Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seedorf sweet on Premier League move
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf says he would not rule out a move to the Premier League when his current contract at the San Siro expires.

Seedorf, who joined Milan from rivals Inter in 2002, is tied to the club until 2011 with his current contract.

Although committed to the Serie A giants, the 32-year-old admitted that a move to England has always been of interest to him.

"I am always open to new opportunities, even if I feel really good at Milan," Seedorf said.

"The Premier League has always been of particular interest to me.

"From a football point of view, it is a league that has grown an awful lot in the past few years."

Seedorf admitted to being approached by a number of top Premier League clubs before his move to Milan.

"I have had the opportunity to move to England before, in particular when I was playing for Sampdoria in 1996.

"I was contacted by both Manchester United and Arsenal but nothing came of it."
Warchant
i'm getting kind of tired of these kind of articles. of course no player is going to rule a move somewhere else in the future. he's under contract till 2011, a lot will happen between now and then.
dst
Arsenal wanted him? Wenger's Arsenal!?? unsure.gif

He cannot survive there... the game is heavily different and he's too slow for it.
Zed.D
First Seedorf and now Kaka

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...e-Football.html
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 27 2008, 05:18 AM) *
He cannot survive there... the game is heavily different and he's too slow for it.

That doesn't mean it won't be a fun sight to witness. biggrin.gif If Seedorf ever leaves, I hope it's for the EPL. I'd pay good money to see that. Not only is he slow, but he likes to keep the ball stuck to his feet. Then again, there is only a semblance of truth in this article, most of it is fabrication.

Oh, and cograts, dst. tongue.gif On the 15,000 post mark!
Zed.D
Maybe Seedorf should know his career is at its closing stages and he better go back home and play for Ajax?
Warchant
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 27 2008, 03:05 AM) *

another ridiculous article. no player is going to say they would never like to play for the epl. does that mean that's where there going? no.
Zed.D
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...bctid3361225001

He's not ruling out a move to the EPL either.
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 28 2008, 03:07 PM) *
He's not ruling out a move to the EPL either.

Kaka, hmmm. dry.gif One says that when he's won everything at a particular club.
amancik
It could be a blessing in disguise. They clearly have lost the motivation to play for Milan. Cuz they've won everything.
Give somebody else a chance to win something, young prospects.
MizNelson
Seedorf can walk, for all I care. He's unmotivated, butts heads with Carlo and he's still hanging around here because it's the only team that'll let him walk into the starting lineup. At this point I'm not beyond letting Kaka go, either.

Still, as Warchant said, these tired old "move-to-EPL" articles are a dime a dozen nowadays.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 27 2008, 01:18 AM) *
Arsenal wanted him? Wenger's Arsenal!?? unsure.gif

Could be an recycled article back from 1999. I get pretty tired of those rumours and talks..
I_Rossoneri
Thing is you need to hear the question first. No player is ever going to say no to a move to another club/league etc so when Kaka is asked "seeing as Robinho and Elano play for Man City would you be interested in playing for them and in the Prem league?"

Time to worry is when they ask for press conferences like Shevchenko did wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.