Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Milan negotiating to keep David Beckham
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Warchant
MILAN, Italy (AP) - AC Milan plans to meet with David Beckham's agents to see if the former England captain can get out of his contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy and stay with the Serie A club.

"If Beckham reaches an agreement with the Galaxy, we are prepared to pay a fee," Milan vice president Adriano Galliani said Tuesday. "We will meet with his representatives in the next few days."

Beckham is on a two-month loan from the Galaxy and is due to return to Major League Soccer on March 9.

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid player scored his first goal for Milan in Sunday's 4-1 victory over Bologna.

"If he decides to free himself and wants to (stay), we will welcome him with open arms, but he belongs to another club and we've got to thank them because they were very kind with us," Galliani said, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport Web site.

"On March 9, his contract (with Milan) is up and we don't want to slight anyone. (Beckham) wants to stay with us, but he also knows that he has to go back to America."

Beckham has started all three of Milan's matches since he arrived, and the Rossoneri have beaten AS Roma, Fiorentina and Bologna.

England coach Fabio Capello will attend Milan's match against Genoa on Wednesday to assess Beckham's form.

"Barring any unforeseen changes in his schedule, he will be at the San Siro," Capello's son and manager, Pierfilippo, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Beckham is hoping to be called up by Capello for a friendly against Spain on Feb. 11 and equal Bobby Moore's record of 108 England appearances for an outfield player.

"Beckham wrote me a message after the Bologna game," Capello's assistant, Franco Baldini, told the Gazzetta. "He was happy about the goal and I told him he's got to continue this way."

Beckham's ultimate goal is to make England's team for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Warchant
i'm actually more concerned with what this will do to MLS's image than Milan.

it will either do nothing or the world will think of us as even more of a joke.

personally, i think it can help us move past the beckham era and force teams to buy good players that will actually do something for the team rather than cause a circus.
Tennie
(Not if any club lets Alexi Lalas be their managing director, Warchant. He's to thank for the circus at LA.)

I still am not particularly happy that this player is at Milan - not changing my stance there - but even I will admit that he's got a strong work ethic and that he REALLY wants to represent his country, both of which are laudable things. I also think he's been far, far better playing for Milan than he ever was in LA.

(If the scary wife and personality cult would just...stay far away, I don't think I'd have that much of a problem with him).
pacang

all this after a single goal? which Seedorf most probably can score on his own?

wow, that was quick..
kurtsimonw
Very disappointed. He is here for 3 months and we should respect that, not good enough.
acid911
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 28 2009, 12:26 AM) *
"On March 9, his contract (with Milan) is up and we don't want to slight anyone".

On March 5, my contract (with Rapidshare.com) is up too! biggrin.gif Will probably have to get a new account or extend it. Boy, I love my Rapidshare Premium account, and surely I can't live without it.

QUOTE (pacang @ Jan 28 2009, 01:35 AM) *
all this after a single goal? which Seedorf most probably can score on his own?
wow, that was quick..

Welcome to AC Milan. smile.gif Hope you enjoy your stay.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 28 2009, 01:55 AM) *
Very disappointed. He is here for 3 months and we should respect that, not good enough.

Come to think of it, my account with Rapidshare was also for 3 months. tongue.gif I'll probably respect that more than Milan in this case.
Habitant
i have nothing against him, he just doesnt belong here.
Tennie
Fishdoll is going to demand another jersey if #32 stays. Maybe Marchisio (a young ITALIAN who's being given time and who is doing well, ahem).
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 27 2009, 11:37 AM) *
I also think he's been far, far better playing for Milan than he ever was in LA.

*enters old fart mode*

Beckham wasn't even the best player on the Galaxy, who stunk even after his arrival by finishing below .500 (not counting draws) and missing the playoffs.

If he was serious about playing competitive football in the U.S., which he wasn't, he'd have shopped himself to other teams besides L.A. Instead, he and the wife seemed more interested in rubbing elbows with celebrities.
I_Rossoneri
Becks' Milan D-day approaches

There are reports in the English Press that David Beckham has just six days to decide whether he wants to stay with Milan.

The England international is on loan from LA Galaxy and is due to return to the MLS outfit on March 8.

However, Beckham has settled in quickly at Milan and it has been reported that the midfielder is keen to stay on longer at San Siro.

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has admitted his desire to sign Beckham on a permanent basis and the ball is in Beckham's court.

According to reports in The Sun, Beckham has just six days to make his final decision because he cannot extend his loan deal and must compete a permanent move before the transfer window closes.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan28a.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't see galliani sealing this deal in just 6 days.
Jack Sparrow
Not gonna happen this season I don't think. We'll have to see though. If he comes in, we're definitely losing Gourcuff. Even if Emo goes!
I_Rossoneri
According to Sky sports Becks is unsure whether to stay at Galaxy or sign for Milan.

Edit: They're now saying he's tempted but has a big decision to make.
Jack Sparrow
I know. Soccernet has also got an article saying we can purchase him for 4.5 million next summer, if LA don't play ball now.

Seems his 'wages' was all sponsorship deals, which adidas would be glad to continue paying to have him pose next to Kaka. Milan will do what they did with R80. Complete ownership of image rights.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 28 2009, 12:36 PM) *
I know. Soccernet has also got an article saying we can purchase him for 4.5 million next summer, if LA don't play ball now.

Seems his 'wages' was all sponsorship deals, which adidas would be glad to continue paying to have him pose next to Kaka. Milan will do what they did with R80. Complete ownership of image rights.

I think that Becks will force a move but the main problem is that his family are settling in America. The next few days will be very interesting.
Jack Sparrow
I'd rather he didn't come this season, it would just create such a ruckus of dishonesty and Milan arm-twisting. But at the same time if Emerson is going out, then we need him in the squad so... unsure.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 28 2009, 12:58 PM) *
I'd rather he didn't come this season, it would just create such a ruckus of dishonesty and Milan arm-twisting. But at the same time if Emerson is going out, then we need him in the squad so... unsure.gif

Thing is the only person I have heard complain so far is Arena, I can't remember hearing Galaxy issuing any condemnation of Milan. Galliani has also said we will only go for Becks if Becks wants it and Galaxy are happy with it so can't really see any problems.
kurtsimonw
If it were to most other teams, I don't think Mrs. Beckham would have been fond of a permanent move away from LA, but since the destination will be Milan, I'm sure even she probably won't mind!

I would love Beckham in Milan permanently.. then it wouldn't feel such a waste getting the shirt with his name on it!
Rivaldo
At the end of the season....not longer...or we loose Flamini
Bluesummers
beckham has been playing well for us. I wouldn't mind him staying with us. The way he played showd he can last for another 2-3 years.

But at what cost are we keeping him? Flamini gourcuff emerson?

Hard decision.
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 28 2009, 11:50 PM) *

The bolded ones. smile.gif Probably.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 28 2009, 07:50 PM) *
beckham has been playing well for us. I wouldn't mind him staying with us. The way he played showd he can last for another 2-3 years.

Hard decision.

If one midfielder means the elimination of 3 others then I have to conclude that neither of the 3 named is as complete as Beckham.

But I don't agree we have to push out anyone. Only if Flamini insists on playing first team. And that he just does not deserve in this moment.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 28 2009, 02:58 PM) *
But at the same time if Emerson is going out, then we need him in the squad so... unsure.gif

Emerson has been negative in every single game he's played you cannot seriously be considering him as someone we will miss. It was even proved against Lazio in the Cup that a 10-man Milan without him is better than a Milan XI with him in.
nuh
i want him to come to milan he is very good and he has a big heart so i hope he stays here
he has the passing of prilo no better then pirlo and he has the heart of gattuso
elcordobez
Well i think Becks missus has always had a significant pull on his career so she might be calling the shots on this one,from a footballing perspective there's no reason to go back
i mean c'mon going back to stuff like this

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XqTqyc-YBC0&...feature=related
and this
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc09yuc07YI
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9UQXvrCHw

I've seen dirty play before but that stuff is really something else.
Warchant
you've got to realize that most of these players probably don't want Beckham in their league.

I'm not trying to justify their actions, but a lot of these MLS players have earned their spot on their teams because of hard work. And then this guy comes in an automatically takes all the fame and attention away from every other player and puts it on himself.

plus, this is their shot to show him that he's not going to just walk into the MLS and get treated like a king.

most of it, i think, is bitterness.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 29 2009, 09:10 PM) *
you've got to realize that most of these players probably don't want Beckham in their league.

That's no problem then, because they're not even close to being in Beckhams league. cool.gif
I_Rossoneri
No need to bid for Becks

The Italian Football Association has confirmed to Sky Sports News that AC Milan would not have to bid for David Beckham before the transfer window closes at 5pm on Monday.

They also confirmed Beckham is registered with them until a loan agreement with AC Milan expires on June 30th.

However a separate agreement is still in place, between all parties, which says Beckham will return to LA Galaxy on March the 9th.

Beckham has been with Milan since the turn of the year, scoring twice in four appearances for the Rossoneri.

His future has become the subject of much conjecture of late, with Milan seeking to keep him in Italy and LA Galaxy keen to see him return to the United States.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11863_4871730,00.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we have longer than 4 days then! cool.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jan 29 2009, 05:06 PM) *
No need to bid for Becks

The Italian Football Association has confirmed to Sky Sports News that AC Milan would not have to bid for David Beckham before the transfer window closes at 5pm on Monday.

They also confirmed Beckham is registered with them until a loan agreement with AC Milan expires on June 30th.

However a separate agreement is still in place, between all parties, which says Beckham will return to LA Galaxy on March the 9th.

Beckham has been with Milan since the turn of the year, scoring twice in four appearances for the Rossoneri.

His future has become the subject of much conjecture of late, with Milan seeking to keep him in Italy and LA Galaxy keen to see him return to the United States.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11863_4871730,00.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we have longer than 4 days then! cool.gif

Thats like sex on a beach. Great news IRo
Rivaldo
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 29 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Emerson has been negative in every single game he's played you cannot seriously be considering him as someone we will miss.

He was the best when came from the bench Milan-Sampdoria tongue.gif innocent.gif
Jack Sparrow
+ With Rino out, and if Beckham were to go, it would mean we have only Flamini, Pirlo and Ambro are mid-fielders, coz I don't think Cardaccio will play much of a role.
acid911
QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Jan 30 2009, 02:48 PM) *
He was the best when came from the bench Milan-Sampdoria

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Maybe Emerson had something personal against Sampdoria?! Hehe.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 30 2009, 03:25 PM) *
+ With Rino out, and if Beckham were to go, it would mean we have only Flamini, Pirlo and Ambro are mid-fielders, coz I don't think Cardaccio will play much of a role.

A Frenchman by the name that starts with G. sleep.gif Sure would have come in handy! I can only pray we don't get any more injuries. Not even one. Not even half.
Jack Sparrow
Well the French kid wouldn't come this season so... Next season if Emo wants to leave we can cope, coz Rino will be back as well.
Tennie
The transfer window for Beckham is a little weird. It's not the same deadline as it would be if LA were playing in Europe. The rule for transfer windows has to do with transfer windows in the league of the loaning club (in this case, LA), not the club where the player is being loaned to (in this case, Milan).

I am happy to admit that I was wrong about this particular transfer. Beckham has played well and has shown a lot of commitment to helping the team since he's been at Milan.
kurtsimonw
£14m is being mentioned on the back of some papers. Now I like Beckham alot and he's played very well since he's joined, but if we spend £14m on him, somebody needs shooting.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 3 2009, 01:27 PM) *
The transfer window for Beckham is a little weird. It's not the same deadline as it would be if LA were playing in Europe. The rule for transfer windows has to do with transfer windows in the league of the loaning club (in this case, LA), not the club where the player is being loaned to (in this case, Milan).

I think a Lega Calcio official said the loan deal for Beckham expires in June, as is normal. That's why there's this agreement between the two clubs to release the player earlier.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 3 2009, 01:47 PM) *
£14m is being mentioned on the back of some papers. Now I like Beckham alot and he's played very well since he's joined, but if we spend £14m on him, somebody needs shooting.

I don't know... it's quite a lot... but I don't think it's too much. Probably E10m should be the limit though.
Jack Sparrow
10 million? Yeah..well I suppose. As long as it's only 10 million...and not another 5 in pay outs. Give him image rights if you like.
elcordobez
Does anyone know his current wage bill with LA ? I've read different numbers from all over the place.
Jack Sparrow
It's not a lot. About 6 million USD. I mean it is a lot, but compared to Kaka's bill, not much. The larger figures are sponsorship deals with adidas etc, which Milan will let him have.
CrazyMilanFan
yea but beckham sponsor deal woul dhave earned him more than 100 million mark till his contract ends till 2011 i think
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 3 2009, 02:56 PM) *
yea but beckham sponsor deal woul dhave earned him more than 100 million mark till his contract ends till 2011 i think

IIRC Becks contract was worth £128m over five years(This included his image rights).

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 3 2009, 12:06 PM) *
I think a Lega Calcio official said the loan deal for Beckham expires in June, as is normal. That's why there's this agreement between the two clubs to release the player earlier.

You are correct, the reason we have time is because the loan deal ends in june but there was a gentlemans agreement between the clubs that Becks would return in march.

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 3 2009, 12:06 PM) *
I don't know... it's quite a lot... but I don't think it's too much. Probably E10m should be the limit though.

I think £10m is probably about right, but to soften the deal we will have to pay a bit more. If Becks can continue this form then it's money well spent, plus he will sell shirts so we can recoup some of that back.
Warchant
If LA were smart they would sale him and go out and buy players that would actually make the team better.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Warchant @ Feb 3 2009, 07:13 PM) *
If LA were smart they would sale him and go out and buy players that would actually make the team better.

Personally I think they're trying to prove a point.
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 3 2009, 06:47 AM) *
but if we spend £14m on him, somebody needs shooting.

Oooo I want that job! tongue.gif lol jk
Fillipo Simone
Mediaset's saying Milan could sell Gourcuff in order to get Becks.

Now I'm all ear...

acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 4 2009, 02:20 PM) *

Huh. dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
Mediaset is just drawing up all the options Milan have. Actually I think with Beckham in, it gives a real chance for Gourcuff in the side. Something like...

--------Emerson------
--Andy P----Spice Boy--
-------Kuffkuff----------
----------------Kaka (as SS)
-------Pato/Borriello-------

For the days when Zee is not fully fit, yet still has to play coz R80 can't defend for shite. Has anyone seen Kuffkuff play for Bordeaux. I don't mean just the highlights package. Has his defending play improved?

rolleyes.gif Selling Kuffkuff to buy Beckham doesn't make sense. Beckham would pay for his own transfer fee in a year and a half, less if he performs like he has been (which is very very doubtful..sooner or later the Milan mentality sinks in tongue.gif )

@Filippo: Peter Sellers??!! cool.gif Birdie Num Nums! laugh.gif
Rivaldo
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 4 2009, 10:20 AM) *

It's possimle only in Milan - sell 22 years old player to buy 33 years old....

Omg...
Tennie
Well, Bordeaux has already stated that they're probably going to exercise the 15 million clause in the Gourcuff loan and buy him anyway so the likelihood of Gourcuff returning wasn't all that great to begin with. The deal with Bordeaux requires them to pay the 15 million by the end of April.

The Mediaset story says that Barca have asked about Gourcuff and that if Bordeaux decides not to pay up, they could sell Gourcuff to Barca instead.
dst
Jack... for ****s sake... you included Emerson in that line-up. Quit that will ya?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.