Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti: Anything less than scudetto is a failure
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Portman
Anything Less Than Scudetto Is Failure - Ancelotti

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti gave his first pre-match press conference of the new season and reiterated the team's objective is to win the Scudetto.

Today Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti held his first pre-match press conference of the new Serie A season, and immediately made it clear that anything less than a Scudetto victory will be considered a failure.

"The objective is only to win the Scudetto, everyone must know that," he said. "We don't like to finish second. The pressure on me? I'm fine with it, actually I can't wait to get started."

Compared to last season, when Milan were frequently short on strikers due to unexpected injuries, the situation up front seems to be much different this time around.

"We have seven striker available and it won't be easy to manage them," Ancelotti continued. "It won't be easy but it won't be impossible either, because I have faith in the players' professionalism, they know some of them will have to stay out of the team.

"Sheva? He is very motivated, probably he has realised some of the mistakes he has made and now he has a lot of desire to well again here. Ronaldinho? There's a lot of expectation for him, but he still has to understand how the team plays, which is normal, the process of integration into a team is always gradual. Right now he will still lack the chemistry with the other players, which will come with time."

Finally, on the goalkeeper issue, Ancelotti revealed that for the time being he will count on Christian Abbiati: "All three are working well, and competition can be stimulating, but tomorrow we will start with Abbiati."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=841392

Meanining... no scudetto, no Carletto for next season.

This topic might be useful in the future.
acid911
Good. I hope he stays true to his word. dry.gif Nice to know that he understands the severity of the matter.
Zed.D
Of course he knows no Scudetto equals no job in Milan next season.
Fillipo Simone
Well, after this summers transfer period and last seasons bad ending it's only natural he has only on chance left..

Btw., why don't we have a Carletto thread opened?
kurtsimonw
Hopefully this is his way of saying he's leaving at the end of the season. He either leaves on a high, or admits he's 'failed' by not winning the title. Maybe it's wishful thinking.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 30 2008, 05:24 PM) *
Hopefully this is his way of saying he's leaving at the end of the season. He either leaves on a high, or admits he's 'failed' by not winning the title. Maybe it's wishful thinking.

If he wins the scudetto (I admit, it's the big IF) he'll stay 99%. And I wouldn't mind cause he became an expert in CL finals. So...
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 30 2008, 08:06 PM) *
Of course he knows no Scudetto equals no job in Milan next season.

Oh, if only things were these simple, we'd have finished 3rd at least last year. sad.gif Two consecutive failures didn't do it, so who knows Carlo may finish second, win the UEFA Cup, and still keep his job. Which while isn't the greatest of things, but just might be fine for me.

I'd prefer the league too. tongue.gif And UEFA Cup. Both, please.
I_Rossoneri
We should always go for the league smile.gif

acid911
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Aug 31 2008, 12:53 AM) *
We should always go for the league

Always. And the UEFA Cup too. cool.gif If anyone can do a double (or treble) it's Milan. AC.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 30 2008, 09:48 PM) *
Always. And the UEFA Cup too. cool.gif If anyone can do a double (or treble) it's Milan. AC.

Hasn't been high on our agenda for sometime though! It's about time we changed that and gave the league a higher priority.
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Aug 30 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Hasn't been high on our agenda for sometime though! It's about time we changed that and gave the league a higher priority.

Personally I don't believe all the "oh the league just wasn't our top priority this season, the CWC was" cr@p.

Last season and the one before that we didn't have a squad that was good enough to fight for a league title, something you have to be consistant for in order to win it. So once we dropped back from the leaders by the 4th week into the league we had no choice but to put our energy into another competition, so the excuse that it was never top priority is all BS on Galliani's part, especially when at the start of the season when everyone is starting at zero all the players, coach and Galliani say that we want to win the league.
gal_kenny
If milan doesn't win scudetto..Ancelotti's out...But we will...
Jack Sparrow
Milan will need to finish in the top 3 (in a close finish) and win the UEFA cup for Carlo to stay. Otherwise they'll have to go all out and win the scudetto.

If our defence gels, this team has enough firepower to win the double.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 1 2008, 02:06 AM) *
Milan will need to finish in the top 3 (in a close finish) and win the UEFA cup for Carlo to stay. Otherwise they'll have to go all out and win the scudetto.

If our defence gels, this team has enough firepower to win the double.

well said dozer. right on like always dinho.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.