Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti Stays Defiant
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2
novfan
Ancelotti stays defiant, ‘Winter break will do us good’

MILAN: AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti refused to rule his side out of the Serie A title race after a 4-2 defeat at Juventus on Sunday.

Milan, who were without the injured Kaka, Mathieu Flamini and Gennaro Gattuso, are now nine points behind leaders Inter Milan and three behind second-placed Juve after 16 games.

The Rossoneri, only fifth last season, host faltering Udinese next weekend before a mid-season break when David Beckham joins on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy.

“I think there will definitely be a reaction to this defeat.

“The winter break will be useful as we will get some players back,” former Juve boss Ancelotti told Sky.

“From a defensive point of view, we gave them too much. We started the game really well.

“We’ve had a lot of injuries and been without some important players.”

Brazilian-born striker Amauri, signed for €22.8mil (US$30.3mil) from Palermo in the close season having played for Chievo among others, grabbed two of Juve’s goals.

Juve coach Claudio Ranieri was thrilled with the 28-year-old, who is waiting for an Italian passport and may make himself available for Italy boss Marcello Lippi having never been called up by Brazil.

“I expected it as the club paid lots of money for him. Amauri arrived at the right time, he has gained experience around Italy and has matured before joining us. He is doing great things,” Ranieri beamed.

“We knew Milan would start strongly and we suffered a lot in the first 10 minutes but I had faith.” — Reuters
kurtsimonw
I agree with him.

The break at winter will give our injured players time to rest up, and give the squad as a whole a bit of rest in general. Hopefully we may see a few new faces in the Winter transfer window and we can push on for the rest of the season.
Tennie
For what it's worth, Milan traditionally play better after the winter sosta than before.
mishie
Hope springs eternal and i wonder if a new arrival or 2 other than Mr.Beckham may be in the offing wink.gif
Rossoneri7
Though Milan have currently spread some distance between 3rd and 1st place .. And the odds have been stacked against Milan at the moment (considering the current state of the team /injuries etc ..), it seems like a moutain climb, considering both inter and Juve are in form now. But I believe this break is exactly what Milan needs, a recharge of batteries for the final push.
MizNelson
Too bad we're not going to Malta again instead of Dubai. That year we did, I believe we won the CL.
Tennie
And han's penguins could get us some great pictures too....
Fillipo Simone
Winter always gives us a boost.
dst
I agree with what you said.

As for Amauri... how hard is to score when nobody's trying to stop you?
Jack Sparrow
It annoys the hell out of me, when they call him the former Juve coach. He's been here 7 years for god's sakes. He was in Juve for half that time. He's Milan coach period.

Call Mourinho former-Chelsea coach, that makes sense. Stupid reporters! dry.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 17 2008, 04:08 AM) *
It annoys the hell out of me, when they call him the former Juve coach. He's been here 7 years for god's sakes. He was in Juve for half that time. He's Milan coach period.

Call Mourinho former-Chelsea coach, that makes sense. Stupid reporters! dry.gif

Ahhh, don't get angry, it's does stupid phrases abd journalistic tricks. Like when they say former Madrid director Arrigo Sacchi... mad.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Goal.com)
Carlo Ancelotti's Heart Belongs To AC Milan, Not Chelsea
The Milan boss reiterates his desire to stay at the San Siro...
28 Feb 2009 20:21:21

AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti has vowed to honour his contract with the club, rather than leave to manage Chelsea in the summer as many are expecting him to do.

The 49-year-old's contract ends in 2010 and it is thought that the club will not be renewing it when it runs out, with former Brazilian star Leonardo set to take charge at the San Siro.

Ancelotti's Milan have struggled in the last couple of seasons, only managing to qualify for the UEFA Cup last season and being knocked out by German side Werder Bremen earlier this week.

That result has left Ancelotti's job on a knife edge, and speculation has suggested that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to employ him as manager of the Blues next season when Guus Hiddink's short-term contract runs out.

Ancelotti remains committed to getting Milan into the Champions League for next season, and he refused to comment on the possibility of his taking over at Chelsea.

Speaking to Setanta Sports, Ancelotti said, "I’ve been hearing my name linked to other teams for five years.
"As a consequence, it’s not a surprise to hear all those whispers, but my desire is to stay at Milan.

"From now on the team will do everything to qualify for the next Champions League.

"You can feel their motivation when you stare the players in the eyes."

The former Juventus coach is one of a number of big-hitters linked to the job at Stamford Bridge, with many fans hoping that Jose Mourinho will be heading back to London.

This latest fecal material brought to you by Goal.com. Sorry, Jack, he's called "former Juventus coach" in this one as well.
Bluesummers
no thanks, please leave. Thank you for everything, but we need a coach who can do better than 3/4/5 in the league.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 1 2009, 07:49 AM) *
no thanks, please leave. Thank you for everything, but we need a coach who can do better than 3/4/5 in the league.

I like the rough approach.
Well, who can?
I_Rossoneri
Nothing would make me happier than to see carlo leave smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 07:58 AM) *
I like the rough approach.
Well, who can?

rijkaard.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 1 2009, 09:03 AM) *
Nothing would make me happier than to see carlo leave smile.gif

There you are. I've missed you man on these forums. Share some of your insight please. I would too love carletto to leave.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 2 2009, 11:13 PM) *
rijkaard.

Not sure about him. He's a rather poor tactician IMO and Serie A is very tactic-based.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 2 2009, 04:14 PM) *
Not sure about him. He's a rather poor tactician IMO and Serie A is very tactic-based.

Right and carlo is a great tactican? 1 scudetto in 6 years, love it.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 3 2009, 12:14 AM) *

Carlo has become desperately inflexible, I don't think we'll notice a difference.
We should get Henk ten Cate as assistant coach for whoever joins us, I've come to really appreciate his work after what he's done with Panathinaikos. And I don't mean taking them to the last 16, I do think this guy is a tactical mastermind.
Fillipo Simone
We all know that's beyond dream mode...who'd dare to fire Tassotti?

To me, Carlo is just consequent and stays loyal to himself. I think this is one of the best human qualities around, so I respect this person, even if it is 1 in 6. Stats can be used pro and contra. You can always slam me down and say Milan is not a humanitarian community but the rough world of business, success, money and reality. That human character and characteristic's come second or third. But the we moan about Milan selling Kaka. This is what makes me question the neccessity of many things - on one side we scream "sell, retire, get rid, he's finished" but on the other side "Milan tried to push him away in a very class-less way". I think we should decide which policy we actually support.

But now hang me.
dst
No I would not want Tassotti to be fired. I'm sure things can work out with him there too. If not then I would not want ten Cate. But maybe if Carlo leaves, Tassotti will leave too?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 2 2009, 11:59 PM) *
No I would not want Tassotti to be fired. I'm sure things can work out with him there too. If not then I would not want ten Cate. But maybe if Carlo leaves, Tassotti will leave too?

Tassotti was there with Carletto, Terim, Cesare Augusto, Zaccheroni...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 2 2009, 04:47 PM) *
We all know that's beyond dream mode...who'd dare to fire Tassotti?

To me, Carlo is just consequent and stays loyal to himself. I think this is one of the best human qualities around, so I respect this person, even if it is 1 in 6. Stats can be used pro and contra. You can always slam me down and say Milan is not a humanitarian community but the rough world of business, success, money and reality. That human character and characteristic's come second or third. But the we moan about Milan selling Kaka. This is what makes me question the neccessity of many things - on one side we scream "sell, retire, get rid, he's finished" but on the other side "Milan tried to push him away in a very class-less way". I think we should decide which policy we actually support.

But now hang me.

Its true we are a football club not a humanitarian community but I can also feel what your saying. I say sell those who are not able to compete at the top of the world and keep those who can. Kaka is still a player who can compete with the best of the world, thats why selling him is not benefiticial to the club.

Fillipo, sorry about all this negativity recently. I dont mean to get into fights with you on every topic but right now things are just not good and my moral is at an all time low and my patience has been wearing thin. I just feel that there is no escape from this hole we are in and its just so frustrating.

However, I respect you and what you have to say to the utmost level, I just want you to keep that in mind.
MizNelson
Do we really want Rijkaard's and Ronaldinho's egos clashing once again, only this time at a different address?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 2 2009, 07:15 PM) *
Do we really want Rijkaard's and Ronaldinho's egos clashing once again, only this time at a different address?

I would rather have rijkaard over ronaldinho any day. Personally rijkaard is one of our great legends, a person who knows our club to the fullest value. He is a proven successful coach.

Ronaldinho just can't fit in our system. The defending in serie A is too tight for his style of play. All he has is his long passing, which pirlo can do. Cigarini would be a better investment for our future, if we could sell dinho and buy him. Dinho is 29 next month as well.
il_diavolo_mtl
i too like rijkaard, and if nothing else, having played in la serie A and coached to success, there is no reasoon to believe a mna of such credencials should not be handed the job
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 2 2009, 10:23 PM) *
i too like rijkaard, and if nothing else, having played in la serie A and coached to success, there is no reasoon to believe a mna of such credencials should not be handed the job

exactly man! Besides this man is one of our own!!! Oh the beautiful days that I never saw.
il_diavolo_mtl
lol me neither im a primavera fan lol 18 born the exact day/year/month as primavera starlet ruggeri smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 3 2009, 02:06 AM) *
Its true we are a football club not a humanitarian community but I can also feel what your saying. I say sell those who are not able to compete at the top of the world and keep those who can. Kaka is still a player who can compete with the best of the world, thats why selling him is not benefiticial to the club.

Fillipo, sorry about all this negativity recently. I dont mean to get into fights with you on every topic but right now things are just not good and my moral is at an all time low and my patience has been wearing thin. I just feel that there is no escape from this hole we are in and its just so frustrating.

However, I respect you and what you have to say to the utmost level, I just want you to keep that in mind.

Fair enough. I understand we all are frustrated and dissapointed, which leads us to acting in strange ways. However, we should be calm, keep it low and make rational decisions a posteriori.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 3 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Tassotti was there with Carletto, Terim, Cesare Augusto, Zaccheroni...

... and I guess he won't be there forever!

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 3 2009, 03:15 AM) *

The problem was Ronaldinho's unprofessional attitude, I think there would not be a problem between the two as long as the Brazilian does what he's supposed to. If he starts acting like that again he should be shown the door and I don't believe Carletto would do it.
Tennie
Well, interestingly today, Galliani stated that Ancelotti will stay next year if Milan makes third place according to Mediaset. This is something of a departure from the unconditional faith publicly shown in the coach.
Jack Sparrow
Well, Galliani said this a long time ago. That Milan wanted to keep Carlo, but he'd need to meet the minimum objectives at least. The min objectives for this season was probably third place. So we'll see.
Jack Sparrow
Has anyone seen this?

David Beckham has won incredbile praise from AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, while Ronaldinho has been castigated for his reliance on ability alone to push him through games.

Carlo Ancelotti believes that David Beckham is technically and tactically better than Kaka and has told Ronaldinho that he should learn from Paolo Maldini and Clarence Seedorf.

The AC Milan coach was in frank and forthright mood when he explained why is so keen to keep Beckham at the San Siro, and how the player has improved since his days at Manchester United.

While the Rossoneri continue to try and prise the England midfielder away from LA Galaxy on a permanent basis, Ancelotti has not held back in his praise.

"He made a good impression on me with his performance and character," he told French football magazine, So Foot.

"On the field Beckham is the first to see everything. His vision is better now than when he played at Manchester United.

"He is slower than Kaka, but he is tactically and technically better and is also very intelligent and hard working."

Ronaldinho was next in line for Ancelotti's critical analysis, and the coach stated that the Brazilian should use Maldini and Seedorf as examples of how to be professional.

"Players like him do everything based on talent. I have trained a variety of magnificent players and the majority think that they can make the difference with their talent alone," he continued.

"That is not true In the modern game if you do not stay in great physical condition and are not working in training then it is hard to shine during matches.

"[Paolo] Maldini has been a pro for 20 years and has never ever complained while training.

"[Seedorf] is one of the most important players. He is like a 4x4 and wherever he plays he never loses his level. He always does his job very well."

Ancelotti then explained that Yourri Gourcuff may not return to AC Milan after his loan spell with Bordeaux finishes in the summer, but admitted that only psycholoigcal problems prevented him from making it at the club.

"I do not know if he will come back to Milan. He is a good player, but he had problems. He wanted to prove himself a lot and that hindered what he gave to the side," he added.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Is this a valid interview? I don't know about Becks being technically better than Kaka...but then slower players usually have better vision and tactical acumen.

So the Ronnie thing is a lack of training interest? ohmy.gif I hope not. sleep.gif This just sucks. If this is true, then not only will be disappointed coz I thought R80 wanted to change, I'll also be pissed coz it means it's another case of a white elephant being brought coz Silvio thought it would be good.

Zed.D

How about we trade Kaka for Beckham? since he doesn't seem to have any advantage over Beckham in Carlo's eyes??

Laughed my *** off

Either these are not Carlo's words, or he's completely lost it.
Tennie
Would love to know where that came from. I don't recall seeing him say anything of the sort in interviews in Italian.
Bluesummers
David Beckham is not outstanding. Ronaldinho has to work harder, perhaps taking example by Paolo Maldini. Clarence Seedorf has the right mentality, as opposed to Yoann Gourcuff unlikely return in rossonero. Carlo Ancelotti spoke to former all-rossonero Vikash Dhorasoo, interviewer for the monthly magazine So Foot, now at newsstands with a special French on the Spice Boy, arrived at Milan "by coincidence".

TOP CLASS - "In the beginning - Ancelotti also specifies journalists Simon Capelli Welter and Javier Prieto Santos - had to train for only two months and was not planning to play it. Then, as is training, I had no choice." Beckham and Milan has a long history: "We tried to take two or four years ago, but it fades." Before training, Ancelotti not considered a top class player. Today he changed his mind: "I can say that it is a great player, but not outstanding, although I won with the performance and character." "In the field - the coach insists - Beckham sees more first of all. The vision of the game is better than the time in Manchester, has nothing to envy to Kakà. E 'slower but stronger tactically and technically. And then very intelligent and works hard. A real beast. "

DIVINING ROD - Unlike Ronaldinho, sticks to Ancelotti: "Players like him, all based on talent. I have trained many great players and the majority think that it makes a difference only with talent. It is not true. In modern football if you do not have a good physical condition and does not work in training is more difficult to shine in the game. " The example? Maldini: "Professional for 20 years, has never complained in training". Or Seedorf, "one of the most important players. An off-road. Play anywhere without losing performance." Regardless of the tactical scheme. Ancelotti prefers the Christmas tree, although Silvio Berlusconi claims the 4-4-2. "You know - cut short -, Berlusconi will say so many. Although, from a defensive point of view it is right. Del 4-4-2 but I am not convinced the offensive side." Despite the Milan team in the three Golden Balls, "We are not the Real Madrid of the Galacticos. Badiamo not to palmarès, but the usefulness for the team. I believe for example that Shevchenko will return as the golden age." Meanwhile, as a Seedorf becomes irreplaceable because in addition to the "quality" you "mentality of steel."

YOUNG - What's missing in Gourcuff, loaned to Bordeaux: "I do not know if it returns to Milan. Difficult but not impossible." Also blame the context: "At Milan we must demonstrate its value quickly and can not provide continuity for young people. It 'a shame, but it is. I understand that it is disappointed, but when I played too tended to want to prove his worth, individually and not for the team. E 'without a doubt a great player, but the mental was his main problem: it collapsed immediately. They say that looks like Zidane? The hope of becoming like him. " Ancelotti instead encourages Flamini: 'It is important for me, I wanted it. No one has the permanent position. Who does not play has to do better in training or be on the bench, because others are doing better. Flamini has played little, it is true, but the season is still long. "

FUTURE - And finally the coach of Milan, that among my colleagues in Europe appreciates most of all Guus Hiddink ( "something special") stuzzica Raymond Domenech, the coach France with the poisoned tooth sull'Italia ( "He speaks too much, do not listen"), looking to the future: "Train Italy? No, my dream is the Ivory Coast."

two words: mental handicap
Il Capitano
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 3 2009, 03:07 PM) *
Would love to know where that came from. I don't recall seeing him say anything of the sort in interviews in Italian.

It's from Gazzetta dello Sport.
Tennie
Aha. Thanks for that link, Il Capitano. Totally missed that article.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 3 2009, 01:16 PM) *
So the Ronnie thing is a lack of training interest?

One of my major reasons why I was against his signing.. get him out of the club, he's been a waste of time.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 3 2009, 08:29 PM) *
One of my major reasons why I was against his signing.. get him out of the club, he's been a waste of time.

Same for me but I don't see how it would be fair if we kicked him out... I mean... Ronaldinho does not try enough in training, Seedorf is not trying enough during the games... so we either get them both out or stop favoring who we like!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 3 2009, 08:02 PM) *
Same for me but I don't see how it would be fair if we kicked him out... I mean... Ronaldinho does not try enough in training, Seedorf is not trying enough during the games... so we either get them both out or stop favoring who we like!

Seedorf merits his place on the squad due to his service to the club and one off class performances. Ronaldinho, however, has been terrible in towards the end of his time in Barca and in his time here. We kicked Oliveira out who was bad, but at least he had the excuse of off the field problems and he did try, Ronaldinho has no excuses, he just doesn't care about football.
dst
Seedorf does not a deserve a starting spot. Everyone should get the same treatment.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 3 2009, 08:25 PM) *
Seedorf does not a deserve a starting spot. Everyone should get the same treatment.

I agree that he doesn't deserve to start, but he deserves a place in the squad. Something than Ronaldinho doesn't.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 3 2009, 10:37 PM) *
I agree that he doesn't deserve to start, but he deserves a place in the squad. Something than Ronaldinho doesn't.

My point is that we should not favor anyone.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 3 2009, 08:48 PM) *

I don't think it would be 'favouring'. Seedorf has done enough to warrant a place on the bench, Ronaldinho hasn't, it's not favouring, it's just the way it is. But favouritism does happen at this club. pirlo and Maldini haven't deserved to start for us since about 2006, but they have been. Al in my opinion, of course.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 3 2009, 09:48 PM) *

I think football isn't about democracy or giving everyone the same. Every coach favors some players. It was and always will be so.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 3 2009, 10:50 PM) *
I don't think it would be 'favouring'. Seedorf has done enough to warrant a place on the bench, Ronaldinho hasn't, it's not favouring, it's just the way it is. But favouritism does happen at this club. pirlo and Maldini haven't deserved to start for us since about 2006, but they have been. Al in my opinion, of course.

I did not say Seedorf should leave. But if R20 has to go then Seedorf has to be dropped.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 3 2009, 10:56 PM) *
I think football isn't about democracy or giving everyone the same. Every coach favors some players. It was and always will be so.

I know... but there is stubbornness and personal choices and then there is the Carlo and Seedorf romance. I have never seen a player playing as bad as Seedorf has for three consecutive season and not dropped a single ****ing time!!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 3 2009, 02:56 PM) *

Yup even I have favorites haha. Its impossible because with some players develop relationships that you cannot break easily based on form.

However, we a professional club and not an amature level club. If the coach continues to play favorites and it's not working in favor of the club then either we sack the coach or sell the players. We have done neither which is why we sit in 3rd.
Zed.D
As for my future, clearly if Milan were to fail to finish third something might change, also for me. But I am convinced we will finish third and that there will be no problems.'

no comment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.