Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pompey in for Emerson, says agent
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
Portsmouth have launched an audacious bid to sign AC Milan's former Brazil midfielder Emerson, according to the player's agent.

The experienced midfielder has seen first-team opportunities hard to come by this season and was left out of Carlo Ancelotti's squad for the weekend victory at Bologna, fuelling rumours he is set for an imminent departure.

His availability is sure to attract interest from a clutch of clubs, with his impressive CV boasting numerous league titles and international honours.

Pompey are reportedly hoping they can persuade the 32-year-old to move to England, with contact having already been made with the player's agent Vincenzo Morabito.

"We are negotiating on behalf of Portsmouth, and Milan are ready to sell," claimed Morabito in the Daily Mirror.

"We must consider that the player's contract will run out next June.

"It remains to be seen what his decision will be.

"A one-and-a-half-year contract would probably suit him."

Portsmouth boss Tony Adams has admitted a midfielder and a striker top his wish list before the January transfer window slams shut, with a move for Emerson expected to be complemented by a loan approach for Real Madrid's Argentina international Javier Saviola.

"I would still like a midfielder and a striker and hopefully we can get them in this week - we need some bodies," said Adams.

"We have a budget here. I do not have £40million to spend and most of the work will be done in the summer."
pacang

he used to be our "MR X" two seasons ago.. can that reason rise his price?
acid911
What are you waiting for, you ******, you? angry.gif Pompey, please do us a favor and take him! This way he'll at least play some matches regularly, while at the same time free us of a spot so we can give it to Mr. Beckham (I still don't feel right saying Becks and Milan in the same sentence).

Good time, for both parties, in my opinion.
mallamkay
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 27 2009, 09:37 PM) *
What are you waiting for, you ******, you? angry.gif Pompey, please do us a favor and take him! This way he'll at least play some matches regularly, while at the same time free us of a spot so we can give it to Mr. Beckham (I still don't feel right saying Becks and Milan in the same sentence).

Good time, for both parties, in my opinion.

let him go so Gourcof can come back
acid911
QUOTE (mallamkay @ Jan 30 2009, 04:00 PM) *
let him go so Gourcof can come back

Gourcuff is not coming back. mellow.gif We can still get rid of Emerson, though.
Rivaldo
I heard about Espanyol interesting in Emo))
PatitoFeo
Someone approached us about buying Emerson? Wow. All this time fretting about how to dump his salary, and along comes Pompy
il_diavolo_mtl
If only we were that lucky... dry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 17 2009, 08:26 PM) *
If only we were that lucky...

Best first post in the history of first posts! biggrin.gif Welcome, mate.
il_diavolo_mtl
hahahahahaha thanks alot.
As you could imagine this thread was the first to draw my attention for its obvious suggestion that there is an almighty god and he may ironically be a fan of the divolo lol tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 18 2009, 12:29 AM) *
hahahahahaha thanks alot.
As you could imagine this thread was the first to draw my attention for its obvious suggestion that there is an almighty god and he may ironically be a fan of the divolo lol

biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.