Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaka Targets Milan Double
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Tennie
(From Channel 4)

Kaka is confident Milan can do The Double of picking up the Scudetto and UEFA Cup this season.

“Carlo Ancelotti is right. Now that we are top of Serie A and our UEFA group, the only way is down!” joked the Brazilian in an extensive interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“The truth is we are not yet impressive in terms of our performance. We are constant in our results, and that is positive, but less so in creating chances and moving the ball around. We need more creativity, but don’t forget we are missing a crucial figure like [Andrea] Pirlo.

“Milan are a more mature squad with more quality than 2007 and this is why we can surprise.

“I have an objective: to win the Scudetto and UEFA Cup. I’m targeting the Double to enter the history books of this club.”

The Rossoneri had a dismal start to the campaign and lost their two opening games, but have since notched up an impressive tally.

“I learned the lesson with Brazil in the 2006 World Cup that talent is not enough, you need hard work and team spirit.

“The turning point for Milan was the game with Lazio. They were in great form and we beat them while playing very well. Then the derby victory gave us another huge boost.”

Kaka had a penalty saved in the 1-0 win over Napoli last week that sent Milan to the top of the Serie A table.

“Napoli really impressed me and [Ezequiel] Lavezzi is a fantastic player. Udinese are doing very well, too. Are Inter losing ground? No, they are a solid squad and have quality, they will not disappoint. Then there are Juventus, who are always tough.”
acid911
At least someone echos my thoughts from the Milan camp. cool.gif We have the squad and the depth to target both these competitions, and anything less would really disappoint me, to put it mildly! Scudetto + UEFA Cup!
Rossoneri7
Milan does have a chance ... The Scudetto is the prime target, for obvious reasons, but the UEFA cup next to the Scudetto by the end of the season would not be all that bad 96.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 8 2008, 06:44 PM) *
Milan does have a chance ... The Scudetto is the prime target, for obvious reasons, but the UEFA cup next to the Scudetto by the end of the season would not be all that bad

It would in fact be very, very good! laugh.gif Me want double, Carlo, double me want!
dst
I'd be content with the Scudetto. I don't care about anything else.
mallamkay
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 8 2008, 01:44 PM) *
Milan does have a chance ... The Scudetto is the prime target, for obvious reasons, but the UEFA cup next to the Scudetto by the end of the season would not be all that bad 96.gif

that shouldnt be to bad with all the insults we av received in recent times
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 8 2008, 07:46 PM) *
I'd be content with the Scudetto. I don't care about anything else.

I do. smile.gif Juve schifo are the only club in the planet to have won all official club competitions. I want to change that. I want Milan to be there by winning the UEFA Cup this season - it's not that we'll get a chance for quite some time at this. DO IT, CARLO! mad.gif BY ANY MEANS, DO IT!
MizNelson
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 8 2008, 05:43 PM) *
I do. smile.gif Juve schifo are the only club in the planet to have won all official club competitions. I want to change that. I want Milan to be there by winning the UEFA Cup this season - it's not that we'll get a chance for quite some time at this.

Exactly. Not too long ago we were winning trophies just by looking at them.

We shouldn't be picking and choosing what we want to win, for Pete's sake. Milan is all out, all the time.
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 9 2008, 09:49 AM) *
Exactly. Not too long ago we were winning trophies just by looking at them.
We shouldn't be picking and choosing what we want to win, for Pete's sake. Milan is all out, all the time.

That's the spirit! devil.gif Win it for everyone's sake. If anyone in the management plans on orphaning the UEFA Cup somewhere in the near future, I'd prefer us to start losing matches right about now so we don't go further. Don't build hope, and certainly don't crush it in the later stages by joking about Serie A being the only priority.

We deserved to be in the UEFA Cup. Now that we are, we deserve to win it. sleep.gif We're not bigger than it.
han2503
Sorry acid but personally I would prefer if we just concentrate on the Scudetto only. Usually when we focus on one thing we win it. Be it the CL or the Scudetto. But when we try to go all out for both we end up empty handed, think 04/05 season and 05/06 season.

I would much rather win the Scudetto then going to the semis or finals of the UEFA Cup and come in second for the Scudetto.
Zed.D
Why not treble? we should aim for all of them, but of course not in a way we lose our concentration on the league.
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 9 2008, 03:12 PM) *
Why not treble? we should aim for all of them, but of course not in a way we lose our concentration on the league.

+2. sleep.gif
Locke Lamora
Considering that the UEFA Cup is the only trophy Milan has never won, they won't get a better chance than this.
The Scudetto is the most important one, but the UEFA Cup should surely be an objective.
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 9 2008, 06:20 PM) *
Considering that the UEFA Cup is the only trophy Milan has never won, they won't get a better chance than this.
The Scudetto is the most important one, but the UEFA Cup should surely be an objective.

I can only hope, Lock. smile.gif We may not get a dig at it for another ten years, who knows? If we didn't have depth, then it would have been another story, but now that we do there is no reason to consider it an orphan trophy. Not Scudetto level, yes, but at least put a good enough team for Europe as we go further in that competition.

Not sure about Carlo up till now, but I've got a hunch the management wants to win it. biggrin.gif Hope they do!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 9 2008, 02:24 PM) *
I can only hope, Lock. smile.gif We may not get a dig at it for another ten years, who knows? If we didn't have depth, then it would have been another story, but now that we do there is no reason to consider it an orphan trophy. Not Scudetto level, yes, but at least put a good enough team for Europe as we go further in that competition.

Not sure about Carlo up till now, but I've got a hunch the management wants to win it. biggrin.gif Hope they do!

Wouldn't be a bad sending-off for Maldini either, completing Milan's trophy cabinet is quite a feat.
Rivaldo
Good word from Kaka. Forza Magico Rikky! Forza Milan!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.