Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan sign nine-year-old Thursday 25 September, 2008
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Ry4n
Milan sign nine-year-old Thursday 25 September, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have signed a nine-year-old Mexican boy, who has already been compared to Lionel Messi, Sergio Agüero and Diego Maradona.

In a piece of forward planning, the Rossoneri have pounced to secure the services of Edgardo Obregon.

The tiny trequartista had been learning the ropes at Guadalajara outfit Chivas where he has been nicknamed 'The Cat.'

Obregon impressed at the recent Milan Friendly youth tournament and was reportedly also approached by Barcelona.

“He's the heir to Messi, Aguero and Maradona,” Spanish newspaper Marca claimed.

Many of Europe's top clubs are recruiting players at a young age as the race to find the superstars of tomorrow becomes ever more competitive.

Il Capitano
We will se in 10 years how good he really is.
acid911
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Sep 26 2008, 01:27 AM) *
Milan have signed a nine-year-old Mexican boy, who has already been compared to Lionel Messi, Sergio Agüero and Diego Maradona.

I love how they compare him to all three players at once. Lol. laugh.gif Talk about great expectations!
drizzt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgaGSRhAyLA <-- this is our Gato (i assume Gato is 'The Cat') biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF5Bf0NrH_Q...feature=related <-- this one really shows how talented he is at milanello..

more information about him: http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/a...to-obregon.html

p/s: credit to GatoObregon on YouTube for the vids..
acid911
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif I've got just one little word for him: Holy Cow!
drizzt
he looks like paolo maldini's son, christian though.. maybe......... ohmy.gif
acid911
QUOTE (drizzt @ Sep 26 2008, 08:10 AM) *
he looks like paolo maldini's son, christian though.. maybe.........

Yeah, I had the exact same thought while I was watching the videos. happy.gif His hair and complexion look like him, plus he's the same age. Who knows, maybe they'll both be playing for us ten years down the line?
drizzt
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 26 2008, 03:18 AM) *
Yeah, I had the exact same thought while I was watching the videos. happy.gif His hair and complexion look like him, plus he's the same age. Who knows, maybe they'll both be playing for us ten years down the line?

nope.. i was thinking he is paolo's son with mexican mother... just like maradona did in italy years back.. but, naaaaah..
CrazyMilanFan
wow this kid surly is really gud and only 9 may be at 15-16 he mite even make it to milan coppa sort of matches
vnata001
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Sep 25 2008, 05:11 PM) *
We will se in 10 years how good he really is.

good god. born in 1999! i remember celebrating the 99 new year. i thought i was young dry.gif
Bluesummers
lol who was teh one who signed him. They better not ruin this kids career. That age can be dangerous.
kurtsimonw
I was not too far from being a teeanger when he was born.. and I'll probably be 30 by the time he even plays for the club. He'll probably flop and become a nobody anyways. tongue.gif
CrazyMilanFan
we have denied tht we didnt sign him
redbabies
Milan have released an official statement denying that they have signed Mexican nine-year-old Edgardo Obregon.

There were widespread reports yesterday that the Rossoneri had swooped for the tiny trequartista from Chivas of Guadalajara.

It was suggested that the Diavolo had beaten competition from Barcelona to bring the precocious talent to San Siro.

However, it seems that the story isn't true because Milan have rubbished the claims.

“We would like to deny categorically that we have ever agreed the signature of Obregon,” a statement on the club's website reads.

though there's a video which shows him playing for Milan (if thats the Milan of Italy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXohdGJ2kRU

Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 26 2008, 12:02 PM) *
I was not too far from being a teeanger when he was born.. and I'll probably be 30 by the time he even plays for the club. He'll probably flop and become a nobody anyways. tongue.gif

I graduated high school in 99 laugh.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Sep 26 2008, 12:57 AM) *
"He's the heir to Messi, Aguero and Maradona,"

laugh.gif This is too much. they said Messi was the new Maradona, Pato the new Ronaldo, Gourcuff the new Zidane, Benzema the new Trezeguet/Henry, etc. but to label a 9yo Messi, Aguero and Maradona's heir is just too much! stupid journalists...

Anyway, if he was going to be like Messi Barca would've kept him IMO.
Zed.D
... But he looks very good to be honest...!

unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
I think it's very difficult to tell at this age. I remember one of my friends from when I was about 10 years old used to run circles around everyone else our age, if you were watching him you'd think he was Maradona or something. But in reality he was nowhere near good enough to play professionaly, he just looked brilliant compared to who he was playing again. I'm 99% certain it'll be the same for this kid.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2008, 01:22 AM) *
I think it's very difficult to tell at this age. I remember one of my friends from when I was about 10 years old used to run circles around everyone else our age, if you were watching him you'd think he was Maradona or something. But in reality he was nowhere near good enough to play professionaly, he just looked brilliant compared to who he was playing again. I'm 99% certain it'll be the same for this kid.

I agree... it's almost impossible to tell if he's going to be like Messi and Bojan... not even Wenger can tell!
Warchant
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2008, 07:33 AM) *
I graduated high school in 99 laugh.gif

lol, so did i
acid911
QUOTE (Warchant @ Sep 27 2008, 11:42 AM) *
lol, so did i

And I never did graduate high school, so go figure! tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 27 2008, 12:36 AM) *
laugh.gif This is too much. they said Messi was the new Maradona, Pato the new Ronaldo, Gourcuff the new Zidane, Benzema the new Trezeguet/Henry, etc. but to label a 9yo Messi, Aguero and Maradona's heir is just too much! stupid journalists...

Anyway, if he was going to be like Messi Barca would've kept him IMO.

It's totally ridiculous this labeling thing...

Whichever team wanted to enter him into their youth system would have to convince the parents... and that's not always easy... take Sheva for example, Milan had been following his steps ever since he was very young but his family did not want to move to Italy or let him go when he was a bit older...

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2008, 12:52 AM) *

It's all about how he evolves. At his age he is obviously better than the other kids but if he does not get better with age then it would not matter...
Zed.D
I didn't know we followed Sheva when he was younger. if we could sign him a few years sooner, Nordahl would have been Milan's second best goalscorer of all-time now!
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 28 2008, 08:42 PM) *
I didn't know we followed Sheva when he was younger. if we could sign him a few years sooner, Nordahl would have been Milan's second best goalscorer of all-time now!

Yes he played with one of Dynamo Kyiv youth teams against the respective Milan one. That's when we spotted him.

Of course we should have followed this guy too! Not only back then but also when Albertini suggested we should sign him later on... sleep.gif Now he plays for that team... puke.gif
Rivaldo
Ehhh, Torres is fantastic forward.
Jack Sparrow
I don't like Torres. Something about him, that just doesn't appeal to me personality-wise. I think he's a little dull.
Rivaldo
This is ridiculously.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 29 2008, 05:07 PM) *
I don't like Torres. Something about him, that just doesn't appeal to me personality-wise. I think he's a little dull.

He's so far up his own *** he's coming out of his own mouth. Good player though.
Warchant
we should've put this kid in against cagliari laugh.gif
Devillito
So, did we sign him? unsure.gif
He plays for us but we didnt sign him? huh.gif
Can someone explain?
dst
I believe he was just invited to play in some youth tournament...
acid911
...and no he wasn't signed.
pacang

ahh.. pity.. if we did, maybe one day we can see the cat playing side by side with the duck..
acid911
QUOTE (pacang @ Oct 8 2008, 05:15 PM) *
ahh.. pity.. if we did, maybe one day we can see the cat playing side by side with the duck..

I personally think he's under the radar. rolleyes.gif Who knows, maybe he'll play for us someday? I remember Ajax signed a 7-year-old boy some times back, and frankly that experiment failed badly. But like you said, a combo of Gato and Pato sounds too mouthwatering to miss!
dst
Freddy Adu...
acid911
He's another one, yeah. smile.gif Best bet is to let nature take it's course, and let these boys develop.
Jack Sparrow
Freddy Adu...

Jason Vorhees...
Warchant
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 8 2008, 08:06 AM) *
Freddy Adu...

gal_kenny
what's the point with this topic..milan already denied that they didn't sign any 9 year old..The topic should be closed..i think..
San Paolo
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 8 2008, 07:26 PM) *
Jason Vorhees...

i think he's called sonny pike..signed in the mid nineties..
acid911
QUOTE (San Paolo @ Oct 10 2008, 06:30 PM) *
i think he's called sonny pike..signed in the mid nineties..

Who? The 7-year-old? Yeah, he was Sonny Pike, had a pretty sad end from what I know. sad.gif Another reason to let the boys develop on their own, and when they're ready sign them.

Sonny Pike @ Wikipedia
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.