Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inzaghi extends contract with AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
MILAN, Italy (AP) - Filippo Inzaghi has extended his contract with AC Milan by one year through June 2010.

"I've always said that as long as I feel good - and right now I feel very good - I will continue to play," the 35-year-old Inzaghi said Wednesday. "Between me and this club, between me and these colors, there is a relationship that goes beyond everything else."

Since transferring to Milan from Juventus in 2001, Inzaghi has scored 103 goals in 222 games, including both goals in Milan's 2-1 win over Liverpool in the 2007 Champions League final - a game Inzaghi called his most memorable.

"Athens, without a doubt. I'll never forget it," he said.

Inzaghi has scored three goals so far this season - two in Serie A and one in the UEFA Cup.

Milan hosts Sporting Braga in the UEFA Cup on Thursday.
kurtsimonw
Wow, considering he's been here since 2001 he hasn't played many games for us!

A good re-signing really, he's had a good scoring record since he got back into the side towards the end of last season.
Tennie
One of the highest compliments I've ever seen about Pippo was one attributed to Oliver Kahn around the time he retired last year. He is reported to have said something along the lines of 'At least I won't have to face Inzaghi again'. (La Palma or Fillipo, could one of you find the quote? I looked and can't locate it now).
Rivaldo
Great news. I highly respect and love SuperPippo!!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 6 2008, 08:56 AM) *
One of the highest compliments I've ever seen about Pippo was one attributed to Oliver Kahn around the time he retired last year. He is reported to have said something along the lines of 'At least I won't have to face Inzaghi again'. (La Palma or Fillipo, could one of you find the quote? I looked and can't locate it now).

It just goes to show what a true champion Pippo is, striking fear into one of the best goalkeepers of our generation - The Mighty Oliver Kahn.
PatitoFeo
Pippo has another 2-3 years of top flight football. I have a feeling he could wander the pitch in crutches and find a way to beat the offsides trap and knock the ball in with his ear smile.gif
agenth
Pippo is like good wine biggrin.gif

We resigned him for our next CL campaign innocent.gif wub.gif cool.gif
Fillipo Simone
Good news... devilsmiley.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 6 2008, 04:56 AM) *

I did a search on Google and couldn't find it. I even pasted the quote in your post. unsure.gif
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 9 2008, 01:36 AM) *
I did a search on Google and couldn't find it. I even pasted the quote in your post.

Funnily enough, neither could I after looking hard and wide. mellow.gif I know it to be true, because I heard it from 2 or 3 other friends (excluding Tennie). I can't imagine it just disappeared into thin air. Maybe Kahn wanted copyright on that quote? Just like he wants individual copyright loyalty for his appearances in FIFA and Pro Evo games.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh, I tried to find the quote about Pippo but didn't had any luck...
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 9 2008, 02:54 AM) *

Exactly. I may have looked in over 100 pages and websites for over an hour now. sad.gif Yet, I know for certain I've heard it before. Maybe he said it in a TV interview in Germany or whatever!
Rivaldo
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2008, 09:54 PM) *

I love such famous quotes about Pippo as:

- Dutch legend Johann Cruyff has said of Inzaghi, “Look, actually he can’t play football at all. He’s just always in the right position.”

- Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson once quipped, “Pippo Inzaghi was born in an offside position.”
PatitoFeo
The SAF quote is awesome. I prefer a slightly offensive variation my youth coaches used to say: "what, were you conceived in an off-sides position?" Yes I was that kid who was offsides 9 times a game but scored a goal the 10th time. Hence the Pippo love shower smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.