Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaka honored at Maracana
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (AP) - Kaka was immortalized in Maracana's sidewalk of fame on Tuesday.

The Brazil midfielder left his footprints in a section dedicated to the memory of the country's top players.

"Maracana has a great history," Kaka said. "As a football player, to be part of this memorial, to be part of Maracana, it is a great pride."

The AC Milan player's name is next to former all-star Zico. Other stars who left their footprints in the sidewalk of fame include Pele, Romario, Zagallo, Dunga and Franz Beckenbauer.

Maracana once was the world's largest football stadium and accommodated more than 180,000 fans, but reforms have shrunk its capacity to about 70,000. It hosted the 1950 World Cup final, when Brazil was upset by Uruguay.

Another Brazilian expected to be honored on Tuesday was Robinho, for his unique dribble in the team's 5-0 rout of Ecuador in a World Cup qualifier last year. A series of photos of the dribble, in which he used several nifty moves to fool a defender and set up Elano's goal, will be put on display at the stadium.

Brazil, coming off a 4-0 victory over Venezuela on Sunday, faces Colombia on Wednesday at Maracana. The five-time world champion is second in South American qualifying, behind leader Paraguay. The top four nations will automatically qualify.
acid911
Good for our Golden Boy! cool.gif Thanks for posting and sharing the news, Warchant!
Warchant
pictures

KillerMax
They are going to honor Robinho there because of some kind of dribble, but haven't put Ronaldinho yet?
acid911
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Oct 15 2008, 03:22 AM) *
They are going to honor Robinho there because of some kind of dribble, but haven't put Ronaldinho yet?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif And Ronaldo (R99) for that matter too!
KillerMax
QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 14 2008, 06:23 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif And Ronaldo (R99) for that matter too!

Exactly. Surely Ronaldo was a bigger phenomena than magico Kaka.
acid911
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Oct 15 2008, 04:42 AM) *
Exactly. Surely Ronaldo was a bigger phenomena than magico Kaka.

That's football for you! biggrin.gif Neither to be understood, nor comprehended what goes in the world of football.
Ry4n
Thanks for the info and the pics guys !!
dst
Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo should be there ahead of Kaka. Congrats to our lad though! smile.gif

I don't think Robinho is going to leave his footprint there is he? It's just the gallery with the dribble (... rolleyes.gif ...) isn't it?
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 15 2008, 05:20 AM) *
Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo should be there ahead of Kaka. Congrats to our lad though!

Exactly. cool.gif Another name who should be right up there along with Ronaldo and Carlo is Cafu, so often his services are forgotten. There are other equally good players both from his era and earlier, but the name Cafu deserves to be sitting alongside the likes of Pele, Zico, Romario, and - wait for it - Dunga!
Zed.D
Maybe they wanted Ronaldo's footprints but he didn't? I mean, why would they even think twice about having his footprints on Maracana's sidewalk of fame? he's for many Brazil's greatest ever player.
Jack Sparrow
^^

Bah....Socrates...with a name like that.. cool.gif
Zed.D
What is that?
dst
We could be all talking bull as the article only mentions some of the names that appear on the sidewalk:
Other stars who left their footprints in the sidewalk of fame include...

I could not find a complete list. If anyone finds it please post it here...
Zed.D
I think that's Porty's specialty, dst.

Maracana once was the world's largest football stadium and accommodated more than 180,000 fans

I can't imagine a stadium as big as that no matter how hard I try! 180,000 spectators wacko.gif
dst
Most of them were standing, not seating! wink.gif
vahid
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=8mRdTGuJfXk
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 15 2008, 05:35 PM) *
I think that's Porty's specialty, dst.

Do your magic, Port. cool.gif Let's see whether they've got the likes of Ronaldo, Cafu and Carlos there or not!
dst
From Milan's official site:

After the goal scored against Venezuela, another great recognition for Ricardo Kaka. Our champions and prophet in his homeland left his footprints at the Macarana next to those of Pele, Zico, Ronaldo & Co.

Don't know how accurate it is but it does say Ronaldo...

This is the official site of the stadium: Link!

There are a bunch of names listed on the front page... could it be the list we're looking for? It's in (Brazilian) Portuguese... Porty? innocent.gif
Jack Sparrow
He speaks Portuguese as well as you speak Latin bro. He might speak better Catalonian. biggrin.gif
speedemon
Saim venuti fin qua, siam venuti fin qua, per vedere segnare KAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ooooooo ooooooo He deserves it, Freakin Amazing, Golden Boy KAKA!!! FORZA MILAN Y FORZA KAKA.....
I found a link that does show Ronaldo (The world's greatest striker of all time) "Il Fenomeno"'s footprints there as well as many other historic players like KAKA biggrin.gif pele, zico, jarizinho, didi, even Falcao.
This is the link http://flickr.com/photos/22551294@N08/2913...n/pool-raite666
Jack Sparrow
Welcome speedemon. biggrin.gif I used to love the Michael Jackson song when I was a kid.
Zed.D
Thanks for the link, speedemon.

What made you guys think Ronaldo's footprints are not there?? rolleyes.gif

acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 18 2008, 10:12 AM) *
Welcome speedemon. I used to love the Michael Jackson song when I was a kid.

That was decades ago, right? tongue.gif MJ, the 80s, unlimited soft drinks, cheeky video games, weird clothing, etc.
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 18 2008, 12:41 PM) *
What made you guys think Ronaldo's footprints are not there??

A little yellow bird flew to me, and whispered it in my ear! True story.

Jack Sparrow
^^

Was that before or after he pooped on your face? unsure.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 30 2008, 12:01 PM) *
Was that before or after he pooped on your face?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I think it was somewhere right in between that, um, incident. Or you know, the middle, yeah, while she was um disclosing the secret Ronaldo fact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.