Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting over: Beckham, wife arrive in Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
MILAN, Italy (AP) - David Beckham arrived in Milan on Saturday, awaiting the start of his three-month loan to AC Milan and bringing with him a healthy dose of celebrity buzz.

The former England captain took a physical in the morning and passed easily, according to Italian news agencies. He will be on loan from the Los Angeles Galaxy until March, when the Major League Soccer season resumes.

Beckham, who cannot play competitive games with AC Milan until the transfer window opens in January, will greet fans Sunday ahead of AC Milan's match against Udinese. The midfielder also will reportedly meet Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who owns AC Milan.

For Beckham the work of resuming his playing career will start after the Christmas holidays when he joins his new teammates at a training camp in Dubai on Dec. 29.

Beckham is joining a Milan team that is tied for third in the Italian league. He wants to stay in shape and potentially prolong his career with England's national team during the MLS offseason.

After his medical, Beckham went to meet his pop-star wife Victoria at the Four Seasons Hotel in the heart of Milan's exclusive shopping district, just steps from the Versace and Armani fashion houses.

"Posh Spice" has recently signed as the spokeswoman for the new Armani lingerie line.

Italian newspapers reported the couple was lunching with representatives of competing fashion house Dolce&Gabbana, which was said to have sent over a wardrobe selection for Victoria ahead of the evening news conference at San Siro Stadium.

However, not everyone is enamored with Beckham's arrival. AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso said he doesn't understand the point of Beckham's temporary move.

"This Beckham thing seems very strange to me. Perhaps it would've been better and more right if he stayed for the whole season and signed a proper contract," Gattuso said this week. "To be here for six weeks to two months seems pretty strange."
MizNelson
Eh. Wake me when this whole Becks lovefest is over.
kurtsimonw
He deserves his chance, just like anyone else. I haven't seen much of him in LA, but he was a major part of Madrids La Liga winning season under Capello. I for one am happy to see him here, and we finally have someone he knows how to cross a ball. rolleyes.gif
MizNelson
I have nothing against Becks. I just take umbrage with the fact that his arrival to Milan has nothing at all to do with his on-pitch abilities.
kurtsimonw
We turning into a certain Spanish team that everybody dislikes so much!
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 20 2008, 07:46 PM) *
I for one am happy to see him here, and we finally have someone he knows how to cross a ball. rolleyes.gif

Sad but true !! im getting flash backs of Oddo's crossing for some reason dry.gif
xcube
i think The Conversation between Beck's & victoria which made him come to milan is:

Beck's: vicky, dont you think it would be sexy to me if i can talk italian. ?

Vicky: yeah, we could go shopping and you could model to some fancy italian designer.

Beck's: Thats cool yeah so, What do you think which team to go to ?

Vicky: Humm, Ac Milan! i heard the wear Dolce & Gabbana suit.

Beck's: Really! Thats Cool. sure i want that.

Vicky: We will be sexy in milan dont we baby ?!

Beck's: we are Baby.

Beck's: So, we should call the managers in Ac Milan.

Vicky: Yes were going to Milan.

Thats the short conversation between the Beck's Family.

Merry XMas and Happy NEW Year laugh.gif
Rivaldo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.