Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan Eye Up Chelsea Defender
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
nuh
Milan Eye Up Chelsea Defender

The Rossoneri have stated publicly that, following the arrival of Ronaldinho, they will be making no more signings this summer.

However, the recent injury suffered by Alessandro Nesta, has led to some concerns that the defence may be undermanned, and as a result the club are considering going back into the market for a stopper.

Latest reports in the Italian and English media suggest that Milan are eyeing up Chelsea’s forgotten man Branislav Ivanovic.

This time last year the Serbian defender was the talk of the continent following some outstanding displays in the Under-21 European Championships in Holland. The defender was admired by many of the top clubs in Europe, including Juventus, Inter, Manchester United, and Milan themselves, but it was Chelsea who eventually won the race to sign him, paying Lokomotiv Moscow €13m in January of this year.

Since arriving at Stamford Bridge, Ivanovic has become something of a forgotten man, and he has still yet to make his first team debut, despite having no injuries.

With fierce competition this season from John Terry, Riccardo Carvalho, and Alex, his chances also look slim this term, and as a result Milan are hoping to acquire the 24-year-old on a season-long loan deal, possibly with an option to sign him permanently next summer.

Ivanovic is not the only Chelsea player to have been linked with Milan in recent days, as the Italians are also said to be considering former star Andriy Shevchenko.

for u guys that dont know him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxZBQM4XkQ
kurtsimonw
I think people are making too much out of this Ivanovic thing. He came to England in January and his previous club hadn't played a competitive game for a while, therefore he was not fully fit and they didn't want to throw him into hugely important title deciding games.
dst
I think that if we get anyone he will be a forward. Next year we're going to have to sign one of the greatest CB's in the world anyway.
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2008, 03:02 AM) *
I think that if we get anyone he will be a forward. Next year we're going to have to sign one of the greatest CB's in the world anyway.

Or maybe the year after? Provided we qualify for CL, and God willing. unsure.gif The thing is, you never can tell with Gods!
dst
Nah. God will retire next summer with the Scudetto winner's medal around His Godly neck! cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2008, 04:32 AM) *

Oh yeah sure... rolleyes.gif That easy....go to amazon.com and search. tongue.gif

There's nobody out there who can give the bang for buck that Galliani and co wants. The moment word gets out that Milan want a top CB to replace Maldini, the prices will shoot up. I'm betting we'll just promote Kaladze. rolleyes.gif

Now I'm not saying that's the right thing to do, but it's what we'll do. Unless we do win in earnings to pay for it. Or unless the defence is just so bad, that our forwards cannot score one goal more to win.
dst
I want Puyol, I'll get Puyol!
Jack Sparrow
He's not what he used to be. He's getting slower and slower.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 31 2008, 12:57 PM) *
He's not what he used to be. He's getting slower and slower.

You don't know what you're talking about!

So who would you get? If you could pick anyone...
Tennie
Chiellini. In a heartbeat.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 31 2008, 02:12 PM) *
Chiellini. In a heartbeat.

No way, he's not that good! Besides he's not for sale. I know I said anyone but he's not in that category. Juventus won't sell to us. Even Puyol is an imaginary target but I think it's not impossible. Chiellini to Milan is.

Anyway... I changed my mind. When I said Puyol, I had forgotten about Toure! cool.gif
LaPalma
Christian Wörns. Without the shadow of a doubt.
CrazyMilanFan
i would say zapata the guy has experience in serie A he wil be one of the best defender in the league this season
Jack Sparrow
Toure's too short, and about as likely a target as Chiellini. biggrin.gif

I don't know who is a top quality CB anymore. We could take a gamble on Ivanovic, but I think he'll be little more than Kaladze. Someone who can play well, with a better player alongside him.

Nope, I think the world is fresh out of top centrebacks, who're 80% as good as Nesta.
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 31 2008, 02:36 PM) *
Christian Wörns. Without the shadow of a doubt.

huh.gif What are you talking about? biggrin.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 31 2008, 02:59 PM) *
Toure's too short, and about as likely a target as Chiellini. biggrin.gif

I don't think there's anyone at Arsenal that Wenger would not sell. Maybe Fabregas but even him I think he would. Really, this would be a good chance to use your idea, give the two young Uruguayans to Wenger for Kolo and he'll jump to it!
Too short? You sure we're talking about the same guy? He's very good in the air anyway.
Jack Sparrow
Heh...i don't know. Somehow the thought of an EPL defender in Serie A doesn't fill me with confidence. You only have to see Gallas and Toure play together to suspect something might be wrong there.

I don't think Toure can play under the kind of sustained pressure based attack, always-threatening-but-never-quite- there-until-one-sudden-instant. In EPL, it's not like that...almost every play involves a direct attack at scoring. It's easier to be on constant alert. It's a less cunning game. Also I don't really think Toure is very level headed. I'd rather take the Favalli(yep that man again....I get a 'future coaching great' feeling from him) of 8 years ago. biggrin.gif

I would love for us to dig out and find the next great Italian defending talent. Santacroce sounds great. Might soon attain the status Nesta did at Lazio. Of being young and leading the defence line on his own. If that happens,I don't care what...we better get him.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 31 2008, 04:40 PM) *
You only have to see Gallas and Toure play together to suspect something might be wrong there.

Yeah Galls is what's wrong there!

I think Toure would be great anyway... but that can only proved if we see him play anywhere else...

Napoli won't sell any of their valued players to another Italian club!
morgoth
For a second I thought it was JT dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.