Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beckham to train with AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
MILAN, Italy (AP) - David Beckham will train with AC Milan beginning in January to stay in shape after the Major League Soccer season ends in the United States, Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport reported.

Beckham wants to remain fit so that he can be called up to play in England's World Cup qualifying matches. England's coach Fabio Capello has said he will not pick players who are not playing in a league championship.

"I'm in agreement with this and don't see any downside," the paper quoted Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti as saying. "We will get to know a true champion."

The MLS season ends in November after which Beckham's Los Angeles Galaxy will travel to Australia and New Zealand in December to play friendlies.

Beckham may stay in Europe after training with Milan to play either in Italy or Spain even though he has three years left on his contract with the Galaxy, Gazzetta said without citing sources.

"Ancelotti and I will be waiting for Beckham at Milanello," Milan vice president Adriano Galliani told Gazzetta referring to his team's training grounds. "You all want to know if we will buy him? We'll talk about that in the future."
Warchant
interesting....
KillerMax
Sure, Let's buy Pagliuca, Ayala and Figo to go with that...

Maybe they want him to become a future staff... But I'm tired of having old players occupying the roster.
YoungGun
Hey guy, easy ... he just takes a few square metters of the training field ^^

Wonder that will he play for us? or just join training?
Jack Sparrow
Suzy Campagnale has got a stupid article...where she claims that Beckham is meant as our Pirlo replacement... laugh.gif

Warchant
personally, i think he's staying at LA.

this would be one of the greatest PR disasters in the history of football.

he came over here to make soccer big...if he left and went back to Europe that would basically be saying he failed.

i think he's only doing it to keep in shape...nothing more.
KillerMax
Nothing wrong with him training with us. But if we are gonna sign him...
Ry4n
Hes probably looking for a house and needs a gym tongue.gif
vahid
Last year he trained with Arsenal and now he'll train with us to keep in shape,just this!
dst
QUOTE (vahid @ Oct 20 2008, 08:35 PM) *
Last year he trained with Arsenal and now he'll train with us to keep in shape,just this!

Yeah that will probably be the case. He has a huge contract and immense sponsor deals so that won't allow Galliani to do a stupid mistake!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 20 2008, 07:48 PM) *
Yeah that will probably be the case. He has a huge contract and immense sponsor deals so that won't allow Galliani to do a stupid mistake!

Ahh Galliani... wacko.gif
PatitoFeo
I think he misses the professional training atmosphere in Europe. Becks has always taken his soccer seriously, so this is good media buzz for Milan and good training for Becks. Win win.
TriniKing_CE
I've been off the forums as I've been away for a few days, and I come back and the first thing I see is this... laugh.gif
Where do I start - okay, if its just training fine I don't care (personally I can't see much wrong with if its just that)
If, however, it becomes a signing.... dry.gif sad.gif
Its going to be a sadddd sadddd day for Milan. Signing MLS flops just the direction we would need to be heading in thumbup.gif laugh.gif
Jack Sparrow
I don't think Beckham is a flop. Just that he's not been trained properly. If we wants to train with us, and maybe play a few games (Coppa), then perhaps we might loan him for a while. I see nothing wrong in that. I've always liked Beckham.

One of the best players I've seen who truly maximised the use of his talent.
MizNelson
QUOTE (PatitoFeo @ Oct 20 2008, 04:42 PM) *
I think he misses the professional training atmosphere in Europe. Becks has always taken his soccer seriously, so this is good media buzz for Milan and good training for Becks. Win win.

Pfft. If we wind up signing him in some capacity, I'll become apoplectic.

If he takes his soccer seriously, he could've signed with any MLS team besides the LA Galaxy, which in effect he did simply to sell shirts and so he and Bimbo Spice could have another venue (in this case, Hollywood) to cavort with the rich and famous. Think she would've had her own show had Beckham joined Salt Lake, Houston or Colorado?
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 21 2008, 08:10 AM) *
One of the best players I've seen who truly maximised the use of his talent.

Really? He's many levels below the best players I've watched play but yeah he truly he used his qualities effectively!
Jack Sparrow
It's one sentence. Ok, I'll rephrase..He's one of the plays who best maximised his limited talent. Pippo is another. Ruud to some extent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.