Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paloschi joins Parma
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
whoarethepatriots
Serie B giants Parma have swooped to secure Milan striking starlet Alberto Paloschi in a co-ownership agreement.

The Ducali were relegated last season after a 19-year spell in the top flight but they are strong favourites to bounce straight back.

Gigi Cagni's side have kept hold of Azzurri hitman Cristiano Lucarelli and have now added a star of the future to the ranks.

Italian Under-19 international Paloschi was unexpectedly thrust into the spotlight last term when an injury crisis at San Siro handed him his first senior starts.

Paloschi thrived on the pressure and found the net just minutes into his debut against Siena, but his chances of playing first-team football this term were slim with the additions of Ronaldinho and Marco Borriello.

After being linked with Torino, Reggina and Genoa, Paloschi has finally found a club for the 2008-09 season and will be a dangerous weapon in Serie B.

Link

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

WHY? WHY NOT LOAN? We will now stupidly buy him back for 6-10 million when we could have just loaned him out

kurtsimonw
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Aug 27 2008, 01:55 PM) *
WHY? WHY NOT LOAN? We will now stupidly buy him back for 6-10 million when we could have just loaned him out

innocent.gif
arivanjj
very stupid move indeed
Jack Sparrow
Ok let's break this down. We need Paloschi to have first team experience in a good club. The best avenue for that would be Parma. But Parma say, they will not take him on loan, only on co-ownership. What then? Do we keep him on in the roster and make him play 1 match a month?? That would be selfish, in my native tongue, the analogy would be the 'dog in the stable'. That doesn't let the horse eat the hay, nor does it touch the hay itself.
dst
Not a loan deal? huh.gif We're stupid!

Anyway... Serie B is great, lots of hacking, it will get him tough! cool.gif
YoungGun
I think it's a best choice for all! ^^
Jack Sparrow
Oh for Pete's sake.. rolleyes.gif

Let me make it clear the last time, since nobody seems to get it. Teams don't loan first team prospects, coz the smaller team is not interested. That particular market does not seem to exist, esp for clubs with flourishing youth academies, like Milan, Juve etc.

Still not convinced...ok my last freaking try. We've been loaning out Borriello for years. And shite happened. We sold him on a co-ownership to Genoa, and boom first season...Yippee-ki-yay, motherf@cker!! And if one of y'all even think of saying it was the cocaine he sniffed, I'll go ballistic... realmad.gif
vahid
I hope we pay more than 20 million to take him back!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 27 2008, 02:26 PM) *
Let me make it clear the last time, since nobody seems to get it. Teams don't loan first team prospects, coz the smaller team is not interested.

I disagree.

Why would Parma not want a hot prospect for free for a whole season, I don't see what they would lose from this. Do you really think Parma would say "No, even though Paloschi is agreat player and would improve us, we don't want him for free.. we'd rather pay for him".

Loanage is ownage.
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 27 2008, 06:09 PM) *
Not a loan deal? We're stupid!

Still got doubts? biggrin.gif We can send guys like Abbiati and Brocchi on loan, and for a future prospect a co-ownership deal. So we can spill more $$$ to buy him back. Bah!
han2503
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Aug 27 2008, 12:55 PM) *
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

The simple reason that it's not a loan deal is because Parma would have no incentive to play him if he's still only there on loan. Why should they play a player that they don't own only for him to get the experiance needed only for the bigger club to come in and snatch him up once they think he's ready?

Anyway, co-ownership will always favour the bigger club, so it's nothing to worry about
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 27 2008, 02:50 PM) *
The simple reason that it's not a loan deal is because Parma would have no incentive to play him if he's still only there on loan. Why should they play a player that they don't own.

Because he'll improve their team?

Are people telling me that if Milan offered Kaka' out on loan to an Italian club they would all say "No thanks, we'd have no incentive to play him"? huh.gif
Ry4n
i hope he can do what Rossi did last season but this time bring them back up to Serie A
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2008, 01:55 PM) *
Because he'll improve their team?

Are people telling me that if Milan offered Kaka' out on loan to an Italian club they would all say "No thanks, we'd have no incentive to play him"? huh.gif

Still tht player will be taken back by the bigger club. Kaka is Kaka, and he would be played, not that it will ever happen tongue.gif

For example, look at Giovinco last season at Empoli, he was one of their best players, but he always got subbed out or wasn't played becuase he was just a loaned player
kurtsimonw
Then I have to say Italian managers are stupid. If you're not going to play somebody with undoubted quality, just because you don't own him. Questions need to be asked about your ability to manage a club.
Rossoneri7
tsk tsk tsk ... And they still doubt this managements methods dry.gif

What is the point ..
kurtsimonw
Of course I'm going to doubt it. We threw away £5m on Borriello, when a loan would have been much simpler. I don't buy this "They wouldn't field them since they don't own them", if they're good enough, they'll play.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, R7. The management hasn't done enough in recent years to suggest that they know exactly what they're doing.
Rossoneri7
Yeah, go ahead ... Take your cheap shot at the management dry.gif
gal_kenny
The reason why milan opted for Paloschi to go to Parma is b/c he'll have to fight and play hard to bring parma back to Serie A and that can bring out the best in him..He'll want to play well and win and by that we could see a really different Paloschi...
whoarethepatriots
Guiseppe Rossi was loaned to Parma two seasons ago. You could argue that Parma would have no incentive to play him, but they did. They needed a player like him to improve their club and so they played him irrespective of his status. We could have loaned him and got a similar effect.

Nevertheless, i hope this is some sort of goodwill gift to Parma or a bargaining chip to be used to gain Parma's favour and buy (half of) Dessena and Cigarini
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 27 2008, 04:00 PM) *
Yeah, go ahead ... Take your cheap shot at the management dry.gif

It#s not a cheap shot, I only criticise when I feel they do things wrong. Even though I've questioned many of the transfers this summer, I've still maintained that is has been a good transfer window so far.

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Aug 27 2008, 04:20 PM) *
Guiseppe Rossi was loaned to Parma two seasons ago. You could argue that Parma would have no incentive to play him, but they did. They needed a player like him to improve their club and so they played him irrespective of his status. We could have loaned him and got a similar effect.

cool.gif
Bluesummers
excellent. I have no doubt that paloschi chose this.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2008, 09:27 PM) *
Of course I'm going to doubt it. We threw away £5m on Borriello, when a loan would have been much simpler. I don't buy this "They wouldn't field them since they don't own them", if they're good enough, they'll play.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, R7. The management hasn't done enough in recent years to suggest that they know exactly what they're doing.

We did that before, with the same player and shite happened. I think it's a mental thing. They don't like to be salaried employees, I guess. unsure.gif

Giuseppe Rossi wasn't obtained from an Italian club. He was a Man U player. And look what happened after he left in a hurry? Co-ownership is an italy-centric thing. I've always known about it, so it doesn't mean a lot to me.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 28 2008, 09:00 AM) *
We did that before, with the same player and shite happened. I think it's a mental thing. They don't like to be salaried employees, I guess. unsure.gif

It's very rare for a team to pay wages of the player that they're loaning.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2008, 11:36 AM) *
It's very rare for a team to pay wages of the player that they're loaning.

Well we've seen Chelsea do it countless times, Crespo with both us and Inter and Veron. But I guess that's because they're idiots. I wonder if they're paying some portion of Sheva's wages....
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 28 2008, 01:59 PM) *
Well we've seen Chelsea do it countless times, Crespo with both us and Inter and Veron. But I guess that's because they're idiots. I wonder if they're paying some portion of Sheva's wages....

With proven players or big club to big club loans, the loaning team will probably pay the wages. But for a big club loaning a player to a small club for development? The big club pays the wages 99% of the time.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 28 2008, 03:59 PM) *

I'm wondering if they are paying the bigger portion of Sheva's wage wink.gif

@kurt, you don't need to tell me what the management have done or not done, they can only be judged by the results that they bring. And considering the competitive nature of Silvio Berlusconi's Milan which averages out to 1.2 trophies per season (considering 22 years history). Then how can you say that they do things wrong, if anything they are the reason Milan is one of the most feared sides in the world.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 29 2008, 09:53 AM) *
I'm wondering if they are paying the bigger portion of Sheva's wage wink.gif

@kurt, you don't need to tell me what the management have done or not done, they can only be judged by the results that they bring. And considering the competitive nature of Silvio Berlusconi's Milan which averages out to 1.2 trophies per season (considering 22 years history). Then how can you say that they do things wrong, if anything they are the reason Milan is one of the most feared sides in the world.

I know what Silvio has done for this team, and his trophy average per year thing is great and all. But he threw away £5m on Borriello over a co-ownership, and I'm sure we'll do the same with Paloschi, so in my opinion it's a bad decision.

Milan are one of the most feared and succesful sides in the World? You won't hear an arguement from me. One thing that does get to me a little though, is this. Silvio took over Milan and made us great, how exactly? Money. And it does get a little annoying that people will just insult and criticise Chelsea, Real and Barca for their high spending approach, when ultimately that's what Silvio did. I know people will look at it differently since they support the club, but Abromovich has won tonnes of trophies for Chelsea, the same way Silvio did for Milan, in my opinion.

Does Silvio go about his business in a classier way.. I'm not so sure. He's quite arrogant and such. People often say bad about Roman, but I'm not sure where this hatred comes from, does he do bad thing sin public? No, he hardly ever speaks. He does get involved with transfers too much for my liking, but so does Silvio. But hey, its' their money to do so.

I respect both what Silvio has done for Milan, and what Roman has done for Chelsea. Will I question their decisions? Of course, all the time. I'm a football fan and will not always agree with every decision.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 29 2008, 05:08 PM) *
I respect both what Silvio has done for Milan, and what Roman has done for Chelsea. Will I question their decisions? Of course, all the time. I'm a football fan and will not always agree with every decision.

You don't get too far not doing what they did. dry.gif It just has to be done. How did they get so dirty, filthy rich in the first place? And I don't know about Roman, but Silvio has done some classy things during his time here in the club - whether to cover up or whatever is anyone's guess.

But I get your point.
Bluesummers
easy bros, chill and listen to some konvict music. look up the transfer details.

1) paloschi decided to look at all the clubs included in serie A and B and so did the management.
2) they agreed that parma has the best youth system and would give him a chance to learn and get first team action
3) parma got too much pride, they dont train players for free and only will take him on co ownership. They want money from their efforts.
4) he will be back and i would pay 10m for him because when he comes back he will tear it up.
kurtsimonw
I sort of agree, but they're not "training a player for free". They're getting a guy who's going to score them upwards up 10/15 goals for free. A player that will probably guide them back to promotion to Serie A for free. Surely that's reward enough? They help us by giving him experience, we help them by giving them a class young player. No money need be involved.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 30 2008, 05:54 AM) *
I sort of agree, but they're not "training a player for free". They're getting a guy who's going to score them upwards up 10/15 goals for free. A player that will probably guide them back to promotion to Serie A for free. Surely that's reward enough? They help us by giving him experience, we help them by giving them a class young player. No money need be involved.

i get your point too but then again they could go and buy some young talent and improve him and he'll continually score them goals for years on. and eventually they will make money off him. So why should they bother loaning , get what i mean?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.