Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blues could tempt Ancelotti - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2
Warchant
AC Milan's organizing director Umberto Gandini has admitted their coach Carlo Ancelotti may be persuaded to take over at Chelsea in the summer.

Although Guus Hiddink is in talks about taking over at Stamford Bridge until the end of the season, Ancelotti is believed to be owner Roman Abramovich's top target to succeed Luiz Felipe Scolari in the long term.

Ancelotti, 49, the longest-serving manager in Serie A, turned down a move last season but Gandini admitted he may now reconsider - but not until the end of the current campaign.

Speaking in Geneva at the European Clubs' Association general assembly, Gandini said: "I cannot talk on behalf of Carlo but I don't think he would be interested in doing anything now.

"But if the position will be open in July then I think he might consider it.

"He did already have a chance to consider it when he was approached last summer."

Gandini said there had been no approach to Milan so far by Chelsea but that there was a good relationship between the two clubs.

He added: "I'm totally unaware of any approach or any desire by Chelsea and Mr Abramovich. If that is the case I am pretty sure it will be a very straight and open discussion between the two clubs.

"But it's absolutely impossible that AC Milan would make any adjustment to the squad or technical staff now."

Ancelotti is understood to have an agreement with AC Milan whereby he can move on from the club when he wants regardless of his contract.

Gandini added: "In the summer, at the end of the season I think all teams have to evaluate the situation, players and coaches as well. It is a brand new system and a brand new world so I cannot speculate on anything."

Ancelotti has won two Champions League trophies as AC Milan's coach - and won the European Cup twice as a player with the club.
kurtsimonw
I always did like Chelsea.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 10 2009, 08:04 PM) *
I always did like Chelsea.

Hahahahahaha laugh.gif
Zed.D
Good luck, Chelsea innocentsmily.gif
Jack Sparrow
I think you'd be very suprised. wink.gif If he goes, it will be interesting. My money's on him leaving. Either to Chelsea or Madrid.
RinoIlCapitano
Yep! He will go for sure in june! Even if I respect Carlo much i think this will be a possitive change for us! I hope for a positive shock! I also hope that Rijkard will take care of Milan, he is a former player and he knows what we aspect from him, he knows how everythink is working in MILAN!

The media also talk a lot about Leonardo, but i think he is doing his job very well and he should stay a scout for stars like pato!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 11 2009, 05:39 AM) *
I think you'd be very suprised. wink.gif If he goes, it will be interesting. My money's on him leaving. Either to Chelsea or Madrid.

Madrid? They didn't even give Capello the chance to stay after winning the title because his football was too boring. Ancelotti won't stand a chance, his football is boring and he won't win the league.
Zed.D
Agreed with Kurt. Chelsea have reached a point where all they want is success. I don't think they'd care if it meant they had to play Ancelotti's way. but Madrid? the reason behind sacking Capello was loud and clear: they want beautiful football+trophies. even if they take Carlo, they'll do the same to him after one season because I'm dead sure Carlo's football is not what they want.
Jack Sparrow
Well..for one it's not the old Prezzie anymore. And Milan have played beautiful football. It was just with this depleted team they're suffering. Even Ramos who played great with Sevilla is struggling with Madrid. I think the fans are sensible enough to see that.

However I do think Carlo will fit in Chelsea. His style of possession football is good enough to be considered 'beautiful'. He'll also get one of the most technically proficient teams around with the necessary amount of muscle.

Zed.D
Playing defensive minded football in the form of the Christmas tree is not considered beautiful in Spain.
kurtsimonw
I'm not sure on Ramos struggling. Not sure how up-to-date the stats were when I read them, but I read under Ramos Madrid have played 8, won 7, lost 1. The single defeat coming in Barcelona when he'd only been there a few days.
Zed.D
Silly me biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Was talking about his 'style' kurtiepoo. And before matters escalate...Shut up..I kill you!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 11 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Ancelotti won't stand a chance, his football is boring and he won't win the league.

(not that this has anything to do with the topic) you think Ancelotti's football is boring but Mourinho's is not? Man!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 11 2009, 11:07 PM) *
(not that this has anything to do with the topic) you think Ancelotti's football is boring but Mourinho's is not? Man!

Yep. Ancelotti plays a very narrow game and it doesn't really allow for much attacking football, it can be very dull. At least Jose plays with wingers who will generally play very exciting, attacking football. Not sure why people felt Jose played boring football, his Chelsea team used to win 3-0/4-0 quite regularly playing some incredible stuff.
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 12 2009, 04:07 AM) *

I don't think Carlo's brand is boring. It's a scared brand of tactics. dry.gif Which is what has lost us points in double digits over these last few years. Before that, before Istanbul 2005, Carlo played moderately attacking game, plus he had the players to boot. Now? No. It's one of the reasons why small teams like Regginas and Atalantas harp us before every game, because they're not scared, they know they're in with a chance.

Mourinho may be boring, but he gets in the results. We shall see whether his home game record that's well over 100 stands come this Sunday. It's far more easier said than done, going unbeaten at home with three overly different teams. Had we this record, the last two Scudettos would/could have been ours. FACT. It were those lost points home and away against small teams that hurt things.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 12 2009, 01:10 AM) *
Yep. Ancelotti plays a very narrow game and it doesn't really allow for much attacking football, it can be very dull. At least Jose plays with wingers who will generally play very exciting, attacking football. Not sure why people felt Jose played boring football, his Chelsea team used to win 3-0/4-0 quite regularly playing some incredible stuff.

They used to win 1-0 more regularly but it's not the score. Football is not goals, football is football.

Anyway... it's just personal opinion but for what it's worth, I think Ancelotti's football (with a healthy Milan) was significantly more pleasing than Jose's football (with a healthy Chelsea) and one of Europe's best. Right now, I can't watch Inter play but I don't think I would be able to stand Milan either if I was not a fan - with a few exceptions.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 11 2009, 11:24 PM) *
They used to win 1-0 more regularly but it's not the score. Football is not goals, football is football.

Well, football is goals, but I know what you're trying to say. They used to play very well and played very attacking football. Jose plays a very similar system to the one Barca use and I also find Barcelona a very entertaining team.

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 11 2009, 11:24 PM) *
Anyway... it's just personal opinion but for what it's worth, I think Ancelotti's football (with a healthy Milan) was significantly more pleasing than Jose's football (with a healthy Chelsea) and one of Europe's best. Right now, I can't watch Inter play but I don't think I would be able to stand Milan either if I was not a fan - with a few exceptions.

Just depends what you like I suppose. Jose plays very direct, quick football. I don't have time for al this pass it around the midfield just to keep posession rubbish.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 12 2009, 01:37 AM) *
Well, football is goals, but I know what you're trying to say. They used to play very well and played very attacking football. Jose plays a very similar system to the one Barca use and I also find Barcelona a very entertaining team.

If football is goals then by default a 0-0 game is a crappy one. I totally disagree with that. Jose's football and Barcelona's football are not even remotely close in my view. The system has nothing to do with it, on paper Milan play with three 10's and this season sometimes with four, it does not mean Milan play attacking football.
Zed.D
@ acid

Yes. until the Istanbul, Carlo was different. I guess that defeat changed him to the cautious coach he is now. point is, he changed, he is different now. he's not the coach he was in 2005.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 11 2009, 11:43 PM) *
If football is goals then by default a 0-0 game is a crappy one. I totally disagree with that. Jose's football and Barcelona's football are not even remotely close in my view. The system has nothing to do with it, on paper Milan play with three 10's and this season sometimes with four, it does not mean Milan play attacking football.

No, 0-0 means that nobody wins. Football is about goals.. the whole point of football is to score more than the opposition, surely you know this by now!

Milan doesn't play with 3/4"#10s" at all. blink.gif

The system has alot to do with it, that's how players know what their roles are, hus letting them know how to attack, etc. I personally find Jose's teams good to watch. I always had the time to watch his Chelsea teams play, because I liked how hey did it.
dst
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 12 2009, 01:46 AM) *
@ acid

Yes. until the Istanbul, Carlo was different. I guess that defeat changed him to the cautious coach he is now. point is, he changed, he is different now. he's not the coach he was in 2005.

I think also in 2006 Milan played great football. After that his team rapidly worsened but now that he has a competitive Milan in his hands again he's not producing anything great, neither in terms of results nor in terms of attractive football. I think what's hurting him and Milan more is immobility. Both parties would benefit from a change (a separation) I think.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 12 2009, 03:21 AM) *
I think also in 2006 Milan played great football. After that his team rapidly worsened but now that he has a competitive Milan in his hands again he's not producing anything great, neither in terms of results nor in terms of attractive football. I think what's hurting him and Milan more is immobility. Both parties would benefit from a change (a separation) I think.

2005-2006 or 2006-2007 ?
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 12 2009, 04:46 AM) *

And he's not the coach we deserve. smile.gif Unless he changes and gets his prior confidence back, no.

It's directly affecting us, his tactics and his choice of players. Sure there are players who are out of form, favor, are injured, and such, and they don't perform. But there should be no mercy for an Unmotivated XI - which is what I've seen more than once here at Milan. dry.gif It rubs off onto the players. A coach can take a mediocre team, and motivate it to the point that their performance improves, and vice versa with an all-star team like Milan. And besides, motivation is the only thing that separates teams in a league. If a team believes that it can land the first position, come the final week, only then can it go out and put up a worthy show. Just ask Kurt about Villa.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 12 2009, 01:49 AM) *
No, 0-0 means that nobody wins. Football is about goals.. the whole point of football is to score more than the opposition, surely you know this by now!

The system has alot to do with it, that's how players know what their roles are, hus letting them know how to attack, etc. I personally find Jose's teams good to watch. I always had the time to watch his Chelsea teams play, because I liked how hey did it.

I did not say football and goals are two separate things what I mean is football is football and my point is I've seen many great 0-0's and many mediocre 3-0's and 4-0's.

Milan play with Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka and sometimes Ronaldinho too. All of them are 10's, that's not something that's in question. And that's exactly why the players or a set-up don't have much to do with actual play. Seedorf and Pirlo are 10's but they would still be 10's if they were played as goalkeepers... it's not what they are, it's what they do.

I told you what I think about systems.
4-3-3 is not by default an attacking system. It's how the players in each position attack and defend that make it offensive or defensive. If I tell the widemen upfront to stay on the line and follow the opposing team's full-backs all the time it's certainly not attacking on the field, it's only attacking on paper.

It's fine by me what you like it's just I find it hard to realize you think Jose's is attractive and Ancelotti's was not.
dst
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 12 2009, 01:56 AM) *
2005-2006 or 2006-2007 ?

Good question... biggrin.gif 05-06 is what I meant.
elcordobez
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 12 2009, 10:49 AM) *

I think with Jose's teams(Chelsea/Inter) they had goalscorers who could whip up excellent goals,i think that's the main attraction of his tactics not necessarily the formation and setup itself,because evidently when they weren't producing those magical moments the general flow of play seems very dry and doesn't allow for much creativity.

RE:The topic of this thread i think we should give Ancelotti one more season.When our new players like Thiago Silva/Flamini have settled in that is practically half of our defensive problems solved because they can be ROCK solid in their departments.We'll hopefully go into the market and buy another striker then we'll be set.

pandan_wangi
i'd rather see ancelotti in roma than chelsea..

chelsea don't respect their coach...
Rossoneri7
Seems as though Carlo is staying .. From the report on FI .. Anyways, I doubt Carlo would leave, unless he doesn't win something this season he is out the door.

But I doubt he would take another club, he would most likely go for a national team ..
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 12 2009, 07:06 PM) *
Seems as though Carlo is staying .. From the report on FI .. Anyways, I doubt Carlo would leave, unless he doesn't win something this season he is out the door.

But I doubt he would take another club, he would most likely go for a national team ..

we could swap him with Lippi smile.gif
pandan_wangi
Lippi is a great choice..smile.gif

too bad coz he's not former milan player...biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
AND he's a former Inter coach...
CrazyMilanFan
meadiaset is running a whole story abt carlo to real as perez is using carlo and Cr7/kaka for his election stuff and to add to that there is supposes to be a meeting of carlo and gallaini to discuss all this on saturday
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 13 2009, 09:39 AM) *

unsuccessful inter coach so could be a huge success for milan smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif Fair point. I think he's too Juve though. I doubt if he will come after the whole Moggi thing.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 13 2009, 09:39 AM) *

Pirlo and Seedorf are ex inter players...

And Abbiatti apparently chanted "stand up if you hate Milan" while he was playing for Juve.
Jack Sparrow
I didn't say it wouldn't work. I was just not sure if he'd come with the history involved.
Fillipo Simone
Lippi? Excellent coach. Stated about a 100 times he's not interested in Milan. Current Italy coach. Ex-Juve and Inter coach. Do we need to go on?
Jack Sparrow
^^

Err...yeah my point exactly. Except I was not sure about the number. I thought maybe it was only 97 times he'd stated the same. So I didn't bring it up. tongue.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 16 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Lippi? Excellent coach. Stated about a 100 times he's not interested in Milan. Current Italy coach. Ex-Juve and Inter coach. Do we need to go on?

And Don Fabio always said he would never manage Juve...
Rivaldo
Carletto per sempre!))

We don't need him go away...cos his place will be given to someone like Donadoni and....Hello Serie B!
Jack Sparrow
How long before Marco learns the moves?

Anyone seen Ajax play? Has it been the team which is bad, or is Ajax underperforming? Of course, MvB won't coach Milan..as long as Zee is here.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 17 2009, 06:16 AM) *
How long before Marco learns the moves?

Anyone seen Ajax play? Has it been the team which is bad, or is Ajax underperforming? Of course, MvB won't coach Milan..as long as Zee is here.

Yep, Ajax was bad. Typicall crisis team - one match they trash 4-0, the next one they get trashed 0-4. No stability, no defense, no game-plan. So far, Marco has been more then just awfull... sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
And it's not the player's fault. It's the coach is it? Another case of a great player..not a good coach?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 17 2009, 11:00 AM) *
And it's not the player's fault. It's the coach is it? Another case of a great player..not a good coach?

Maybe. But then again, the Ajax players aren't what they used to be. Of course, like allways it's a team of youngsters that potentially could become great.

I think Marco misses maybe an experienced assist-coach. Denis Bergkamp and Rob Witschge sure were great players, but bear the same problem Marco already has.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Feb 16 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Carletto per sempre!))

We don't need him go away...cos his place will be given to someone like Donadoni and....Hello Serie B!

I think Carlo has an excellent rapport with everyone involved in the whole Milan structure. He has the backing of the hierarchy and he has the full support of his squad. The team would do anything for this coach, he has brought the team a lot of glory eight trophies in eight years on the bench of Milan, not a shabby record, especially considering the number of trophies the coaches that have passed Milan by before his time on the bench.

Even with that said, he needs to win something this season, or it might just be his last. Again that depends on the excellent rapport deteriorating; either with the team or the hierarchy of the club.

I, personally, have a very high opinion of him and consider him one of the best three coaches that have coached Milan in the Bersluconi era and fear that if he moves no coach could replicate his 3 CL finals within 5 years. His record in Europe is something to admire. Then you have his ingenuity of turning whatever team he was given into a real contender with no complaints about bad eggs and good eggs innocent.gif . Also I doubt that the new coach will change a lot within the team and probably cause some imbalances. Then again, he could go on and win the double innocent.gif

Still Carlo has left a very big impression on the San Siro crowed and they all consider him one of them. And if he leaves, I see him as a very successful coach anywhere he goes.
Jack Sparrow
Well my expectations of Carlo from this season are still on track. I didn't really think we had a chance for the double.

If he doesn't screw up too badly this season, I'd like him to play out his contract and then leave on great terms. This would leave the board with one whole year to find a proper coach and pull strings to make him available rather than going through that whole Chez Maldini interim coach thing. Nothing against Chez, just hate the idea of interim coaches.

A new coach, might have an immediate honeymoon period, but it's how much stability he can offer that counts. Which is why, if Carlo is leaving at the end of the contract on good terms and it's all known beforehand, there's less chances of the team being unhappy about anything and/or the stability being affected.

I think for next season, both Maldini and Carlo leaving would rock the boat a bit. But of course, if we were to fail miserably in our objectives (no CL, UEFA knockout)...then there is no excuse at all.
Rossoneri7
He has to win something, that is for sure ... And of course, I don't doubt that there might be a chance of success for the incoming coach, its just that Athena was like a rush for me when he resurrected Istanbul. That I find it hard for another coach to really leave an impact of that magnitude.

And maybe Carlo fails to win and arrives with just a CL place to show for at the end of this season. He could stay on, and finish everything off in good terms. It's something that Milan are famous for, to stay loyal to the one who has served you.
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 17 2009, 03:01 PM) *
I think Carlo has an excellent rapport with everyone involved in the whole Milan structure.

Of course he is... he does not demand players... that's why Milan will only sign a family member as coach when he's gone. Family is one side of the coin... the other is dutiful doggy!
Rossoneri7
Well, if your implying they should bring in someone like Mourinho ? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.