tongue.gif If I'm gone for a while you'll know why
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.