Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti warns of Mourinho menace
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
Carlo Ancelotti has called on Serie A coaches to ignore Jose Mourinho's attempts to provoke them this season.

The Inter coach has already fired a verbal volley at his Juventus opposite number Claudio Ranieri, accusing him of not having a winning mentality.

However, the AC Milan man said: "I like Mourinho but he likes to court the press and he can be provocative.

"I enjoy our exchanges but the important thing is not to take what he says seriously."

One area where the 49-year-old has little to laugh about is his side's poor pre-season form and he admitted that things were not going to plan.

The former Parma and Juventus tactician said: "The only area that is working is the midfield and the injuries we have had are taking their toll."
Tennie
For crying out loud, it's worse in English than it was in Italian. The media have gone nuts. Menace? Ridiculous.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 13 2008, 04:42 AM) *
For crying out loud, it's worse in English than it was in Italian. The media have gone nuts. Menace? Ridiculous.

I'd certainly like to see the original quotes. I wonder if they translate it on babelfish... sometimes you must wonder lol.
Tennie
Ancelotti: 'Mourinho provocatore'

Il tecnico del Milan, Carlo Ancelotti ha dichiarato: "Mourinho è simpatico, ma gli piace discutere a distanza sui giornali. L'importante è non andare sul pesante e rispondere sempre con ironia. L'Inter resta favorita per lo scudetto, finora ha mostrato grande solidità in difesa. La Juve ha fatto un mercato giusto, la sorpresa sarà il Napoli".

(Corriere dello Sport)

Portikins quoted it in the Serie A thread earlier today.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 13 2008, 03:49 AM) *
Portikins quoted it in the Serie A thread earlier today.

Even the Italian headline to that story is exaggerated.

The media must sell its papers you know...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.