Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Viudez
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Tennie
The contract of Tabare Viudez has been deposited at the Lega Calcio offices; he's now officially a Milan player.

Benvenuto Tabare!
Zed.D
Hehe. welcome Viudez. hope you're as good as the other Uruguayan fellow!
Bluesummers
sigh and there goes the chance of signing foreign defenders lol. Only european defenders remain a choice.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 4 2008, 09:39 PM) *
sigh and there goes the chance of signing foreign defenders lol. Only european defenders remain a choice.

Personally I prefer European defenders, especially Italian ones.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 4 2008, 12:23 PM) *

cherah?
vahid
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 4 2008, 07:09 PM) *

Cardacio has dual citizenship so we can buy another non-eu player
But i prefer Italian defenders too.defending is in their blood!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 4 2008, 09:54 PM) *
cherah?

Because they're usually more solid! football has always been more defensive in Europe/more offensive in South America, and players' characteristics more or less correspond with that. you can't name one single South American defender that comes close to likes of Nesta, Canna, Maldini, Baresi, Hierro, etc. the same goes the other way. Pele, Maradona, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Romario, etc all came from South America. no need to say there are many exceptions but generally that is the case.
acid911
Um, Cafu and Carlos. Lucio will get pretty close too. wink.gif Not at the level of Italian or European defense, but close.
Il Capitano
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 4 2008, 07:50 PM) *
Um, Cafu and Carlos. Lucio will get pretty close too. wink.gif Not at the level of Italian or European defense, but close.

They do produce first class wingers but the central defenders are better in europe.
acid911
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Aug 5 2008, 03:32 AM) *
They do produce first class wingers but the central defenders are better in europe.

Ditto. I was talking about the back-line, of course. sleepysmiley03.gif Brazil's NT captain Lucio is another that's very decent. But like you said they can't rival the center backs of Europe. Different game there, I suppose.
Habitant
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 4 2008, 07:23 PM) *

TUIA TUIA

gal_kenny
Guys...just thought i should put this up...Short interview about Viudez
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 4 2008, 11:20 PM) *

But all of them are attacking minded players, even Lucio wink.gif and Carlos specially disliked sitting back and defending. as he once said on Real Channel "defending's for center-backs, I'm a left back. I attack!"

QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 5 2008, 02:58 AM) *
TUIA TUIA

What? who's that? unsure.gif
Tennie
Looks like he's going to stay with the grownups. He'll be wearing the #20 jersey.

(from the ticker on acmilan.com's italian page)
I NUMERI DI MAGLIA DI CARDACIO E VIUDEZ
05/08/2008
MILANELLO - Mathias Cardacio e Tabarè Viudez sono a tutti gli effetti due giocatori del Milan, il contratto di entrambi è stato infatti depositato in Lega nella giornata di ieri. Cardacio vestirà la maglia numero 14 mentre Viudez quella numero 20. I due uruguaiani si sono regolarmente allenati oggi nel centro sportivo di Milanello e domani si presenteranno al gruppo e a Carlo Ancelotti.

[THE JERSEY NUMBERS OF CARDACIO AND VIUDEZ
MILANELLO - Mathias Cardacio and Tabare Viudez are Milan players, the contracts of both were depsited with the Lega yesterday. Cardacio will wear the #14 jersey while Viudez will wear the #20 jersey. The two Uruguayans trained regularly today at Milanello and tomorrow will meet the group and Carlo Ancelotti.]
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 5 2008, 01:16 PM) *
What? who's that?

That's probably one of the alien, um Uruguayan we brought. unsure.gif Looks both young and mature at the same time, judging by his face
KillerMax
No, that's Alessandro Tuia, Lazio youth player. A lot of hype around him.
misha
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 6 2008, 03:27 AM) *
No, that's Alessandro Tuia, Lazio youth player. A lot of hype around him.

He was great at FM 06-07. Played like 12 years for my Milan.
acid911
Aha!
armiss
Viudez is on Attackers list , it would be good if we use him on Man city game wink.gif

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=70384
gal_kenny
Damn, he fast....
Habitant
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 5 2008, 09:16 AM) *
But all of them are attacking minded players, even Lucio wink.gif and Carlos specially disliked sitting back and defending. as he once said on Real Channel "defending's for center-backs, I'm a left back. I attack!"

What? who's that? unsure.gif

the next great italian defender wink.gif
Tennie
balloons.gif balloons.gif balloons.gif Happy 19th birthday to Tabare Viudez!
Zed.D
Happy birthday, Tabare!

Even though it's very hard for him to break through the XI, I hope he (or his fellow countryman) turns out our revelation of the season.
Tennie
Viudez is playing for Uruguay's U20s in the Comnebol U20 championship.

He scored a really nice goal in the first minute of Uruguay's game v. Chile today (FT Uruguay 3-2 Chile). Looked good and gosh is he fast.

The conventional wisdom in the Italian media is that Viudez will be loaned out next season.
dst
Will try to catch that tournament, thanks for the info, 10y!
dst
Uruguay Vs Argentina 0-0 HT.

Viudez is good. Uruguay's best along with Nicolas Lodeiro (Nacional). That other guy I have heard of, Argentina's Eduardo Salvio (Lanus), has also had a good game.

Viudez has a remarkable quality, he crosses and controls the ball well with both his legs!

Viudez was substituted after 65 minutes.
Ro Rossonera
I was upset to see him go sad.gif anyone know what the final score was?
Tennie
Uruguay 2 - 1 Argentina.

Argentina are in danger of going out of the tournament.
Ro Rossonera
Oh ok, glad they won
Jack Sparrow
Wow...this Viudez guy is something huh. Nice. So then we don't really need Suarez. laugh.gif
Ro Rossonera
I was hoping Carlo would have played him with Pippo in the game this weekend sad.gif but again he opted to choose older slower players.

Here are some new pics of Viudez with Uruguay

The fact that they are sitting in a kiddie pool is hilarious
Jack Sparrow
He IS tiny. Man..now I really want him in the team, alongside Zigic. biggrin.gif
Ro Rossonera
Who is Zigic?
il_diavolo_mtl
the closest man to the atmosphere who plays for red star belgrade
Ro Rossonera
Oh LOL there is like a 16 and a 1/2 inches between the two of them.
Jack Sparrow
You don't know who Zigic is? The flagbearer of East European awesomeness...and you don't know who he is!! ohmy.gif

Zigic: 6ft 8 in
Viudez: 5ft 5 in

It would so beautiful... biggrin.gif

il_diavolo_mtl
i could just see zigic liftingTabare for a header, it would count
Jack Sparrow
biggrin.gif Yes it would. You could just keep sending in crosses at 10 ft height.. biggrin.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
FLAWLESS!!, I think some underslept guy in Montreal and his indian-counterpart just thought of something worthy off changing the game forever!!!!!
gal_kenny
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 24 2009, 06:10 AM) *
i could just see zigic liftingTabare for a header, it would count

Lol..That was funny...and that would be some goal...Viduez jumps to head the ball and he can't reach it then Zigic gives him an extra lift!!!
il_diavolo_mtl
Lol enter figure scoring with lifts and all!
Jack Sparrow
I believe they already use it in rugby.
il_diavolo_mtl
aww..... i tought we had something goos going jaack...
Jack Sparrow
Well here's the game that made Zigic. The third goal's been deconstructed beyond belief, but look at the header for the first goal. laugh.gif He just stood there.

Zigic v Roma

We could seriously use him in Serie A. I plunder with him in Fifa 09.
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 24 2009, 01:07 AM) *
You don't know who Zigic is? The flagbearer of East European awesomeness...and you don't know who he is!! ohmy.gif

Zigic: 6ft 8 in
Viudez: 5ft 5 in

It would so beautiful... biggrin.gif

Nope sorry tongue.gif

Lol I agree it would be something.
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 25 2009, 11:28 AM) *
Well here's the game that made Zigic. The third goal's been deconstructed beyond belief, but look at the header for the first goal. laugh.gif He just stood there.

Zigic v Roma

ROFL that's awesome!
il_diavolo_mtl
it is said he always bangs his heads on incoming 747s
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.