Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gattuso makes quick return from surgery
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
MILAN, Italy (AP) - AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has recovered sooner than expected from a wrist injury and was named in the team's squad for Thursday's UEFA Cup opener against FC Zurich.

Gattuso was operated on after a freak fall during training with Italy's national team 10 days ago.

Milan needs a victory to raise morale after losing its first two matches of the Serie A season.

Gattuso is expected to be a substitute against Zurich. He resumed training this week with a cast on his arm.

Midfielder Andrea Pirlo will be re-examined Friday for a thigh injury that could keep him out for a month or two. Striker Filippo Inzaghi and defenders Alessandro Nesta and Philippe Senderos are also injured.

Captain Paolo Maldini and defender Gianluca Zambrotta were left off the roster to rest.

The Brazilian trio of Kaka, Alexandre Pato and Ronaldinho were called up, along with Andriy Shevchenko.
Zed.D
And he was supposed to miss the Derby! he's an amazing fast healer. always recovers a couple of weeks ahead of schedule.
kurtsimonw
Not good enough for us at the moment, with him back from injury it's not all good news in my opinion.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 17 2008, 06:41 PM) *
Not good enough for us at the moment, with him back from injury it's not all good news in my opinion.

No one said its gonna make the team stronger by miles, but its still good to see hes fit again to return. Hope he can keep with this great level of conditioning through out his career. Hes a Beast!! cool.gif
Devillito
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 18 2008, 04:20 AM) *
he's an amazing fast healer.

He's Wolverine mate!! cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^

ohmy.gif Another comics lover. wub.gif And he shares my sentiments...

HE is Wolverine...Hugh Jackman who??
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 18 2008, 11:39 AM) *
HE is Wolverine...Hugh Jackman who??

Sorry, but Hugh Jackman would rip Gattuso apart. wink.gif He's taller, stronger, and more physically imposing than Rino. Gattuso certainly has healing abilities, stamina and heart, but the Jack man is no slouch himself, huh Jack (pun alwyas intended)?

That's what I think, at least.
dst
!??! You're kidding me? That's fast even for his standards... when he retires he should take part in a medical experiment... humanity needs this power! biggrin.gif

Gattuso should take Ambrosini's place who has been not at his best in my view.
Jack Sparrow
You just prefer Wolverine over Sabertooth. tongue.gif

Bluesummers
one word to describe gattuso: Animal
Portman
Bench him. Play Flamini.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Portikins @ Sep 19 2008, 09:01 PM) *
Bench him. Play Flamini.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif You're rating Flamini or what? smile.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 19 2008, 08:45 PM) *
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif You're rating Flamini or what? smile.gif

Could it be fate ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.