Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan give up on Sheva
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
nuh
AC Milan have ended their pursuit of former San Siro favourite Andriy Shevchenko after accepting Chelsea have no intention to sell.

The Ukrainian arrived at Stamford Bridge two summers ago replete with a reputation for being one of the world's finest strikers, but his time in West London has been one of underachievement.

Shevchenko struggled to convince either Jose Mourinho or Avram Grant he was worthy of a regular start, with Milan persistently linked with bringing home a favourite son.

Again at the end of last season murmurs came out of the Serie A giants that suggested a bid was being readied but Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani admits any plans for an approach have now been shelved.

Luiz Felipe Scolari is thought to be keen to have the player at his disposal next term and Galliani has no intention of upsetting the Chelsea hierarchy by discussing a player under contract in the capital.

"He's not for sale," said Galliani.

"I've asked officially and (Roman) Abramovich said no. So we must be serious and disciplined.

"Should a club say no, we must accept. It means we have to think of something else."
m1ke
QUOTE (nuh @ Jul 30 2008, 09:48 PM) *
"Should a club say no, we must accept. It means we have to think of something else."

Cue Sheva's arrival in a few days time wink.gif
dst
Yeah... Mike could be right. Unfortunately... dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
I wouldn't perhaps say unfortunately...but well...things are coming a full circle, just not the way I expected. He's served his sentence, is it too much to think of him as a prodigal son?
MizNelson
It could all be a con by Abramovich to play on Milan's desperation for an injury replacement and therefore jack up the price.
Jack Sparrow
Don't think we'll buy him. Probably just loan him. Unless of course a teary eyed Silvio wants his 'adopted' son back so desperately. For once, I'm glad Galliani is stingy. We shouldn't have to pay for Sheva.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 30 2008, 11:07 PM) *
We shouldn't have to pay for Sheva.

Exactly. We shouldn't pony up for someone who wanted to leave the club so badly at the time.
Jack Sparrow
You're trying to re-ignite that fling you had with me sometime back ain't ya?Well for once, this sailor ain't biting. My heart's an organ of flesh you know, not a jigsaw puzzle, you can break and re-assemble when you please. cry.gif

Miz, I was wondering whether you have any Sting Rays or Chargers in your body of work. Would like one to hang up. biggrin.gif
ACMBoY
A.C. Milan communicates an agreement has been reached with FC Chelsea for the passage of Andriy Shevchenko to the Milan shirt. The player will be in Milan tomorrow to undergo the medical visits. The terms of the economic agreement with FC Chelsea are confidential.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.