Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official: Milan Sign Senderos
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3
arivanjj
Milan have completed the signing of Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos on a one year loan deal, with the option to make the move permanent next summer.

The Rossoneri have been desperately searching for a centre back in recent weeks following the injury to key man Alessandro Nesta.

With Dario Simic and Digao both being offloaded, things started to become desperate for the Rossoneri when primary target Branislav Ivanovic, who had seemed certain to join from Chelsea, saw his transfer fall through at the last moment.

It was reported last week that Milan had turned their attentions to another Premiership based player, in the form of Arsenal centre back Philippe Senderos, and the deal has now been officially completed.

The Swiss centre back arrives on a one year loan deal, and Milan have the option to make the move permanent for a set fee next summer.

Senderos had been well down the pecking order at Arsenal following an error-prone season last term, and Arsene Wenger signalled his intention to let him leave after signing Manchester United’s Mickael Silvestre last week.

The 23-year-old Senderos made 74 Premiership appearances, scoring four goals, since signing for Arsenal from Servette in December 2002.

He has won 31 caps for Switzerland, playing at World Cup 2006 and Euro 2008.

goal.com
vahid
It's not official yet sleep.gif
dst
Ari!!! king.gif
kurtsimonw
Thanksfully it's only a loan. No money wasted on this awful defender.. unless for some strange reason we make it permanent.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2008, 01:15 PM) *
Thanksfully it's only a loan. No money wasted on this awful defender.. unless for some strange reason we make it permanent.

hopefully the strange reason will be that he turns out to be gud dry.gif
Zed.D
I'm going to watch Milan-Arsenal again... THAT Senderos was good enough for our 3rd/4th choice CB.
whoarethepatriots
Lord, what have we done that warrants this punishment? Did the gods not appreciate our swoop for Ronaldinho? Was it written in the stars that Sheva wasnt supposed to come back? Are you angry at the obscene amounts we paid for Zambrotta and Borriello?

Normally i would be happy that we have a CB, but Senderos is the flakiest, most error prone and mentally shattered CB in the world!

Like kurt said im glad its only a loan and not permanent deal. Lets not buy him up next season
kurtsimonw
I would honestly hope for Kaladze to start every single game this season if it meant Senderos wouldn't get into the team. dry.gif

Then again, it's only on goal. I'll wait until I see it on the official site.
aLbErTo
oh guys, even kaladze looks good aside maldini...so why senderos wouldnt wink.gif you'll see, he's goona do great wink.gif
han2503
Well it's now on channel 4 also.

It this turns out to be BS goal.com is to blame for the controversy tongue.gif

But thankfully if it's true it's on loan so if he doesn't perform then we can kick his @ss back to where he came from.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 25 2008, 02:01 PM) *
Well it's now on channel 4 also.

It this turns out to be BS goal.com is to blame for the controversy tongue.gif

But thankfully if it's true it's on loan so if he doesn't perform then we can kick his @ss back to where he came from.

and if it does not go through goal should shut down then laugh.gif
LaPalma
Noooo....
What kurt said...thank god it's only on a loan.
Fillipo Simone
My-o-my..it's a killer combo, Kala-Send
Jack Sparrow
I think Senderos is being brought in, purely as a depth option. He'll probably be occupying the Simic position, which is behind Bonera. Not too scared about this. I would be, if Senderos were meant to be first choice.

He's mentally shattered? Good, we seem to do a good job rehabilitating players. So I hope we got a purchase option along with it. I'm gonna hope this works out for the best. Coz Senderos does have a lot of potential, just that he's very error prone (esp in the last couple of seasons)...maybe Senderos would force Kaladze to pull up his socks.
Mook
So that also would be the official close of the window. If people weren't happy about Sheva, this ones not going to improve there mood. tongue.gif

I haven't seen alot of Senderos and by the sounds of it that would seem to be a good thing. So what are his bad qualities or would it be easier to list his good qualities.. laugh.gif
Tennie
Still nothing official on either club's website.
Ry4n
fingers crossed its official !
jefri91
omg this guy is just horrible, he seriously sucks.

Even my friends who support Arsenal say that he sucks
kurtsimonw
This would be worse than buying nobody.
Mook
Watching the 2nd leg highlights from last season, he's definitely against marking players. The free header Pippo gets in the first half, look where Senderos is positioned. WTF is he doing, he's just standing there watching. I guess it is only the knockout stages of the CL after all. dry.gif

Even when Kaka' has that shot on his left foot in the first half, he just stands in the box instead of closing him down. Also in that same half he almost plays Pippo in from a long range Kaladze ball which should have been dealt with easily.

Anyone got anything positive to say about him, besides hoping he stays at Arsenal. biggrin.gif
CrazyMilanFan
still not official hope it stays like this
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Mook @ Aug 25 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Watching the 2nd leg highlights from last season, he's definitely against marking players. The free header Pippo gets in the first half, look where Senderos is positioned. WTF is he doing, he's just standing there watching. I guess it is only the knockout stages of the CL after all. dry.gif

Even when Kaka' has that shot on his left foot in the first half, he just stands in the box instead of closing him down. Also in that same half he almost plays Pippo in from a long range Kaladze ball which should have been dealt with easily.

Anyone got anything positive to say about him, besides hoping he stays at Arsenal. biggrin.gif

he is a gud replacment for digao
kurtsimonw
Senderos vs Liverpool <-- Here he is trying to mark the lightning quick, goal poacher Sami Hyppia. rolleyes.gif What a joke. If you get owned like that by a defender that's as mobile as the statue of Liberty, what the hell are the likes of Zalatan going to do to him!?
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Senderos vs Liverpool <-- Here he is trying to mark the lightning quick, goal poacher Sami Hyppia. rolleyes.gif What a joke. If you get owned like that by a defender that's as mobile as the statue of Liberty, what the hell are the likes of Zalatan going to do to him!?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Warchant
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2008, 03:21 PM) *

wow
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2008, 05:21 PM) *

That Hyppia forward looks great. Natural goal scorer biggrin.gif

If you want something positive: Senderos speeks Italian (along with English, French, Spanish, German and Portuguese), so it will be a little easier on him to set in.
Giancarlo
This is really not what I wanted. Everything was going right up until now. Come on... it would have been so much better if we just signed Kovac...

So far there is nothing official here... if there is nothing on Milan's website... then this is a hoax.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh,...maybe Senderos will be a acceptable add. I hope Nesta and Maldini will somehow avoid their usual injuries and well... avoid Senderos making his debut as long as possible. But he is young...which makes the story even dumber IMO. I'd rather had a defender like Samp's Lucchini or Bologna's Castellini, not to speak of Panucci, then Senderos.

I don't see how Senderos is better then... Darmain or Bonera.
Zed.D
Come on you people! we're not, god forbid, replacing Maldini or Nesta with him. he's supposed to sit his *** on the bench most of times...

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Aug 25 2008, 06:09 PM) *
fingers crossed its official !

biggrin.gif You're being sarcastic, right?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (misha @ Aug 25 2008, 05:42 PM) *
If you want something positive: Senderos speeks Italian (along with English, French, Spanish, German and Portuguese), so it will be a little easier on him to set in.

Umm,..I guess he speaks Serbian too. After all his mother is from there,..

Anyway, and impressive collection of languages.
gal_kenny
Are u kidding me? we bought Senderos? oh s****...why? He gat everything a defender needs but his football IQ needs to be upgraded as a defender...He's error prone..Maine..I hope this doesn't turn out to be bad for us...
Ry4n
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 25 2008, 03:55 PM) *
Come on you people! we're not, god forbid, replacing Maldini or Nesta with him. he's supposed to sit his *** on the bench most of times...

biggrin.gif You're being sarcastic, right?

hes a suitable back up just like simic was back up for back up imo he could be good
Giancarlo
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Aug 25 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Are u kidding me? we bought Senderos? oh s****...why? He gat everything a defender needs but his football IQ needs to be upgraded as a defender...He's error prone..Maine..I hope this doesn't turn out to be bad for us...

There is nothing on ACMilan.com. I frankly do not know where Goal.com is getting this from.

I'm not totally against signing him, but I don't want a project to see if we can improve him (which we mostly can)... I want results now.

Tennie
There's still nothing official on either club's website or on the Lega Calcio page where transfers are registered. (as of 18:00, Milan time)
Portman
Shevchenko... and 2 days after, the almighty Senderos?

What the hell is going on in Via Turati?!
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 25 2008, 04:06 PM) *
There's still nothing official on either club's website or on the Lega Calcio page where transfers are registered. (as of 18:00, Milan time)

I've looked at that goal.com article and they cite... nothing. They don't even say where they are getting it from. I may email them and ask.

I'm starting to think this is a hoax.
TriniKing_CE
Now saw on Sky Sports (breaking news) sourcing from Milan Ch... that Sendros will undergo a medical 2morrow at Milan. sad.gif
ohmy.gif Nooooooooo!!
gal_kenny
I JUST SAW IT TOO ON SKYSPORTS NEWS...
kurtsimonw
Me too. Not good news at all, one of those signings that makes you want to scream!

Giancarlo
I don't know really. Maybe he might fit better in the Serie A... but again I don't want a project to fix a player...

Why couldn't we just sign Kovac for 5 million and be done with it? There would be no loan deal... and I highly doubt that Arsenal (specifically Arsene Wenger) would let go of him cheaply. Why did Arsene not veto this deal?

And why is nothing reported on the official websites? Either of them from what I see...? Where exactly are all these news sources getting their information from?
Portman
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 25 2008, 05:28 PM) *
I don't know really. Maybe he might fit better in the Serie A... but again I don't want a project to fix a player...

Why couldn't we just sign Kovac for 5 million and be done with it? There would be no loan deal... and I highly doubt that Arsenal (specifically Arsene Wenger) would let go of him cheaply. Why did Arsene not veto this deal?

And why is nothing reported on the official websites? Either of them from what I see...? Where exactly are all these news sources getting their information from?

Sh!t players fit nowhere.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 25 2008, 04:29 PM) *
Sh!t players fit nowhere.

I don't think he's sh * t. But I think there are many better defenders out there.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 25 2008, 05:28 PM) *

The people on Sky Sports are saying "Sources from Milan are saying.." so I'm assuming the news has been leaked by somebody in the club, or they have somebody in Milan that has been told by the club.

Hopefully he fails the medical.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2008, 05:36 PM) *
The people on Sky Sports are saying "Sources from Milan are saying.." so I'm assuming the news has been leaked by somebody in the club, or they have somebody in Milan that has been told by the club.

Hopefully he fails the medical.

other than thuram how many players have failed it i mean what is the probablity not much i would say
han2503
Milan channel confirm the signing

Milan Channel: Senderos è rossonero

Non ci sono ancora i comunicati perchè il giocatore volerà solo domani in Italia ad effettuare le visite mediche, ma Philippe Senderos è un nuovo difensore del Milan: lo ha ufficializzato Milan Channel, rivelando che qualora non fosse arrivato il Gunner, i rossoneri avrebbero acquistato il brasiliano Luisao dal Benfica.
Mook
And everything was going along so well.. mad.gif
Tennie
realmad.gif ARGH. It was a choice between him and Luisao? realmad.gif WHY DID YOU NOT DO THE SMART THING AND PICK LUISAO?realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif
Fillipo Simone
So this is the 10th Milan signing this summer? Gee... unsure.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 25 2008, 06:48 PM) *
realmad.gif ARGH. It was a choice between him and Luisao? realmad.gif WHY DID YOU NOT DO THE SMART THING AND PICK LUISAO?realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.