Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti: Hammering can be healthy
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Fillipo Simone
Ancelotti: Hammering can be healthy
Sunday 30 November, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti believes their thrashing in Sicily can be “healthy” for Milan, who had recently lost some of their intensity.

“We certainly didn't help, as we suffered under Palermo's tempo and aggression. It wasn't our intention to play this way, as we should've been tighter around the final third,” he said of their timid display.

“The whole team didn't mark tightly all over the field and that gave Palermo even more opportunity to pass the ball around.”

The 3-1 loss is their first in all competition since the 2-0 at Genoa on September 14, followed by 12 wins and four draws.

“It is a heavy defeat, as it comes at an important time of the campaign, but this team has put together a good number of results.

“I won't say this defeat is necessarily healthy, but we had lost a little intensity and so this can give us the kick we need to resume with renewed passion.”

“It wasn't our night. There is no need to analyse other elements. We played too slowly and were not attentive enough, that is all.”

Kaka was suspended and Gennaro Gattuso injured, so this changed the balance of the side in midfield.

“We were unable to emerge from Palermo's aggressive pressing because we were too slow and timid in our build-up.”

The Rossoneri did fight back in the closing 10 minutes after Ronaldinho's spot-kick and had several chances to close the gap.

“The reaction came out at the end because Palermo lowered the tempo when they went 3-0 up,” insisted Ancelotti.

“These things can happen, more so to us than other teams, because with our characteristics we have to play good football in order to win the game. If we don't take the initiative, we're in trouble.”

Alexandre Pato limped off in the first half after a knock to the ribs when he earned the penalty, which Marco Amelia saved from Ronaldinho.

“Pato did very well in the tasks he was required to undertake. What we failed with tonight was playing down the flanks with the full-backs. They stayed back a lot tonight and that allowed Palermo to pin us back.”

Zambro on 'painful defeat'
Monday 1 December, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan defender Gianluca Zambrotta admits his disappointment at losing to Palermo and is looking ahead to Wednesday's Coppa Italia date.

Serie A's second-placed side were unexpectedly beaten 3-1 by mid-table Palermo at the Stadio Renzo Barbera and were left to rue a missed penalty from Ronaldinho.

It was a hugely disappointing result for the Rossoneri, who have fallen six points behind city rivals Inter.

“It's a shame to lose, especially in this way and that does hurt,” Zambrotta lamented in his post-match interview.

“If Ronaldinho's penalty had gone in, things may have turned out very differently.

“We are conceding too many goals at the moment and that's not good - we need to be more focused.

“However, we are still in second place and now we can think about our Coppa Italia game against Lazio on Wednesday evening.

“This season is a long road and there's no need to get fatalistic.”
Zed.D
I think these heavy defeats can be healthy for a team [like Barca] that becomes overconfident and arrogant with great victories. not a team that struggles to attack and score goals week in, week out. and is also weak at the back...
Fillipo Simone
It came healthy cause we "finally" were defeated. Up till now we managed to gather points, score, stay on 2nd, etc.

Barcelona? Ahh,..they have a fetish for big scorsheets, either way. Don't like anything about that club.
kurtsimonw
At least it's a new excuse, I suppose.
Habitant
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 1 2008, 11:54 AM) *
I think these heavy defeats can be healthy for a team [like Barca] that becomes overconfident and arrogant with great victories. not a team that struggles to attack and score goals week in, week out. and is also weak at the back...

ditto, altough you dont have to be barcelona to actually play well and earn results, something we havent done.

we're going to 3 years of excuse after excuse, do we see a trend? innocent.gif
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 1 2008, 12:25 PM) *
At least it's a new excuse, I suppose.

"They're unfit" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 1 2008, 10:54 AM) *

Took the words out of my mouth.

novfan
It's only "healthy" in my opinion if Carlo learns that the 4-3-2-1 formation is crap.
Zed.D
QUOTE (novfan @ Dec 1 2008, 07:43 PM) *
It's only "healthy" in my opinion if Carlo learns that the 4-3-2-1 formation is crap.

laugh.gif
Quote of the funking year king.gif
Fillipo Simone
dry.gif
Locke Lamora
I think it would be more healthy to realise that when you're 2-0 down with 30 minutes left, throwing on Emerson isn't going to turn the match around.
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 1 2008, 11:23 PM) *
I think it would be more healthy to realise that when you're 2-0 down with 30 minutes left, throwing on Emerson isn't going to turn the match around.

Easier said than done, unfortunately. sad.gif The good thing is that we'll learn our lessons, sooner or later!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 1 2008, 10:53 PM) *

+100000000000000000000
han2503
QUOTE (novfan @ Dec 1 2008, 04:13 PM) *

That's going in my sig

btw, what else would you have expected after that game? Carlo admitting that the team played like cr@p and that he made the wrong decisions? No f******* way!! I thought you all would have gotten used to his BS by now
gal_kenny
Really, i'm tired of the 4-3-2-1..Why can't ronaldinho defend..Isn't he a footballer? Pirlo was really bad..We pass the ball too much without making impact...why can't he try to field him as a supporting striker in a 4-3-1-2 formation? Hammering can be helpful..This defeat wasn't painful to me at all...we deserved it big time...I don't understand how Carlo feels when he sees the team playing like crap and still does nothing about it..MALDINI, FAVALLI should retire and we should get new blood in our team..Our team is slow...seedorf would soon retire..We need Gourcuff bak...We need HELP...We've managed to pull up these points so far and our most convincing was Milan-Lazio and since then, we haven't been really good...well maybe also against Inter...But since then..Can u imagine Portmouth..If Barca played played Portmouth, they would have destroyed them...Its simple, milan isn't the same since 2-3 years ago..
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Dec 2 2008, 07:48 AM) *
Really, i'm tired of the 4-3-2-1..Why can't ronaldinho defend..Isn't he a footballer? Pirlo was really bad..We pass the ball too much without making impact...why can't he try to field him as a supporting striker in a 4-3-1-2 formation? Hammering can be helpful..This defeat wasn't painful to me at all...we deserved it big time...I don't understand how Carlo feels when he sees the team playing like crap and still does nothing about it..MALDINI, FAVALLI should retire and we should get new blood in our team..Our team is slow...seedorf would soon retire..We need Gourcuff bak...We need HELP...We've managed to pull up these points so far and our most convincing was Milan-Lazio and since then, we haven't been really good...well maybe also against Inter...But since then..Can u imagine Portmouth..If Barca played played Portmouth, they would have destroyed them...Its simple, milan isn't the same since 2-3 years ago..

Here we go again.

If Milan 1923 played Porthsmouth maybe we'd lost with 12 goals.
Why's everyone obsessed with Barcelona?
Tennie
Surely you know, Fillipo, that EVERYTHING having to do with Milan is utterly incompetent, bad, and, well, looserish. While, on the other hand, EVERYTHING having to do with Barcelona is just sunshine and lollipops perfect. smile.gif
Zed.D
Yeah it's too much to ask from MILAN (just think about the name...) +2-goal margin wins against small teams, I guess. so much that it's even considered unrealistic. my oh my sleep.gif

Maybe I have to finally resign to the fact that we are not a big club anymore (at least result-wise)...
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 3 2008, 02:25 AM) *
Maybe I have to finally resign to the fact that we are not a big club anymore (at least result-wise)...

For the time being. biggrin.gif
Tennie
Why is 2+ goal margin victory a necessity for a big club?
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 3 2008, 02:50 AM) *

It's not. But a comfortable game is. smile.gif Sure I'll take a trip to the heartbreak hotel every now and then, even a loss as it's part and parcel of what we do. But every game being a disjointed effort week in and week out is frankly not on - whoever being at fault here, Carlo, the team, or luck.
Habitant
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 2 2008, 09:50 PM) *

it's inevitable if your a title challenging club, just look at the stats for any league. (unless your pre-calciopoli juve laugh.gif, then again even they would get the 3-0 4-0 score sheets but would also look to sit out @ 1-0 most of the time)

besides if by some freak occurrence we played like a "big club" and could only grind out 1-0 & 2-1 results because magnetic north changed location and our opponents had aan advantage because the ball was attracted in our end of the pitch, well i could live with it.

i mean it all comes down to what you expect from the team, if 4th place is good enough then our present results will suffice. but our management have clearly started that our goal is the scudetto, with these sort of performances we wont.

what even scary is inter will be tying us in terms of sucdetti won<_<
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 3 2008, 01:20 AM) *

Why?

Because that means less chance of Lecces and Torinos happening. because we can't afford to lose these points if we're aiming for the Scudetto.

I wonder...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 2 2008, 11:38 PM) *
Why?

Because that means less chance of Lecces and Torinos happening. because we can't afford to lose these points if we're aiming for the Scudetto.

I wonder...

Quatsch. Big clubs and margins have notthing in common. Forget about it.

Torino is a big club too, nota bene.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 3 2008, 05:31 AM) *

Que?? huh.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 3 2008, 03:31 AM) *

I'm not exactly crazy about big goal margin wins. I want my team to be able to kill the game off before something frustrating, that we have seen a lot in the past 2 season, happens. that's why I insist on making it at least a 2-goal lead in every game.

Please don't take what I'm about to say the other way, I don't want to be rude or offensive, but who are you trying to fool, beside yourself?... huh.gif

What about Lecce? what about every other mid/bottom table team that seems to be able to get a draw, or even beat us these days?

Habitant well put it when he said these performances are sufficient if we want a CL spot. but we've been hearing 'we want the Scudetto' from everyone but so far nothing indicates we're a Scudetto worthy team; neither the standings nor our results/performances against smaller sides that traditionally defend against us with all they've got.

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 3 2008, 07:10 AM) *
Que?? huh.gif

It's a german word that screamed to be used.. 96.gif

Please don't take what I'm about to say the other way, I don't want to be rude or offensive, but who are you trying to fool, beside yourself?...

No offense taken. i don't want to fool anyone. Sure, we have to get does 3 points cause right now Torino is a mid table/relegation team. But I just wanted to say that Torino is a big club. They maybe fight for relegation, but Torino actually means a lot in Italy. Especially the pre-Superga. I know, that was years and decades ago, that's why I said nota bene only.
Zed.D
I've heard Torino were a big side in the eithties, even that they were called Grande Torino a few decades back, but that's got nothing to do with the present. Nottingham Forest have won the European Championship. are they a big side now? I don't even know which league they are playing in.

Torino had 3-2 to Catania before they managed to get a draw against us. these are worrying signs in my eyes.
Tennie
Being a big club has to do with that club's history, what it's done in the past. Toro's era of greatness was long before any of us were born, but that in no way negates the fact that it is a big club. 10 of the starting 11 from Italy played for Torino in the late 1940s and Torino dominated the league...until a plane carrying the team back from an exhibition game in Lisbon crashed into a mountain near Turin and killed them all (save one guy who didn't make the trip due to injury). They finished the rest of the season fielding their primavera squad (and in a rare sign of respect, the teams they faced fielded their primavera squads).

So yes, Torino is indeed a big club even if it's been a very long time, and they deserve respect for that.
Zed.D
Torino is not a big squad... that's what I mean. I'm talking about present. about the 23/11/2008 game. about the mostly ordinary players we faced. about the team that's in the 17th place.
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 3 2008, 09:00 PM) *
Torino is not a big squad... that's what I mean. I'm talking about present. about the 23/11/2008 game. about the mostly ordinary players we faced. about the team that's in the 17th place.

I still don't get it. What is it you're talking about?
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 3 2008, 11:32 PM) *
I still don't get it. What is it you're talking about?

Their player's are no match for Milan's Inter's Juve's Napoli's Roma's Lazio's Genoa's etc. they're a Grade B team. you still don't get it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.