Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Learning Italian With David Beckham
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Zed.D
Goal.com Special: Learning Italian With David Beckham

David Beckham might remember a little Spanish from his stint with Real Madrid, but Italian is a different Latin language. Goal.com lends AC Milan-bound Becks a helping hand.

It's important for anyone, even someone as famous as David Beckham, to try to fit in with peers in the workplace. However, this task gets a little complicated when there's a language difference, as will be the case when Beckham joins AC Milan on a loan deal from the Los Angeles Galaxy.

Goal.com understands this issue, and we've utilized our international resources to help Beckham out with useful Italian phrases that can help him throughout his loan stint. He'll need to start practicing soon, as he is due to be presented by the club this Saturday.

We've compiled a list of ten phrases both social and vital to an Englishman on a soccer adventure in Italy. After all, what's the beautiful Italian language for if not to praise Fabio Capello, call for a ball, and ask for tea?

1) Scusa, Pirlo, tiro io questa punzione.

Excuse me, Pirlo, I'll take this free kick.

2) Mi dispiace bella, sono sposato. Ma Pato non รจ . . .

Sorry, beautiful, I'm married. But Pato isn't . . .

3) Sono sicuro che fai un caffe espresso molto buono, ma riesci a farmi un te?

I'm sure you make a very good espresso, but can you make me a spot of tea?

4) Per favore, posso restare qui al Milan?

Please can I stay here at Milan?

5) Signore Capello e' un grand'uomo, un uomo importante, un uomo intelligente. E anche bello.

Mr. Capello is a great man, an important man, an intelligent man. And good-looking, too.

6) E' strano, ma Pippo Inzaghi e' molto meglio di Alan Gordon.

It's strange, but Pippo Inzaghi is much better than Alan Gordon.

7) Dove' il negozio di Armani?

Where's the Armani store?

8) Aspetta. Veramente vi piaceva Ruud Gullit?

Hang on. You guys actually liked Ruud Gullit?

9) Non sono qui solo per vendere magliette. Non sono qui solo per vendere magliette. Non sono qui solo...

I'm not here just to sell jerseys. I'm not here just to sell jerseys. I'm not here just...

10) Dai, ragazzi - datemi il pallone!

Come on, guys - pass me the ball!

What other phrases may come in handy for the superstar? Please leave your suggestions below...

Andrea Canales and Greg Lalas, Goal.com USA.
Link

laugh.gif laugh.gif Good one, goal.com USA.
woody
Hahah

Hillarious
Tennie
+1 cookie to goal.com. Classic!
TriniKing_CE
See, goal.com has its uses...unsure.gif
comedy purposes, (directly & indirectly) laugh.gif
Warchant
great post
weeeow
laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
That was brilliant.
Fillipo Simone
Haha, really good stuff..
MizNelson
Funny stuff. Who knew Goal.com had it in them?
Rivaldo
xcube
Beck's Talking italian OMG Vicky will be happy LOL i dont know what she want him to be MR Universe Competition
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.