Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mourinho Raises The Bar And Scoffs At Milan's UEFA Cup Ambition
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Fillipo Simone
08/08/2008 18:31

Mourinho Raises The Bar And Scoffs At Milan's UEFA Cup Ambition

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has raised the bar for his side by revealing that he wants to win everything and he sniggered at Milan’s ambitions for the UEFA Cup. His latest rant and rave is likely to cause another stir in Serie A.
The ‘Special One’ was drafted in by Massimo Moratti in order to bring success on the grand European stage and win the Champions League.

The former Porto man has big ambitions and he has laid down the challenges for the coming season.

He also took the chance to make fun of bitter city rivals Milan, who missed out on Champions League football.

“We want to win everything, but not just this year, we want to create a group who can also win over time,” Mourinho told LA 7 TV.

“Moratti has the same ideas as me and we are working in that direction.

“We, like Juve, Roma and Fiorentina have to try and do what the English clubs have been doing in the Champions League and that is to get as many teams in the semi-finals.

“We can only become enemies once we get through the group stages.

“Milan? They have no choice but to win the UEFA Cup. They are a team who has high objectives so if they play in it, they have to win it.”

The Nerazzurri take on Sevilla in the Amsterdam tournament later this evening.

Mourinho’s latest rant against Milan is likely to cause the Rossoneri to react as the lyrical assaults continue to fly about.

I don't understand what exactly is so "assaulting" in these words. Hmh,.. unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
Just the media trying to cause a stir with a controversial title to an article. I didn't see anything in their insulting towards us.
acid911
Media. Twisters. dry.gif Having said that, as long as Mou doesn't bad-mouth Milan just for the sake of it (or pleasing inter fans) I'd be okay. He better not tread the red part of Milan, deliberately or otherwise, because then it can get real ugly, real fast - the Italian way.
GrinReaper
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 9 2008, 05:26 AM) *
He better not tread the red part of Milan, deliberately or otherwise, because then it can get real ugly, real fast - the Italian way.

You mean Fiat and Ferrari, respectively, yeah? cool.gif
acid911
I'd maybe throw in a Lamborghini, if need arises. wink.gif When it comes to Serie A and Italian things one never can be sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.