Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan set for Ivanovic crunch talks
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2
dst
Milan set for Ivanovic crunch talks
Wednesday 13 August, 2008
Today could be the day that Milan complete a swoop for Chelsea’s Serbian defender Branislav Ivanovic.

The Rossoneri are looking to swell their defensive ranks and have set their sights on the 24-year-old stopper.

Ivanovic has been told that he doesn’t feature in Luiz Felipe Scolari’s first-team plans for the coming campaign and has grown frustrated at his inactivity in West London since arriving in January from Lokomotiv Moscow.

The most likely solution is a loan deal, which will allow Milan to add some depth to their back line for the season and prevent Chelsea from losing a possible star of the future.

The world champions are likely to be offered the chance to make the deal permanent this time next year for a fee of around £10m.

Diavolo transfer guru Ariedo Braida is expected in London within the next few hours to meet with Ivanovic’s agent Marko Naletilic and Chelsea chief Peter Kenyon.

A number of details still have to be ironed out, but a deal could be completed within the working day.

channel4
CrazyMilanFan
2 days ago gallaini was supposd to be in london and seal the deal
Tennie
Ha. True, CMF. But Gazzetta/Mediaset/etc are all reporting what's stated above in the Channel 4 article. Apparently today's the day.
Jack Sparrow
dst is here!!! biggrin.gif Oh happy happy..joy joy...mon ami..mi fratello...Mmmmuuuuaaah! wub.gif
CrazyMilanFan
mediaset do seem real confident they are talking abt his training with milan will start immdeitly wow let see how it goes
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 13 2008, 03:30 PM) *
dst is here!!! Oh happy happy..joy joy...mon ami..mi fratello...Mmmmuuuuaaah!

Right. Last I checked he was after your blood, man. unsure.gif I'd be very careful when and how I laugh. tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Oh you must be new here. dst and I have this on-again off-again relationship. R7, Tennie, agenth,Max and Portikins take turns forming this triangle of affection. wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
Well, he'll be ours I suppose... dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
Who Pana???

Oh yeah...m1ke owns his @$$...and soul too...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 13 2008, 01:49 PM) *

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 13 2008, 01:52 PM) *
Who Pana???

laugh.gif laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
everyone says brida will go to london is he in london any source whihc says he is in london???
Tennie
None so far, CMF. They all seem sure he's going, though.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 13 2008, 02:36 PM) *
None so far, CMF. They all seem sure he's going, though.

that is my concern i am afraid most of them were all sure gallaini will be in london on monday finger crossed for this one
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 13 2008, 01:49 PM) *

A Croat out, a Serb in... don't like it either.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 13 2008, 01:52 PM) *
Who Pana???

I don't bite the pillar, I bite the neck!
Giancarlo
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 13 2008, 03:12 PM) *
A Croat out, a Serb in... don't like it either.

I have no problem with Serbs playing for Milan... I'm sure some remember Savicevic...
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 13 2008, 03:49 PM) *
Oh you must be new here. dst and I have this on-again off-again relationship. R7, Tennie, agenth,Max and Portikins take turns forming this triangle of affection.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 13 2008, 07:12 PM) *
I don't bite the pillar, I bite the neck!

unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 13 2008, 07:15 PM) *
I have no problem with Serbs playing for Milan... I'm sure some remember Savicevic...

Most do. He's not someone that people forget anytime soon. cool.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 13 2008, 10:15 AM) *

Savicevic is Montenegrin, however. smile.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 13 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Savicevic is Montenegrin, however. smile.gif

Ah you're right on that one... I was thinking Yugoslavia... Montenegro is independent now too...
gal_kenny
Milan should sign Ivanovic already. Now that we have sold Digao and Simic...we should be getting two defenders...Forza Milan biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
Maybe there's someone better and we're making calculations with Ivanovic? Maybe we want some on permanent? tongue.gif tongue.gif (this is me dreaming)
Habitant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 13 2008, 08:05 PM) *
Maybe there's someone better and we're making calculations with Ivanovic? Maybe we want some on permanent? tongue.gif tongue.gif (this is me dreaming)

come one you really dont like this guy? you dont even rate vidic! he is easily in the top 5 CB in the world. i mean it's not by chance that Man u's def has been arguably Europe's best for the past couple of seasons.
Tennie
(from the ticker on Mediaset)

Si terrà giovedì mattina l'incontro decisivo per mettere nero su bianco il passaggio di Branislav Ivanovic dal Chelsea al Milan. Arrivato l'ok alla formula del prestito, l'ultimo nodo da risolvere riguarderebbe il prezzo da fissare per il diritto di riscatto del difensore. Fonti vicine alla società rossonera parlano di "ottimismo" per la conclusione positiva della trattativa

[The decisive meeting for Ivanovic's transfer from Chelsea to Milan should be Thursday morning. The loan part has been agreed but there's still some negotiation to do with regards to the right-to-purchase part of the contract. Sources close to Milan speak of 'optimism' regarding a successful conclusion to the negotiations.]
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 13 2008, 10:53 PM) *
(from the ticker on Mediaset)

Si terrà giovedì mattina l'incontro decisivo per mettere nero su bianco il passaggio di Branislav Ivanovic dal Chelsea al Milan. Arrivato l'ok alla formula del prestito, l'ultimo nodo da risolvere riguarderebbe il prezzo da fissare per il diritto di riscatto del difensore. Fonti vicine alla società rossonera parlano di "ottimismo" per la conclusione positiva della trattativa

[The decisive meeting for Ivanovic's transfer from Chelsea to Milan should be Thursday morning. The loan part has been agreed but there's still some negotiation to do with regards to the right-to-purchase part of the contract. Sources close to Milan speak of 'optimism' regarding a successful conclusion to the negotiations.]

Good to hear... hopefully this deal will be hammered out tomorrow morning.
GrinReaper
I hope they don't cancel the deal if they don't get a satisfactory buy clause in the loan deal. I'll be happy if we can simply get him on loan for a season. We really need a CB now. The need is dire.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 13 2008, 11:49 PM) *
come one you really dont like this guy? you dont even rate vidic! he is easily in the top 5 CB in the world. i mean it's not by chance that Man u's def has been arguably Europe's best for the past couple of seasons.

No I don't like him. Vidic is good. Very good even. But the ball control and technique he has makes me.. puke.gif . And I don't like halflings that much. I like foot-ballers not foot-punchers.

Yeah? He's the best? Canna, Rio, Sandro, JT, Puyol - that's the 5 best. Vidic is not near one of them.

Vidic + Van der Sar + Rio Ferdinand + decent (and more) fullbacks = very good.
Vidic + any other combination not including the above = disaster.

He's a good player but his Achilles heel is to visible. So, nothing special.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (GrinReaper @ Aug 13 2008, 11:17 PM) *
I hope they don't cancel the deal if they don't get a satisfactory buy clause in the loan deal. I'll be happy if we can simply get him on loan for a season. We really need a CB now. The need is dire.

If that were to happen, we'd probably get Alex Silva instead... because would be cheaper to buy.
Habitant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 13 2008, 10:26 PM) *
No I don't like him. Vidic is good. Very good even. But the ball control and technique he has makes me.. puke.gif . And I don't like halflings that much. I like foot-ballers not foot-punchers.

Yeah? He's the best? Canna, Rio, Sandro, JT, Puyol - that's the 5 best. Vidic is not near one of them.

Vidic + Van der Sar + Rio Ferdinand + decent (and more) fullbacks = very good.
Vidic + any other combination not including the above = disaster.

He's a good player but his Achilles heel is to visible. So, nothing special.

fair enough thats your opinion.

thing is theres azzurri canna, and then theres real madrid canna. too diff players really.

and puyol has been mediocre for the past couple of seasons besides the euro.

as far as rio well many united fans would argue vidic is the better of the two, but they compliment each other very well.
Tennie
(I don't particularly like MU, and I think Vidic > Ferdinand).
Ry4n
Hopefully the deal can be met and we see him on the pitch on sunday for his debut !
Giancarlo
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Aug 14 2008, 12:14 AM) *
Hopefully the deal can be met and we see him on the pitch on sunday for his debut !

Against Juventus right? smile.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 14 2008, 01:21 AM) *
Against Juventus right? smile.gif

oh yes smile.gif who but the Jail birds tongue.gif
jbryant1
Hopefully this isn't another dumb rumour. Milan need a first rate central defender in this transfer market.

I havent seen much of this Chelsea player but our defense this preseason has looked so dreadful that we have nothing to lose. Its so odd how the management of this team has allowed Milan to go down hill in key areas.

We sold Simic so Milan must be plotting this acquisition.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Aug 14 2008, 03:46 AM) *
Hopefully this isn't another dumb rumour. Milan need a first rate central defender in this transfer market.

I havent seen much of this Chelsea player but our defense this preseason has looked so dreadful that we have nothing to lose. Its so odd how the management of this team has allowed Milan to go down hill in key areas.

We sold Simic so Milan must be plotting this acquisition.

Of course. The only way I saw a class defender coming is through the sale of a certain player (I named several, but Simic seem like the obvious choice because there would be buyers).
acid911
Irrespective of whether we get him or not, the thing that matters here is the management got enough of a kick in the right place that they are looking to make changes. wink.gif That's far more important after how we ended our last season. Remember the last couple of transfer windows, we'd consider ourselves lucky if we signed more than one player. Last summer we only signed Pato, I reckon. We built ourselves half a team this year.

Of course, I'd much rather like we don't fall into these sorts of messes in the first place. cool.gif And that's the reason why Ivanovic would be a good add to our squad.
CrazyMilanFan
it is blown up
Ivanovic will not go to Milan, or at least this does not happen very quickly: the negotiations between the company rossonera and Chelsea was abruptly interrupted in its final phase due to the question about the end of the loan, scheduled for next June. Gli inglesi hanno infatti chiesto l'obbligatorietà del riscatto del giocatore, il cui cartellino è valutato 12 milioni. The British have asked the mandatory redemption of the player, whose card is valued 12 million. I dirigenti milanisti si sono rifiutati: per ora, tutto fermo. The leaders have refused milanisti: for now, everything stopped.
CrazyMilanFan
better tranaltion needed it is from mediaset
Tennie
Ivanovic won't go to Milan, at least not in the short term: negotiations betwen the Rossoneri and Chelsea were abruptly interrupted in the conclusive phase due to the question of the end of the loan, fixed for next June. The English asked for the obligatory sale of the player at a 12 million value. The Milanisti refused. For now, everything's off.

Here's the original Italian: Ivanovic non andrà al Milan, o perlomeno ciò non succederà in tempi brevissimi: la trattativa tra la società rossonera e il Chelsea si è bruscamente interrotta nella sua fase conclusiva a causa della questione sulla fine del prestito, fissata per il prossimo giugno. Gli inglesi hanno infatti chiesto l'obbligatorietà del riscatto del giocatore, il cui cartellino è valutato 12 milioni. I dirigenti milanisti si sono rifiutati: per ora, tutto fermo.
CrazyMilanFan
i wonder will we look somewhere else or wait for next season
CrazyMilanFan
TMW is saying that milan officials are in london and trying to overcome the problem suffered
acid911
Good, good. They should be. dry.gif If it came to buy-out options, we should just probably have. It's not that Ivanovic is a bad defender.
CrazyMilanFan
mediaset extended version of the article belive ( that is what i understood) that the deal is skipped it is not gonna happen
kurtsimonw
blink.gif
agenth
other sources said we ar enear, but since it's mediaset (the one owned by berlusconi, right?)

i guess we can safely call it a night sad.gif
GrinReaper
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 14 2008, 05:46 PM) *
Ivanovic won't go to Milan, at least not in the short term: negotiations betwen the Rossoneri and Chelsea were abruptly interrupted in the conclusive phase due to the question of the end of the loan, fixed for next June. The English asked for the obligatory sale of the player at a 12 million value. The Milanisti refused. For now, everything's off.

Goal.com reports this as the other way around:

Sportmediaset claims The Blues are not willing to give Milan the right to buy the player on a permanent basis and thus everything has gone up in smoke as the Rossoneri wanted the rights as part of the loan move.

Il Diavolo’s directors have now pulled out as a result and it seems as if they will not return for Ivanovic unless they have the right to take him on permanently.

Milan were ready to give Chelsea €2m up front and then a further €10m next year for the defender but the English club do not want to lose their player, a €13m investment in January, and thus the move has broken down.

Conflicting reports, so, I don't know what to believe. But, I guess if both the sources say the move is off, so it must be off sad.gif
CrazyMilanFan
everything is off now there is an article on TMw which says that chelsea have told ivanavic agent that he is not for sale
Tennie
I might well have got it backward in my translation. Did it very quickly. But yeah, in any event it seems the deal is off.
acid911
That's bad. sad.gif Being in the position we are, I'd have welcomed any signing half-world-class. There's bound to be trouble with injuries once the season starts, as if there hasn't been already. I want us to win the league title, and I can only hope the management thinks the same and looks for alternates in both attack and defense.
Fillipo Simone
^^ There's no such thing as half-world-class. And to call a kid who hardly was tested in any big match or league a (half) world class player just because Juventus and Milan were after him is a bit...hastily.

I'm not exactly in tears if this deal does not go through after all. I just hope we have a back-up plan, cause we really need another CB in, world class or not.
Ry4n
Milan miss out on Ivanovic Thursday 14 August, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that Milan’s attempts to lure Serbian defender Branislav Ivanovic away from Chelsea have ended in failure.

The Rossoneri are looking for a stopper to act as cover after the recent injury to Alessandro Nesta.

After a series of meetings between Milan and Chelsea officials, a loan deal was expected to be announced, but reports suggest that negotiations have hit a brick wall.

According to Sportmediaset, Chelsea don’t want to offer the Diavolo the option to make the deal permanent next year – a clause that the world champions saw as pivotal.

Milan were reportedly ready to pay £1.8m up front with a further £8.5m to follow in the summer of 2009 if they decided to buy Ivanovic’s full rights.

However, Chelsea paid nearly £12m for the rising star in January and haven’t given up on their investment.

The task for Milan now is to find an alternative at short notice with a loan deal the favoured solution.

Link: Football Italia http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug14k.html
Giancarlo
As I said we will have to look elsewhere if it fell through and it appears to have happened, and now we have a requirement for another defender because of Simic's sale. It's a pity this deal did not go through. I was looking forward to it, but Chelsea are known to be terrible negotiators. Alex Silva is the first that comes to my mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.