Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Pippo about UEFA record
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Fillipo Simone
Super Pippo questions record
Saturday 29 November, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pippo Inzaghi has questioned UEFA’s mathematics, as he maintains he is more than one goal in front of Raul’s record.

The last-gasp strike in Thursday’s 2-2 UEFA Cup draw at Portsmouth was his 65th in all European club competition, one in front of Raul.

“It was a special goal, as to be losing 2-0 and equalise at the last second in front of the away fans, while wearing the captain’s armband for the first time, was all very exciting, even if it was just a UEFA Cup game.”

However, the Real Madrid man’s record includes a goal scored in the Intercontinental Cup.

“It is news to me,” said Super Pippo. “I am extremely attentive to my own goals, but not those of Raul and other players.

“I was told that the Intercontinental Cup did not count. In fact, they did not put in my two goals I scored last season in Yokohama.”

Inzaghi netted twice in the Club World Cup – renamed and changed to a group competition – on the way to Milan’s triumph in December.

“It’s not a problem, anyway, because Raul is younger than me and with time will beat my record. As an Italian it is wonderful to be there competing with the best in the world.

“I know I am close to a career total 300 goals. We’ll celebrate when I get there, because it will be a lovely feeling, especially as I remember my first with Leffe as if it were yesterday. Unfortunately, a lot of time has passed since then.

“I cannot ask for more from my career, seeing as I have scored two Champions League Final goals in Athens, two in the Club World Cup Final in Yokohama. I would be hypocritical to ask for more.”

Inzaghi’s teammate Kaka has been linked with a move to Manchester City, but he thinks it is purely a story drummed up by the British media.

“I think he will end his career at Milan, because he has won so much here, is loved by everybody and is happy.

“I know how much Kaka loves Milan and so the thought of him leaving does not enter into my mind.

“He may well have said he likes watching the English League or a certain club, but that is a very long way from actually quitting your side to go somewhere else. I don’t think it will ever happen.”

How the title matches to the real statement... innocent.gif dry.gif

Forza Pippo! Imagine how he'll celebrate his 300th goal... devilsmiley.gif

acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 30 2008, 06:08 AM) *
Forza Pippo! Imagine how he'll celebrate his 300th goal...

Taking his shirt out? huh.gif unsure.gif wink.gif
kurtsimonw
Gotta love the guys hunger for goals, and to be number 1.
TriniKing_CE
Forza Pippo [scoring till he can no longer walk properly] tongue.gif

regarding the part of his interview concerning Kaka's 'media talk' transfer to ManCity dry.gif
I agree with him, I don't see it as big a deal as the foolish meida has yet again made it out to be. (so he likes foreign football big deal, he loves Milan - this is where he made a real name for himself and got more than he hoped to accomplish with respect to the 10 life goals that he set for himself)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.